Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    moloch41 is offline Registered User

Re: One Fan's Prediction: Rams 13 - Eagles 31

Quote Originally Posted by RamsInfiniti View Post
    Our line is out of shape? How do you figure this one genius? They DOMINATED against the Raven's, plain and simple.
    Wait, I thought preseason play wasn't indicitive of anything? When a couple of Kansas City's lineman started against us and allowed their back up running backs to run all of the joint, that didn't mean anything, but when our starting line played well against mostly Baltimore backups, it does mean something? Do we only count good preseason play when we play well?

rammiser is offline Registered User

Re: Rams 13 - Eagles 31

Quote Originally Posted by moloch41 View Post
    Ha Ha- oh yes, the "this is Jimmy Kennedy's breakout season!!!" yearly tradition- how I miss it tho. This year was going to be Wroten's "breakout season"- and I agree, but only if he gets thrown in jail and has to break out. Supposedly this will be Tye Hill's "breakout season" too...we'll see.

I would have to agree. I never got this whole, "If you have anything negative to say about the Rams, then you're not a real fan" thing. People can be realistic and still be fans- you don't have to be swimming in blind optimism to garner that title.
    I think your wrong people say negative things all the time and pretty good debates and discussions insue. I think when it's dooming the season before the season starts is when it is going a little far. You don't think a lot of us think it's a possibility for us to suck again? It's definately a possibility but it's also possible for us to turn this thing around. Not in the eyes of some of you though the season is over already and we havnt played 1 regular season game. I think this is what gets people so upset and thinking your not Rams fans. Oh woe is me the season is over we suck,Jackson,Bulger,Linehan,Hasslett,our defense,our o-line, even our towel boys suck. Thats what makes us question you people as Rams fans. I bet if we do get pounded by Philly some of you will be in here touting "I told you so" like it's a good thing we lost or something. You guys arent just negative you have completely written off the season. I don't know if you could go to any board no matter how crappy the team and not get grief for that. Like I said with the kind of support fans like you guys show it's no wonder why visiting teams have home games in our stadium now!
    Just Fix It

bigredman is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Bald_81 View Post
    That was two years ago. That was when people actually thought Jimmy Kennedy had turned a corner (LOL). And I would rather have people express how they really feel than be drowned in optimism and fantasy predictions that have us winning 10 games. Just look at everyone comparing this upcoming season to '99, I mean if that were the case, y'all might as well fit our players fingers with the rings already!
    No one criticizes the players, coaches, or front office of the Rams more than I do. I firmly believe you are just as much a fan when you express the negative issues of the team as those that always point out the positives. However, as you say, this is a new year, the preseason and last year are no barometer as to what will happen.

Could the Rams lose to the Eagles? Sure. That's not the point of my or many of the other's dispute with this thread. Nor does it have to do with anything about what some of us believes our record will be this year. However, predicting a score of Rams 13 - Eagles 31 is just a big ol' bucket of cold water to throw on the enthusiasm and hope that all fans have at the beginning of the season for their team.

What you did was bold, for sure, but with making such bold statements, you need to back it up with cognitive analysis and facts to support it. I just don't see the rationale supporting your opinion.

I guess what I'm saying is..Rams 13 - Eagles 31 is still crap!
    Last edited by bigredman; -08-31-2008 at 12:40 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by rammiser View Post
    I think your wrong people say negative things all the time and pretty good debates and discussions insue. I think when it's dooming the season before the season starts is when it is going a little far. You don't think a lot of us think it's a possibility for us to suck again? It's definately a possibility but it's also possible for us to turn this thing around. Not in the eyes of some of you though the season is over already and we havnt played 1 regular season game. I think this is what gets people so upset and thinking your not Rams fans. Oh woe is me the season is over we suck,Jackson,Bulger,Linehan,Hasslett,our defense,our o-line, even our towel boys suck. Thats what makes us question you people as Rams fans. I bet if we do get pounded by Philly some of you will be in here touting "I told you so" like it's a good thing we lost or something. You guys arent just negative you have completely written off the season. I don't know if you could go to any board no matter how crappy the team and not get grief for that. Like I said with the kind of support fans like you guys show it's no wonder why visiting teams have home games in our stadium now!

People at work ask me how I think the Rams are going to do this season all the time and I tell them anywhere from 3-13 to 13-3- I really have no idea how this team is going to play. But from what I've seen the past couple of years coupled with I've seen things in the preseason definately concern me though. My point was that when I said that things in the preseason concerned me, people jumped all over me about how it was only the preseason and it didn't matter. Some of these same people have used some of the positive things that have happened in the preseason to justify keeping a positive outlook on the season. If you're going to discount the bad stuff, then you also need to discount the good stuff. You can't have it both ways.

Quote Originally Posted by bigredman View Post

Okay, but if the Eagles do, in fact, win 31-13, do we now consider him the next Nostradamus...or at least the next Miss Cleo?

AlphaRam is offline Registered User

You give Mcnabb alot of credit. He throws alot of dirt balls. Since my darling wife (who has a major fault of being an Eagles fan) and I see alot of Eagles games, I can tell you the biggest thing to worry about is Westbrook.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by moloch41 View Post
    Wait, I thought preseason play wasn't indicitive of anything? When a couple of Kansas City's lineman started against us and allowed their back up running backs to run all of the joint, that didn't mean anything, but when our starting line played well against mostly Baltimore backups, it does mean something? Do we only count good preseason play when we play well?
    What does this have to do with our line supposedly being out of shape? This isn't even your argument ...

A bystander who says the line is out of shape should have some evidence to back that up ...

theodus69 is offline Registered User

If the score is 31-13, I'm calling him for my next lotto #'s. The Eagles have been at the door too long now and I think the Rams are gonna take this one from the start. I've not been happy with some guys on the team , but the season is here and we are kick some ass. Rams 24- eagles 3. this game is gonna bring some hope to the season for all. I'm starting this year from this point as positive as possble. We'll see how I feel after sundays game.
    I stopped going to the dentist.......I got tired of the cavity searches!

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by bigredman View Post
    No one criticizes the players, coaches, or front office of the Rams more than I do. I firmly believe you are just as much a fan when you express the negative issues of the team as those that always point out the positives. However, as you say, this is a new year, the preseason and last year are no barometer as to what will happen.

Could the Rams lose to the Eagles? Sure. That's not the point of my or many of the other's dispute with this thread. Nor does it have to do with anything about what some of us believes our record will be this year. However, predicting a score of Rams 13 - Eagles 31 is just a big ol' bucket of cold water to throw on the enthusiasm and hope that all fans have at the beginning of the season for their team.

What you did was bold, for sure, but with making such bold statements, you need to back it up with cognitive analysis and facts to support it. I just don't see the rationale supporting your opinion.

BRM, my sentiments exactly. If you are going to go out of your way to predict such a score, let's see the analysis top to bottom. Talk about the matchups, tell us why you feel that way ...

Saying the line is out of shape and McNabb is going to kill our weak secondary is crap. Explain why the lesser Eagle's WR's will dominate our secondary. Explain to me what the line has been eating to get them so out of shape. I'd like some of those doughnuts too ...

Quote Originally Posted by RamsInfiniti View Post
    What does this have to do with our line supposedly being out of shape? This isn't even your argument ...

A bystander who says the line is out of shape should have some evidence to back that up ...

My argument is that when I started the other thread about the defense looking bad the other day, you said that I shouldn't put any weight behind it because it was the Chiefs "starters" against our backups. Then, you talk about how our offensive line is not out of shape because they, as starters dominated the Ravens backups. Do we lend weight to preseason play or not?

AlphaRam is offline Registered User

Analysis be damned - starting a thread with this prediction in the title is throwing a cold bucket of water on the camp fire we just got started by rubbing sticks together.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I dunno- I see it as much as you have the right to be optimistic about the season, he has a right to be pessimistic. They're both opinions and based on feelings.

Well I for one don't see any reason to piss on someone's camp fire just cause they decided to post that they think

No, I don't like the predicted score line and kind of hope it does not come about. but its still a forum where members can post their own thoughts? I hope

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

Personally, I don't have any problem with the prediction. I wouldn't do it publically myself, but I have no problem with someone else doing it. Free speech, free thought thing, I guess... I know in my heart what I hope this team does, and I know in my brain what I think will happen, and unfortunately they're not one in the same.

Since the dawn of training camp, I "predicted" this team to get around 6-8 wins without any crazy injury bug hitting the Rams or any serious holdout issues. I still feel that way. Nothing in training camp that I saw (or read) has changed my mind. Now, as the season progresses, things can, and probably will change, and my thoughts on win totals could change. But when I looked at the schedule, I penciled this game in as a probable loss as well.

Why I think we can lose?
    • 'cuz the Eagles record was better than our record last year, and until they lace them up and prove otherwise, you have to think they're a better team.
    • Jackson, Atogwe, Brown have not played any, or very little in preseason and will surely be rusty in this, their first game of the season. I would not be surprised to see some big game changing plays against the aforementioned D players.
    • Bulger has started slowly before, and with a new (old?) system, it wouldn't be stretch for it to happen again.
    • The Eagles are at home.
    Now, I'll be watching this game optimistically hoping that we play well, and possibly steal a win. Could it happen? Sure, anything's possible. Will it happen? I wouldn't bet on it. There's a reason the Eagles are comfortable favorites in this game and Vegas is usually pretty good at predicting winners.

But I'm counting down the hours to Sunday, and I'll plant my butt in front of the big screen in hopes of a Rams victory. Win or lose, I'm hoping for a good start to the season, and a good effort from this team. Losing won't be nearly as disappoointing to me as a blowout from a bad effort. I'll also be watching Mr. Jackson closely to see how he plays after his hold-out.

...if he's rusty, out-of-shape, or misses assignments that cost the Rams a chance at winning the game, I'll be all over his butt come Sunday afternoon.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

makersncoke is offline Registered User

I agree with the 6-8 wins and trust me I hope it's a hell of alot more. But as a realist, aside from some guys getting healthy, what has this team done to vastly inprove itself from a 3-13 record? Not enough to get to 10 or 12 wins. I don't think that's being pesimistic, that's being real.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast