Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    RAMarkable is offline Registered User

Re: OLB is Priority #1 This Offseason

Quote Originally Posted by Wyoming View Post
    So being in Wyoming I don't get a chance to watch the Rams often unless they're in the playoffs, which obviously won't happen this year. So my question to you guys is whether or not Clifton Ryan can be the stud that he was against SF. If not, I really think we need a BIG defensive tackle to play alongside Carriker. In fact, I'd almost like to see Carriker moved to D end. It doesn't seem like he's making an impact in the middle. Maybe draft a big D tackle, move Carriker to end and let Wroten or Ryan play the other tackle. I really want to see us get a hardhitting ball hawking SS. I definitely think that we should use at least a 2nd rounder on that. Also, maybe we can get lucky and find our own version of Tony Romo in the late rounds and let him sit until Bulger retires or leaves. Your thoughts?
    Good post, WY. To answer your question on C. Ryan; he's looking very good from what I've seen and just the other day, Haslett said that he was a TRUE Nose Tackle. So your point about A. Carriker being moved could be very much the case in the future, provided, of course, that Ryan continues to develop. And I surely would like to see C. Wroten progress as a pro; but at this point I remain upset with him and his drug problems.
    BTW you mentioned that you can only see the Rams if they make the playoffs (-insert Jim Mora quote here: "PLAYOFFS?!?!")- anyway have you considered subscribing to Directv? You would be able to get all of the Rams games and when they are playing as they have been recently, it also allows you the option to tune into other games that feature genuine NFL-caliber teams that play like they care. This certainly would help you on those cold Wyoming winter days.
    BTW(2) I drove thru Wyoming last year on the way to Yellowstone---B-I-G STATE!! Haven't seen that much open space since I drove thru the desert in Nevada. Whereabouts in the Cowboy State do ya'll live? I came the southern route thru Cheyenne, and Casper and the Wind River area (Riverton, etc.)

WHAT SAY YE?

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    WR is a need, not sure I would take one over a DE or OT at this point.
    Well ultimately it depends on where everyone falls on the draft board.

BigDaddyPace is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    Let me see if I have this straight.....

.....on a team averaging less than 10 points per game (the only one in the NFL, btw), the "top priority" is to replace a 26-year-old productive LB who has missed all of 7 games in a 5 year career.....because he's injury-prone?

This 26-year-old's time has come and gone, but the future rests in a 32-year-old LB?

Seriously?
    What production are you talking about pal? Are you watching the same team I am?Who said anything about a 32 year old lb?

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyPace View Post
    What production are you talking about pal? Are you watching the same team I am?Who said anything about a 32 year old lb?
    1. The production I refer to is Tinoisamoa's. Are you wishing to say his time in St. Louis has not been productive?

2. As I'm not sure what team you're watching I have no way of answering this question. As for me, I have been watching several games each weekend, but as it pertains to this conversation, I've been watching the Rams.

3. Anyone who has referred to Chris Draft has said something about a 32-year-old LB.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Cherry.and.White.Ram is offline Registered User

our fofense should be performing! the defense was what everyone seemed shakey about.

id get a linebacker at first pick, then maybe a LT for second, and then maybe someone else for the trenches but i dont think our concern is WR's or anthing alike.

holt is alright for a few more years, bruce has seen ebtter days but can still be impactful (whiners game), bennet isn't performing but i blame play calling, looker isn't bad, hagans can hold his own and i beleive he could be useful.

we also have hall helping out at WR and derek stanley could be worth a look.

i think sorting out the D is key, because realistically, our offense should be performing, it's indeniable that what has happened IE injurys is a freak occurance.

id get

1) LB
    2) LT
    3) DT
    4) maybe a K?
    5) WR
    6) QB?
    7) a safety or something
    3)

badmoforamfan is offline Registered User

How depressing is it that we are already talking about who the Rams are going to draft next year?

Heck, my signature depresses me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Maybe not now, but soon.

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

So here's a question--

Right now, you're the head of The Rams-- would you pick Cambell, Dorsey or Long?

Quote Originally Posted by Bar-bq View Post
    So here's a question--

Right now, you're the head of The Rams-- would you pick Cambell, Dorsey or Long?
    I think I'd have to answer, "yes".
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Jake Long, OT, Michigan
    Glenn Dorsey, DT, LSU
    Kenny Phillips, S, Miami (Junior)
    Calais Campbell, DE, Miami (Junior)
    DeSean Jackson, WR, California (Junior)
    There's one more Long you're forgetting, and that's Chris Long, the defensive end from UVA and Howie Long's legitimate son(Carriker being the illegitimate one, according to our rumors this summer). He's Scout's Inc's number one senior at the moment and certainly has the family genes to do well.

39thebeast is offline Registered User

Alot of people have said we need a new WLB. IMO we already have one of the best in the league with Spoon. We need a big run stuffing MLB. Jasper Brinkley is a guy we should look at who is big and fast could have been a first round pick if he didn't get injured. This would allow us to address our biggest needs SS or DE. Hopefully we wont need to get DE if we can get one of the great DE's available in free agency like Jared Allen, Terelle Suggs, and Justin Smith. We could then pick Kenny Philips the best safety in a shallow draft.

Tony Soprano is offline Registered User

Pisa has GOT to GO!

His Body is way too small for the way he plays. Attitude can only go so far.

He'll have the same problems no matter where he goes.

Carriker would have the biggest impact at End, but he'd be a very good three technique Tackle too.

He's no Nose Tackle!

Wyoming is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RAMarkable View Post
    Good post, WY. To answer your question on C. Ryan; he's looking very good from what I've seen and just the other day, Haslett said that he was a TRUE Nose Tackle. So your point about A. Carriker being moved could be very much the case in the future, provided, of course, that Ryan continues to develop. And I surely would like to see C. Wroten progress as a pro; but at this point I remain upset with him and his drug problems.

BTW(2) I drove thru Wyoming last year on the way to Yellowstone---B-I-G STATE!! Haven't seen that much open space since I drove thru the desert in Nevada. Whereabouts in the Cowboy State do ya'll live? I came the southern route thru Cheyenne, and Casper and the Wind River area (Riverton, etc.)

WHAT SAY YE?
    I'm really glad to hear that Ryan is doing well. And I am eventually going to get DirecTV but I don't have a "permanent" residence right now as I am staying with some friends and looking for an apartment. Right now I'm living in Rock Springs, which is about 1 1/2 hours from Riverton. But I grew up about two hours south of Yellowstone. You know how people talk about the irony of living in New York but not going to see the Statue of Liberty? I've been to Yellowstone once and I was too young to remember it. Sad? I think so. :\

PossumBoy9 is offline Registered User

Within the top ten, though I wouldn't take any of the above with pick numero uno. That spot is reserved for Brian Brohm or Darren McFadden at this stage.
    I think Andre Woodson will be the first QB taken. Brohm may have competition from BC's Matt Ryan as well.

AOE

Quote Originally Posted by Tony
    I'm not sure I follow, Tony. He's 6'1", 235. That's about right for a LB, and in fact is fairly large for today's WLBs. And he's bigger than Draft (5'11", 232) who some are wanting to replace the diminuitive Tino.

Now, don't get me wrong.....an argument could be made to get Draft on the field. And considering the play of Spoon and Chillar this quarter season, that argument would have to follow with diminshed time for Pisa. I would not sell the farm positioning for Pisa against that argument........on the short term.

However, I don't feel that his size is a strike against him in this argument. He's bigger than the guy who would replace him.
    Carriker would have the biggest impact at End, but he'd be a very good three technique Tackle too.

He's no Nose Tackle!
    After only 4 games? He's been up-and-down, but I'd say, for a rookie, he's done a pretty decent job. As for moving back to his base college position of 4-3 DE, I'm not sure a 315-lb DE would be all that effective as an edge rusher. Now, if you're suggesting switching to a 3-4 and putting Carriker on the end of that line, then I wholeheartedly agree. We'd have to do some more personnel shuffling and horse-swapping, but AC as a 3-4 DE is a wagon I'd ride.

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Soprano View Post
    Pisa has GOT to GO!

He'll have the same problems no matter where he goes.

He's no Nose Tackle!
    You send Pisa packing because he's small? What about bulking him up? Changing his position? Using him as a utility backup?

He's too good a player to be shipped away. He just needs to be used in the right manner. He had close to a 100 tackles for us for two seasons.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast