Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    theodus69 is offline Registered User

Re: ok this is making me mad, so listen up!

I think with the group of LB's at SC, It was hard not to look good.JL did alot of his stuff on his own. Not to knock his mates but I think MALU had alot of help. And I am a SO Cal. guy but.................I HATE THE TROJANS!!!!!!

I stopped going to the dentist.......I got tired of the cavity searches!

serkicker32 is offline Registered User

In Ray's defense, his off field issues occured right after his father died, so I would not hold those over his head.
    Also, I remember USC's bowl game where the anouncer talked about how that defense has fed off of Ray. Just think about that... every player that has started on that defense over the last two years has either gone pro or will go pro. How many other teams can say that.
    Oh and don't get me wrong, I really like the pick, believe James is a great leader and great linebacker, and that both were over-scouted due to the 4 years of film teams had on them.

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nibiru2012 View Post
    I have no problem with people defending the James pick but to compare Rey with T.O. and Vick is just ignorant

comparison from a huge OSU fan is premature let's be realists about this, he hasn't even played a down yet in the nfl.
    Point taken on comparisons, however my point is we need guys that are willing to cooperate on and off the field and there has been an incident noted.

As for premature expectations, well don't kill our enthusiasm, we are ready for football 2009! How is that for civilized!
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by jmk321 View Post
    His problem is that he misses tackles and isn't disciplined, not that he is going to destroy a team's chemistry like T.O.
    True and once again, point taken on comparisons. I'm just glad we are excited about James and we will look forward. Draft is past and now is time to see what fruits are reaped for an above average draft. (B)
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

I personally would've been content with either player. My problem comes with the perception that all of a sudden Maualuga has character issues. I live 5 miles from USC and I've never heard of any problems concerning Rey until the media blew up that incident of him dancing behind a female sideline reporter.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Fortuninerhater View Post
    My problem comes with the perception that all of a sudden Maualuga has character issues. I live 5 miles from USC and I've never heard of any problems concerning Rey until the media blew up that incident of him dancing behind a female sideline reporter.
    Well, he was arrested in 2005, so that's at least one thing prior to the '09 Rose Bowl.

ManofGod is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Will51 View Post
    im a huge ohio state fan, i have watched jlau play his whole career and he reminds me of urlacher in every way. I cant stand how everyone thinks maluaga was a better pick. jlau had a better 40 time, a higher verticle, more tackles, interceptions, sacks, tackles for a loss and did better at his pro day. Now this being said there is only ONE reason everyone who doesnt like this pick would have chosen malaluga.... and thats cause he is a heavy hitter. Well take a look at the NFL in the new era. Lb's arent normally big hitters any more, they just need to make the sure tackles, the big hitters are the safeties these days. Is urlacher considered a big hitter? no , but can he lay a hit , yes. How about vilma, pierce, ruud, scott,tatupu, all of these LB,s are considered sure tacklers but not nesseceraily heavy hitters(now dont get me wrong im sure they can all lay the wood) but how can anyone favor rey over james? jlau beats him in every category that means anything, hes better in coverage which means the world on those 3rd and 4's when play action is called instead of a run. i have hoped and prayed for the last 2 years the rams would get him and i was praying that rey would have been off the board in the 2nd round so there was no chance of us passing james for rey, all of the doubters will see when james is packing his bags for hawaii
    I'm with you 100% on this one. I was the only guy on here for the longest saying that James was the best MLB and has been the best in the country. As long as we can keep him clean, he'll do a great job for us.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Fortuninerhater View Post
    I personally would've been content with either player. My problem comes with the perception that all of a sudden Maualuga has character issues. I live 5 miles from USC and I've never heard of any problems concerning Rey until the media blew up that incident of him dancing behind a female sideline reporter.
    As Nick mentioned, he was arrested for misdemeanor battery in 2005 and had a history of "wreckless partying". He was also disciplined by Pete Carrol in 2006 for "unruly behavior" at a frat party and then of course, the unwise incident on the sideline with Erin Andrews this year. He's been to counseling and Alchohalics Anonymous as part of his arrest plea agreement, but it seems like Rey still has some issues.

hawaiianpunch is offline Registered User

Will 51 i think your right. How do you think i feel about Pisa Tinoisamoa? everyone saying hes not an every down back when hes only been in the league for 7 seasons and led the team in tackles for 41/2, Pisa can definitely lay the wood man, ive seen him go up and up with Brandon Jacobs and take him down, I think this is our hitter. the same way. i think Laurinitis will make our core complete, how can you go wrong with and epic name in Laurinitis, i think He will be the complete package.
    Last edited by hawaiianpunch; -04-30-2009 at 01:41 AM.

itsguud is offline Registered User

I am very happy with the JL pick (we do share the same initials ). I think JL is a much better leader which I truly believe we wre lacking on D and I also believe that leader should be in the Mike position. Rey was a big hitter, Ray L style but he was hardly the vocal leader this team needed. When I found that out I knew our pick had to be JL. I'm excited that we got the #1 OT and the #1 MLB in this draft!

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

the unwise incident on the sideline with Erin Andrews this year
    I missed this, Mike. What happened?
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

jmk321 is offline Registered User

It's ridiculous if people think the Erin Andrews thing could be considered a character concern. Nothing about Rey really jumps out as a serious character concern and is not enough of a reason not to draft him. Laurinaitus was just a better player than him and people are really over thinking these character issues. If Rey doesn't succeed in the NFL it will be because of his play on the field, not off of it.

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    I missed this, Mike. What happened?
    YouTube - Rey Maualuga grinding on Hotty Erin Andrews

Nothing major. But still, really?
    RamsFan16

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

The incident with Erin Andrews was probably no big deal in relation to the other things Maualugu has done in the past, but it was just plain stupid. It showed a lack of judgement, a lack of maturity and a lack of respect for Andrews. I'd be willing to bet that seemingly innocuous act made an impact on NFL teams. I wonder how Rey-Rey would have reacted if someone did this to his mom? I'm guessing it wouldn't be pretty.

ramsplaya16 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    I'm from L.A., I don't like Ohio State at all, but I LOVE James Laurinaitis! I've wanted him all along and prayed the Rams would trade up to get him (which they tried to do) because IMO he was the best all around LB in this years draft. He is going to help effectively anchor the Rams defense for years to come. I just didn't see Maulauga measuring up to Laurinaitis in any way, shape or form.
    Exactly, i saw Lauranaitis the same way, i really wanted him too. I didnt mean all fans from Cali wanted rey, but im sure many USC fans did, but im with you that JL will be the anchor of this defense for years to come and he is the most complete MLB in this draft
    Built RAM tough

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast