Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    rams8821 is offline Registered User

Okay what do we have to do to beat WASH?

Stop portis. NO TURNOVERS!! Turnovers will kill us in this game. I look for a BIG game from Jackson as well.

Go Rams...

Rams Fan For Life:clanram: :clanram:

AJD45 is offline Registered User

Re: Okay what do we have to do to beat WASH?

We have a 7th-round rookie QB starting behind an injured, patchwork o-line ... pretty safe to say turnovers are inevitable. As far as stopping Portis, I think it's far enough along into the season to know our defense and to accept that ain't gonna happen. Assume at least two big gashing runs right up First-Round Pick Alley (when Pickett's not in there). But if the D can keep the big plays to two or less, however, that will be "stopping them" from my perspective. I'd also add that it's important not to commit stupid penalties that cancel out potentially game-breaking plays, but apparently we have to accept that's going to happen, too (is not going offsides on kickoffs really too much to ask??)!!

Therefore, I think this game comes down to outscoring them and outscoring our own mistakes. Pound away with Jackson primarily, of course. But the key is Fitzpatrick must continue to fire the ball down the field and continue to scramble. The Rams' only hope is aggressive, quick scoring drives. If Fitz tries to control things and prevent turnover risk with shorter passes, we're doomed. Called screens and swing passes to SJ, yes, but dump-offs, no. Keep chucking it to Ike and Holt 20+ yards down that field!! Otherwise, might as well put Martin back in.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Very good pointers. :up:

:angryram: Hold the fort / Alamo at the OL.

CanadianRam! is offline Registered User

Shove SJ down the middle for 100 yards
    38-0 when Ram back rushes for 100+ yards
    go rams!

Rampage39 is offline Registered User

LT had 180+ yds on the ground, so i hope we get atleast 120+ rushing. Portis is overrated imo. he was super good in denver but above average in wash. we also got to throw deep against them.

psycho9985 is offline Registered User

Score lots of points and stop them from scoring more.
    My heart beats crazy and my blood runs wild

bruce_wannabe Guest

Just Win Baby!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chrisbob Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Rampage39
    LT had 180+ yds on the ground, so i hope we get atleast 120+ rushing. Portis is overrated imo. he was super good in denver but above average in wash. we also got to throw deep against them.
    I wrote some thoughts on the game in a pervious post here.

LT had lots of yards vs the Skins and the Skins D did have a bad spot between weeks 4-8 where they seemed to allow a big run every week but that had calmed down until LT's show last week. In their defense, they were not helped out by the offense last week, when the Skins got up 17-7 vs the Chargers in the 3rd quarter, they only got one more 1st down for the rest of the game as Gibbs went ultra conservative. After 3 quarters, LT only had 66 of his 184 yards but as the D was worn down by being on the field so much, he started to break some big runs.

The Skins DL is a good run stopping unit but they don't get any pass rush so with the Rams banged up line, they should still be able to get time to pass, which is what worries me as no matter how inexperienced the QB is, when he gets time, he should do ok so expect planty of blitzing from the Skins.

With regard to Portis, he isn't putting up the numbers he was in Denver but who does? He is hardly an Orlandis Gary and he can still impact this game. I think he'll like running on the turf in the dome. Portis has become a better all round player in his two years in DC, he is a willing blocker and receiver and shows plenty of hustle.

I think the Rams have to use the pass to set up the run, the Skins are going to stack the line and dare Fitzpatrick to beat them so if the Rams can have at least some success passing the ball and get the D to back off a bit that will open up the running for Jackson.

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

With a banged up O-line? PRAY!
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

tim
    tim is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by psycho9985
    Score lots of points and stop them from scoring more.
    damn you beat me to it.

but in all seriousness that's what it's going to come down to. Portis might be overrated, but even Arizona ran all over us. I feel like every week, no matter who we are playing, we're going to need to put up around 30 points.

Rambos is offline Registered User

Run it nuff said.

jrockster77 is offline Registered User

With the Skins only playing the first 3 quarters and the Rams propensity to come back in the 4th quarter, this should have the makings for a great game, if nothing else. I'm sick of watching great games from the wrong side though...

Its really strange -- we never know which Skins team is going to show up. The offensive juggernaut with a porous defense, or the dominating defense who's offense can't score a touchdown on the Raiders. Its pretty mind-boggling. Joe Salave'a our starting DT is doubtful, and even though Griffin is probable (our best dlineman, hands down), if Salave'a can't go, it will mean at least a respectable day for Stephen Jackson.

Here's to an injury free game! :cheers:

rampete is offline Registered User

if the rams front 7 can generate some pass pressure and sacks on 50 yr old brunell (didn't he play when steve young was in his prime?) we'd be in good shape...

having said that, if we could allow david carr to have one of his career days against us, i'm not holding my breath...

Rampage39 is offline Registered User

heck we all feel the same way j77, we don't which rams team will show up on sunday either.

NY RAMFAN is offline Registered User

If I were Gibbs I'd be more than worried, you're facing an unknows qb that can eitherthrow, scramble and run, plus you have a rb that easily can run over 100 yards.
    I think that the key point is don't let them do any big plays (control portis, moss and the TE) and pray for Fitz to have another great day.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast