Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Will51 is offline Registered User

ok this is making me mad, so listen up!

im a huge ohio state fan, i have watched jlau play his whole career and he reminds me of urlacher in every way. I cant stand how everyone thinks maluaga was a better pick. jlau had a better 40 time, a higher verticle, more tackles, interceptions, sacks, tackles for a loss and did better at his pro day. Now this being said there is only ONE reason everyone who doesnt like this pick would have chosen malaluga.... and thats cause he is a heavy hitter. Well take a look at the NFL in the new era. Lb's arent normally big hitters any more, they just need to make the sure tackles, the big hitters are the safeties these days. Is urlacher considered a big hitter? no , but can he lay a hit , yes. How about vilma, pierce, ruud, scott,tatupu, all of these LB,s are considered sure tacklers but not nesseceraily heavy hitters(now dont get me wrong im sure they can all lay the wood) but how can anyone favor rey over james? jlau beats him in every category that means anything, hes better in coverage which means the world on those 3rd and 4's when play action is called instead of a run. i have hoped and prayed for the last 2 years the rams would get him and i was praying that rey would have been off the board in the 2nd round so there was no chance of us passing james for rey, all of the doubters will see when james is packing his bags for hawaii

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

Re: ok this is making me mad, so listen up!

Love this post, I must admit I liked Maulagu bu James Lauranitis is the better pick, the more I look and hear of him. No doubt, I've also seen that he's the bigger hitter of them both. And more consistant.
    RamsFan16

BIG-BLUE is offline Registered User

Will,
    I'm with you. I've been wanting Laurinaitis ever since last year & the fact that he was there for us in the second was great. Love the pick & he will be a solid pro for years to come. He is a true MIKE in every since of the word, has instincts, leadership & is a true tackling machine. I would take him every time over Rey Rey.

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

You can go watch a ton of film on YouTube ...

Sure, Maulauga makes some big hits. Most, if not all, are on unsuspecting players, hits on or near the sideline, or on quarterbacks ...

Go watch James, and you'll see that he can hit with the best of them. The difference between the two is that Maulauga often throws his body at ball carriers, which is a disaster waiting to happen ...

I am sure there are plenty out there that can attest to the fact that James is a big hitter ...

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

Rey's character issues does it with me. When has T.O won a Superbowl, or Mike Vick, Randy Moss, or any other troubled personality? Championships are won with cohesive units. We need team chemistry and James brings that.

Hope we get immediate and long term benefits from this guy. Hearing the Urlacher comparison makes goose bumps come up my back.
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

A-Web is offline Registered User

Put it simply, in a scenario.

You are in a game, and you are winning 10-7 in the last 20 seconds of the game. The opposing team has the ball and it's 2nd down, with no timeouts left. They are on the 37 yard line. This makes for a very deep field goal, that most field goal kickers wouldn't make 10% of the time. But, a few yards closer, and your hitting that 50% mark. There's enough time to put a run up, spike the ball, and then kick.

These are all things going through your players minds, and it seems like an obvious choice. The teams get to the line, and the ball snaps. Your team reads run on the play action, and over-commits. The corners and safeties come forward, and a linebacker drops for protection. A pass goes up to the Tight End over the middle, and there is only one player on the field to make the stop, that one linebacker...

Which of the two do you want?.....................................................................

Can you honestly answer "that guy from USC?"

I can swear by the bible and the flag from the USA, and under every oath ever known, that I would want James Laurinaitis and only James Laurinaitis in between that TE and the goal line.

I don't just mean from this draft either. I mean out of ANYONE IN EXISTANCE. This is no exaggeration. This guy does not miss. He tackles the way tackles were meant to be made, and he is a sure thing. He doesn't over-commit his body, he doesn't lose his footwork, and he NEVER throws his body at a person. He has perfect tackle form, meets the midsection, and drives downward, with his feet moving forward through the whole tackle.

He can make the one-on-one tackle in the open field, and he can make those crazy shoe-string-from-behind tackles that make everyone gasp in awe, and everything in between.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just saying, when you can get something like that, and it comes with a leadership voice, and a perfect personality, how can you ever pass that up? The answer is you don't. And Spags didn't. And that is what this team is about. The guys you can't miss, that won't mess up. Taking a "sure thing" over a "suicide bomber" is about as obvious as drinking Kool-Aid over gasoline. Kool-Aid is good, and has been that way for as long as can be remembered. Gasoline makes alot of things work, and is more "high octane" than Kool-Aid. One tastes great and gives you sugar (energy), the other tasts like feces, and will kill you.

This should summarize what the rest of the world hasn't yet. Kool-Aid to Gasoline. You decide.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Our Draft team could have selected either guy and they went with JL. That's enough for me. Let's not lose sight of the fact that neither one of these guys has played a single down in the NFL. They could both be studs or duds.

GO RAMS!!!

#39 Fan is offline Registered User

Consistency is huge.

This reason alone is why I never wanted Rey-Rey over Lauranitis

ramsplaya16 is offline Registered User

I love the JL picks, the big reason I feel a lot of fans were upset is because manu posters on this board are from California, and they are wanting their "hometown guy" it seems that way to me, and if it was a linebacker from UM chances are id be the same way because im a huge Miami fan, but I understand where a lot of the rey fans are coming from ( I know all weren't from cali) but if the FO decides JL was better, then I do too.
    Built RAM tough

eldfan is offline Registered User

I Don't have any problem with the pick, we sure need a mlb hope he can change somthings.
    :ramlogo:

thoey is offline Registered User

Will51, I was going to rep you for your post, but being a Michigan fan, i just can't do it. Ah, what the heck, you're also a Rams fan, so there must be something good about you...

This space for rent...

jmk321 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by LA Rammer View Post
    Rey's character issues does it with me. When has T.O won a Superbowl, or Mike Vick, Randy Moss, or any other troubled personality? Championships are won with cohesive units. We need team chemistry and James brings that.

Hope we get immediate and long term benefits from this guy. Hearing the Urlacher comparison makes goose bumps come up my back.
    I wouldn't blame Randy Moss' character for not winning a championship. Randy Moss is a good example of a guy who had character issues that didn't affect his play (except for in oakland but it seems like once anybody goes to oakland they play terrible). Was it Randy Moss' character that made Gary Anderson miss a field goal in 1998 to not seal the win. Was it Randy Moss' character that wasn't able to stop the Giants in their game winning drive in superbowl 42.

Rey is not like T.O. at all and would be a good leader on the defense. He would bring a lot of energy and passion to the field and that energy would transfer to his teammates. His problem is that he misses tackles and isn't disciplined, not that he is going to destroy a team's chemistry like T.O.

Mooselini is offline Registered User

I was rooting for Rey because where I live, I get a lot of PAC 10 games. I saw Rey and wanted him to be a Ram, however, I would watch SportsCenter and see...Laurinaitis.

The close the draft came, the more I wanted Laurinaitis more. I'm glad we got him.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Devaney, if you care about this team... fire the offensive coordinator!!!!

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by ramsplaya16 View Post
    I love the JL picks, the big reason I feel a lot of fans were upset is because manu posters on this board are from California, and they are wanting their "hometown guy" it seems that way to me, and if it was a linebacker from UM chances are id be the same way because im a huge Miami fan, but I understand where a lot of the rey fans are coming from ( I know all weren't from cali) but if the FO decides JL was better, then I do too.
    I'm from L.A., I don't like Ohio State at all, but I LOVE James Laurinaitis! I've wanted him all along and prayed the Rams would trade up to get him (which they tried to do) because IMO he was the best all around LB in this years draft. He is going to help effectively anchor the Rams defense for years to come. I just didn't see Maulauga measuring up to Laurinaitis in any way, shape or form.

jerseyramsfan is offline Registered User

Great post.... I too was brainwashed by the heavy hitter title.... You have made me see the light!!! GO RAMS.....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast