Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    sbramfan Guest

    OK, got the HC, DC, OC...now who's overseeing the ST?

    Maybe I missed this. Is Ligashesky retained or gone?

    I know that Haslett put a lot of attention and had a number of players that were strickly special teams guys, but who's the ST Coach?


  2. #2
    Fat Pang's Avatar
    Fat Pang is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    1,603
    Rep Power
    65

    Re: OK, got the HC, DC, OC...now who's overseeing the ST?

    Don't think it's been decided yet. Linehan is on record as saying he will interview incumbents if they indicate they'd like to stick around, so Ligashesky could still be back.

    I don't think we've seen enough of him to condemn him out of hand. I wouldn't be appalled to see him back.

  3. #3
    general counsel's Avatar
    general counsel is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    atlanta, georgia
    Age
    53
    Posts
    5,821
    Rep Power
    87

    Re: OK, got the HC, DC, OC...now who's overseeing the ST?

    in my opinion, there is nothing wrong with coach liggy. just like there was nothing wrong with strock or april. i loved martz, but he never put the appropriate emphasis on special teams. with more emphasis and better players, the coach will be just fine.

    ramming speed to all

    general counsel


  4. #4
    OldRamsfan's Avatar
    OldRamsfan is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Fort Mohave, AZ
    Posts
    886
    Rep Power
    12

    Re: OK, got the HC, DC, OC...now who's overseeing the ST?

    Quote Originally Posted by general counsel
    in my opinion, there is nothing wrong with coach liggy. just like there was nothing wrong with strock or april. i loved martz, but he never put the appropriate emphasis on special teams. with more emphasis and better players, the coach will be just fine.

    ramming speed to all

    general counsel
    Totally agree "GC"

  5. #5
    jkramsfan Guest

    Re: OK, got the HC, DC, OC...now who's overseeing the ST?

    i agree gc, putting the right players on st will make that unit much better.

  6. #6
    RAM-BO's Avatar
    RAM-BO is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Gainesville, VA
    Posts
    914
    Rep Power
    13

    Re: OK, got the HC, DC, OC...now who's overseeing the ST?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fat Pang
    Don't think it's been decided yet. Linehan is on record as saying he will interview incumbents if they indicate they'd like to stick around, so Ligashesky could still be back.

    I don't think we've seen enough of him to condemn him out of hand. I wouldn't be appalled to see him back.
    We had some great ST plays this year, like the Chris Johnson 99 yd kick return and the punt block by Wahlroos, but it seems that a lot of returns just tear through us for 30+ returns was too often. All things considered, our special team play was definitely an improvement over last year when we brought Ligashesky.

  7. #7
    SFCRamFan Guest

    Re: OK, got the HC, DC, OC...now who's overseeing the ST?

    Quote Originally Posted by RAM-BO
    All things considered, our special team play was definitely an improvement over last year when we brought Ligashesky.
    I agree. It was better. With the right players it could be even better.

  8. #8
    bigredman Guest

    Re: OK, got the HC, DC, OC...now who's overseeing the ST?

    Unless a bright star is available that our HC has his eyes on, I would give liggy another chance. Martz refused to allow starting O and D players to be used on ST, while most other NFL teams do.

  9. #9
    Fat Pang's Avatar
    Fat Pang is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    1,603
    Rep Power
    65

    Re: OK, got the HC, DC, OC...now who's overseeing the ST?

    Ligashesky is interviewing with Linehan next week.

  10. #10
    chiguy's Avatar
    chiguy is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Age
    43
    Posts
    1,381
    Rep Power
    25

    Re: OK, got the HC, DC, OC...now who's overseeing the ST?

    I thought the guy did a decent job this year considering the talent he had. He's earned another shot, IMO.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •