Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ok I agree

sjax08 is offline Registered User

Re: Ok I agree

Bulger is just making stupid decisions, don't blame the line for that. We do need an overhaul though.

btimsah Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Mooselini View Post
    If anybody believes that a new QB will play better than Marc did today, please put down the controller and stop playing madden.

We have seen the elite QB's this year get taken down. Hasselbeck, Peyton, Big Ben. When they get hurried and sacked, they look bad. Bulger is the same player.

Now, Peyton has gotten his groove back and his line has been more stable.

We should get a new QB next year to groom. But the only way he starts is when Bulger goes down or needs a couple week break.

I'll agree with you on one thing...Bulger needs a break.
    Ahh.. Matt Cassel has been sacked more than Bulger, but he's PWNING HIM in the qb rating. Bulger is near the bottom. Make all the excuses you want, I'm not doing it anymore.

In fact, In Madden I traded Bulger for Kris Jenkins. LOL *Grabs XBOX Controller*

SFCRamFan is offline Registered User

If our first stingers are this bad, what does it say about the quality of our bench? We must be stocked with the cast from The Longest Yard...and yes, Bulger does need to sit a while and visit the VA for that PTSD....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SJax, a developing quarterbacks best friend...

swatter555 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by btimsah View Post
    Ahh.. Matt Cassel has been sacked more than Bulger, but he's PWNING HIM in the qb rating. Bulger is near the bottom. Make all the excuses you want, I'm not doing it anymore.

In fact, In Madden I traded Bulger for Kris Jenkins. LOL *Grabs XBOX Controller*
    In real life your going to have a 10+ million dollar cap hit. I think the Rams have too many over paid players that don't perform. It is going to take years to rebuild the roster. Isnt that what we were supposed to be doing the last few years? The Rams are in bad shape. I think Bulger will be good if he could go to another team, but his contract is going to prevent that.
    Last edited by swatter555; -11-17-2008 at 02:31 AM.

C-Mob 71 is offline Registered User

Yea it all comes back to the money. I was stoked when we wrapped Bulger up, so i can't really say anything about bad descions. We need to ride Bulger out, while his successor learns for a few years. I know there have been some crazy turnarounds with the Falcons and Phins, but I dont see the Rams being competitive for a few years.

renrawtruk is offline Registered User

I've asked this question a number of times, but never got an answer:

When we signed KW after winning a superbowl, we still built in a bit of a "ooops" clause with the June 1 roster bonus on his 3rd year, so that if we didn't want to have to pay that, we could cut him. (like 6 million or something, wasn't it?)

Is there anything like this in Bulger contract so that perhaps after next year, the cap hit wouldn't be so great?

If so, we draft a young gun and have him train under Bulger next year.

Mooselini is offline Registered User

I know I made a dumb post before. My bad.

But I am not for starting a rookie behind this line. We need to fix the line. Pace may call it quits. That leaves us a big hole at LT. Our center is a joke. Another hole. Our RG is crap. Another hole.

Barron is good...but a penalty machine. Keep him around for one more year.

Have Bulger play behind a young, reengergized line and let the young player learn.

Dominating D is offline Registered User

Not sure what you guys think would be gain by having Bulger benched.

Green gets some PT....

Berlin gets some PT... Does anyone here think he will be the future QB for the Rams.

So by sitting Bulger what is the positive outcome?????

makersncoke is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Dominating D View Post

Green gets some PT....

Berlin gets some PT... Does anyone here think he will be the future QB for the Rams.

My thought for sitting Marc is to give him some time to get over being shell shocked. For all the talk about Warner, and I think he is a great qb he was damaged goods when he left here. The time off he had in N.Y. and the time he had to rest behind Linehart in Arizona has obviously re-energized his career and I would hope some time off could do the same for Bulger, we have nothing to loose at this point IMO.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

bradwill is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Dominating D View Post

Green gets some PT....

Might in fact help Bulger and might help the offense as a whole. It's not to see if concussion-prone Green or never-will Berlin is the answer or that the Rams will suddenly rack up a bunch of wins. The D will still be pitiful and the roster will still have some gutless players.

Putting Bulger on the bench might help him get his head right and no more hits or OL woes.

Marc Bulger Fan is offline Awaiting Email Conformation

If you bench Bulger then you better bench the 11 guys on Defense as well. Yes Bulger threw the two int's yesterday and nick was the reason for the fumble but those 11 guys on d did nothing to stop the ***** from scoring. They didn't tackle anyone, they didn't pressure the qb they gave the ***** the field and said do as you please. So you bench Marc, you better bench the D. There's a few guys on the offesnse I would bench too.

The only guys on this team that are safe from anything are Jones and Brown, they seem to be the only do doing something right.

RockinRam is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Bulger Fan View Post
    If you bench Bulger then you better bench the 11 guys on Defense as well. Yes Bulger threw the two int's yesterday and nick was the reason for the fumble but those 11 guys on d did nothing to stop the ***** from scoring. They didn't tackle anyone, they didn't pressure the qb they gave the ***** the field and said do as you please. So you bench Marc, you better bench the D. There's a few guys on the offesnse I would bench too.

The only guys on this team that are safe from anything are Jones and Brown, they seem to be the only do doing something right.
    We are suggesting that Bulger be benched not because of him only sucking, but because he needs a break. He's been hit too much, rushed too much, and everything in between. This guy needs a rest, a couple weeks to rejuvinate.

In my opinion, the defense DOES NOT need a break. Taking a break will not make them tackle better, or make them get more sacks. They just have to start executing properly.

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Mooselini View Post
    I know I made a dumb post before. My bad.

But I am not for starting a rookie behind this line. We need to fix the line. Pace may call it quits. That leaves us a big hole at LT. Our center is a joke. Another hole. Our RG is crap. Another hole.

Barron is good...but a penalty machine. Keep him around for one more year.

Have Bulger play behind a young, reengergized line and let the young player learn.
    I don't know if I'd call Incognito crap. Really, record a game and watch him closely. Yes, he has some temper issues, but he is a monster in the run game. He blew two holes wide open for Pittman to get a pair of 20+ yard runs yesterday. I would venture to believe he's been a big part of almost every big run gain this year ...

He does struggle in pass protection, but if you put a very solid center next to him, I would venture to believe that he would look pretty good protecting the pass. We really need to address center for some many reasons, I mean, seriously, the center is practically the captain of the offensive line, and we have Nick Leckey in there ...

Incognito could be a major force if he had just a little help ....

We've got some major issues on this roster, but here is what I'd like to see going into next year on the offensive side ....

QB - Bulger
    RB - Jackson
    RB2 - Pittman
    RB3 - Darby
    FB1 - ???? ----> Does not need significant offensive skills, but someone that call blow up a linebacker and a blitzer
    FB2 - Leonard ----> Jack of all-trades
    WR1 - Avery
    WR2 - Burton
    WR3 - Stanley
    TE - McMichael
    LT - ???? ----> A rock solid foundation for the next decade
    LG - Bell
    C - ???? ----> An intelligent, mauler that is smart, and aggressive at the point of attack
    RG - Incognito
    RT - Barron

Fill the FB, LT, and C with solid rookies or veteran free agents, and we should have a nice, young exciting team.

I hate to say it, but I think we need to let Pace and Holt go. It really does hurt to say that ...
    Last edited by RamsInfiniti; -11-17-2008 at 04:29 PM.

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RockinRam View Post
    We are suggesting that Bulger be benched not because of him only sucking, but because he needs a break. He's been hit too much, rushed too much, and everything in between. This guy needs a rest, a couple weeks to rejuvinate.

In my opinion, the defense DOES NOT need a break. Taking a break will not make them tackle better, or make them get more sacks. They just have to start executing properly.
    Nice post, because Bulger does not suck. You don't put up the numbers he has in his career if you suck. He put up these numbers in a very complicated system ...

He just needs to reset, some might say. I don't know if that requires sitting him or not. I hate to send him packing, because look at KW, who is now a MVP candidate again. Bulger just needs his confidence back. Once he quits thinking so much, and feels comfortable just reacting again, like he has in the past, he'll be just fine ...

Fact is, we all complain about Bulger forcing these balls into double coverage, but the man is just trying to make plays, and he doesn't have alot of help. Are they dumb decisions? Often, yes. But what really is the recourse?

I think at this point Bulger realizes that the defense is not going to cut this team any breaks. He has to do whatever is necessary to win, and he's never had to do that before. This is really just a bad situation all around ....
    Last edited by RamsInfiniti; -11-17-2008 at 04:32 PM.

Marc Bulger Fan is offline Awaiting Email Conformation

I think Bulger is trying to do much to make things happen for this team and in the end it's costing him w/ the throws he's making and what not. He figures he has to do it all since no one else will.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast