Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    maxxdigger is offline Registered User

Ok Rams Fans Who Would You Have Picked James Laurinaitis or Rey Maualuga

I kow both players are regarded as the best at there position in college, But what do you think about them at a pro level. Does one stand out from the other.

let your opinins flow, At least it not about bashing bulger

shower beers is offline Registered User

Re: Ok Rams Fans Who Would You Have Picked James Laurinaitis or Rey Maualuga

James Laurinaitis. He's playing MLB right now where as Maualuga is not in Cincinnati. Although, I'm a bit of a homer...

maineram is offline Registered User

Rams needed a pure middle backer and they got one. If you saw the Rams/Jets game, whenever James was on the field he either had the ball carrier, in the pile with the ball carrier or within a yard of.

I think the Rams made the right choice, the kids going to be good. He's just a pure football player and could probably be one heck of a fullback.

Maine -
    and out of the ashes rise ...The Breakfast Club !

C-Mob 71 is offline Registered User

Only time can truly tell at this point. The pick was made by an organization that I have no reason not to trust, so naturally I am going to say James was the right choice. He is a complete linebacker, whereas in my humblest of opinions, Rey is only a two down player- albeit potentially a very good two down player.

Also in every interview and discussion I have heard about 'Naitis reflects that he is truly a high character individual, an individual that you can build a team around and feel comfortable with him leading it. Haven't heard that in regards to Mr. Malauga.

Of course he is a Ram, and IMO Rams are always better than anyone else.

GO RAMS

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Well.........JL has played a game; RM has not. So I guess that puts Animal's Son up 1 to 0.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

J.L. demonstrated some instinctual characteristics in the first preseason that I love to see in a MLB. He's patient, and loves contact. Even if J.L. didn't make the stop, he was still in the pile when the play was over. That lets me know that he is all over the field ...

I think he is going to be a very nice MLB for many, many, many years here. He may never be a true gamebreaker, but we don't need that at the MLB slot in Spags system ...

RockinRam is offline Registered User

I bet Lauranaitis can play QB better than Bulger.

On a serious note, I started off wanting Rey before the draft, but now, I've taken a liking to Lauranaitis.

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Considering that Laurinaitis could have been a first rounder last year easy and should have been one this year after one more year of polishing, I was a JL man the whole way. He's a MLB for today's game, not yesterday's game like RM is. Today you need a 3 down player who can defend the pass as well as the run, and JL does that. RM is just a liability in the pass game as far as I'm concerned.

Plus I hate U$C.

RebelYell is offline Registered User

I think Maualuga has better upside but I'd take Laurinaitis. Laurinaitis is more of a leader and has more of a base level of skills. Laurinaitis is probably not going to be a top 5 MLB but he's also (baring injury) not going to be a flop. Maualuga is in my opinion a risk at being a massive flop. Just a hunch so I can't quantify it. Under the new commissioner, character really means a lot these days and Maualuga's actions add to that part of the risk equation.

RamJackson39 is offline Registered User

I would have taken Rey because I think he has a much higher ceiling than James L. Better in game speed and I dont think he's as bad against the pass as people are saying. He's just a force in the middle and ferocious hitter. It would have been nice to have someone that dominant against the run and quick enough to get after the QB back there at MLB, but I am happy with James L. I think he will be a very solid pro.
    The Roman and The Prince. Playmakers until the end.

Mooselini is offline Registered User

I'm glad we picked James. I liked Rey, but that's because I saw more Pac 10 games.

James was the safer pick I believe.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Devaney, if you care about this team... fire the offensive coordinator!!!!

theodus69 is offline Registered User

I think SC was lucky to have that many great LB's on one side of the ball.
    I don't think Rey would had been so good if he had played at Ohio St.
    JL did alot on his own. Not to take away from the other LB's he played with, But I don't think they were the Sc caliber players. Rey May not have that great of a supporting cast in cinncy and if he doesn't , his play will show. JL
    already is playing like he is the only one out there. Probably because he was at OSU. Oh , and Rey hit alot of people after the play which made him look good.And I hate SC also!!!!!!
    I stopped going to the dentist.......I got tired of the cavity searches!

HornyRam is offline Registered User

So far, I am impressed with everything I have discovered about JL.

I think the Rams staff made an excellent choice and I am pleased.

San Diego Ram is offline Registered User

So Many SC haters dang!!!!

Watch out for Taylor Mays this year HATERS!!!!!

theodus69 is offline Registered User

Taylor Swift ? WHO? SC with 4 losses Won't matter what WILLIE MAYES HAYSE does.LOL Sooner Fan........What do expect?
    I stopped going to the dentist.......I got tired of the cavity searches!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast