throwback week

Soonerram8 Guest

Oklahoma Connection Keeps us in the game

Although Clayton didn't have a great yardage game. The only 2 TD's isn't bad. I am disappointed in the defense. Not so much for the whole game but for te penalties at the end that stopped us from at least getting a shot to win the game. I sense a frustrating season coming.
    Last edited by Soonerram8; -09-19-2010 at 09:09 PM.

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

Re: Oklahoam Connection Keeps us in the game

Again the defense was overly fatigued for being on the field too much as a result of poorly executed drives during the 3rd and early 4th quarter. And this ain't the first frustrating season we've had, we took more lumps for the last three years that winning looks lightyears away from being probable.

dgr828 is offline Registered User

Re: Oklahoma Connection Keeps us in the game

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerram8 View Post
    Although Clayton didn't have a great yardage game. The only 2 TD's isn't bad. I am disappointed in the defense. Not so much for the whole game but for te penalties at the end that stopped us from at least getting a shot to win the game. I sense a frustrating season coming.
    SOONER OR LATER, Maybe we'll get a win!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

01d 0rd3r is offline Registered User

Re: Oklahoma Connection Keeps us in the game

Buddy, being a rams fan is like getting stabbed every sunday. You better get used to it.

Soonerram8 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by fliptalianstallion View Post
    Again the defense was overly fatigued for being on the field too much as a result of poorly executed drives during the 3rd and early 4th quarter. And this ain't the first frustrating season we've had, we took more lumps for the last three years that winning looks lightyears away from being probable.
    12 penalties for 90 yards is a lack of discipline on defense. Now I know all of those weren't defensive penalties but it seemed like big whoppers of personal foul penalties. I defer to those that have been Ram's fans longer but as a former player and coach myself I believe you start with discipline.

Side note. One of the personal foul calls was ticky tack. I know but hey after the ball is thrown you just have to have enough self discipline to back away.

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

12 penalties for 90 yards is a lack of discipline on defense. Now I know all of those weren't defensive penalties but it seemed like big whoppers of personal foul penalties.
    You have your numbers mixed up. The Rams were penalized eight times for 92 yards. The Raiders were penalized 12 times for 90 yards. But yes, the five defensive penalties of the Rams did include a couple of unnecessary roughness and roughing the passer penalties that amounted to a number of yards. I think the penalty on Atogwe was pretty poor, and I didn't see the one called on Bartell. The other two - one on Dahl and the final one on Robbins - are instances where I would agree that the players need to be smarter and not put themselves in a situation to be flagged.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!