throwback week

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    moloch41 Guest

Re: One Fan's Prediction: Rams 13 - Eagles 31

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaRam View Post
    Those MASKING MASKtards probably played ABBA.

Woah, you're dating me a bit early there, guy. Let's just replace ABBA with Inxs, Geraldo, or Right Said Fred.

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Re: Rams 13 - Eagles 31

Quote Originally Posted by btimsah View Post
    I predict doom and gloom for the upcomming season. Unfortunately! I just did not see this team do anything to fix big weaknesses. Getting Ricky Manning is nice, but could somone please tell me why we get Ricky Manning, BUT DON'T DO WHAT IT TAKES TO GET LITO SHEPHARD? Anyone? Bueller? Beuller?

This front office/coaching staff drives me crazy with their non-moves. Shaun Rodgers goes to cleveland. Asante Samuel goes to Phylly. There is this general sense that this team is somehow "set" at positions in which we actually "suck". I have not seen that change in any way shape or form, so unfortunately I see a horrible openning game.

However, if we beat the Eagles, nobody would be happier. Hell, I'll probably get NFL sunday ticket for almost $400... Would I really do that if I did not want us to win!
    My last post was directed mostly to Moloch, and the main point was you can be positive while still being critical and realistic.

Anyways to answer your post. Did you see anyone get Lito Sheppard? No, because first the Eagles were asking too much for him and second he's injury prone, so it's not like we are the only team who is short on corners. So ask yourself why didn't any other NFL team get him either.

Shaun Rodgers was traded for Leigh Bodden, who did we have to give up to get Rodgers, and did we even need Rodgers at that price? We are short at CB so Rodgers is a moot point.

As for Samuel, I think he's a bit overrated and costs too much, and at the time who knows who we were really looking at and trying to do. There was so much speculation with regards to what we were doing who really knows. Hindsight is 20-20, we didn't know Brown and King would get hurt and then add Atogwe into mix, so complaining now about what we may not have done months ago is moot.

My issue with your post is you already have the score (I believe that's most people's issue with your post), and the way you come across it seems you already know what's going to happen before we have even played a down. That's not realistic.

I have NO problem with people predicting wins and losses. I, and most of us here have a problem with you posting a thread with a title that only had the score in it (before someone edited it), and then once you get into this thread, and some of your other threads it's the same "we will suck" stuff.

It's just like AV said earlier, the way your posts come across it's almost like you want us to be bad so you can say you're right. I'm not saying that's how you really feel or that's your intent, but that's how your posts come across to me and apparently some other people.
    Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce
    Kudos to Jared Cook for saying what needed to be said about being outplayed and outcoached vs the Cards.

moloch41 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce View Post
    My last post was directed mostly to Moloch, and the main point was you can be positive while still being critical and realistic.
    As you can be negative while still being critical and realistic- realism is in the eye of the beholder. I had many spirited discussions on here last season with Ramsinfiniti- a lot of the time we disagreed on what was wrong with the team. I saw a lot of issues with the defensive game calling, while he tended to believe the problems were related to lack of offense. We were both right that there were problems- we just disagreed with what was causing them. I'm of the state of mind that we agree to disagree.

My problem, however, is that you just don't see people on here that are accused of being negative- attacking other people for being positive. But once someone posts something that is construed as negative, they are usually ganged-up on and the loyalty to the team is called in question as is their desire to see the Rams win. I find it kind of funny when people say that about me, but I think a lot of it is brought about from the frustration of losing and will be cured by winning. Hopefully, Linny and the boys can right the ship this season and aren't just delaying the inevitable. Another season like the last two isn't going to get people drinking the Kool Aid anytime soon.

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by moloch41 View Post
    As you can be negative while still being critical and realistic- realism is in the eye of the beholder.
    I agree and that's what I was saying to you a couple of posts ago. It goes both ways.

Quote Originally Posted by moloch41 View Post
    My problem, however, is that you just don't see people on here that are accused of being negative- attacking other people for being positive. But once someone posts something that is construed as negative, they are usually ganged-up on and the loyalty to the team is called in question as is their desire to see the Rams win. I find it kind of funny when people say that about me, but I think a lot of it is brought about from the frustration of losing and will be cured by winning. Hopefully, Linny and the boys can right the ship this season and aren't just delaying the inevitable. Another season like the last two isn't going to get people drinking the Kool Aid anytime soon.
    As for "attacking" I think that's too strong a word. The rule is no personal attacks or the post will be deleted. So in general I see it more as spirited debate rather than an "attack." If someone attacked you personally, report it and it should be deleted.

Just in general I see it go both ways, not just one way. When a positive person comes up with valid facts or is even a bit too enthusiastic about something the negative person comes along and says something about "drinking Kool Aid" or "wearing blue and gold (rose) colored glasses" or "this guy sucks" "we suck" etc. So from the positive persons view they could take that as an "attack" even though it may not sound or come across as harsh it still could be taken as a "shot" at the positive poster. To me it's all just spirited debate, and if it gets personal it should and usually does get deleted.

Like I said earlier, this quote
    Quote Originally Posted by moloch41
    "I guess that the negative people take a more realistic and cautious approach."
    was the only real issue I had with your post. I was just saying it can and does go both ways.

Like I said earlier I don't think the sky is falling and I don't think we are the 99 Rams. I will criticize when I feel the need to, and also praise when I feel the need to.

Some posters are just negative all the time. I think to myself doesn't that just get tiring complaining all of the time? Some posters are way at the other end of the spectrum where they see one play or one game and say we are the GSOT all over again. Either way I don't see any realism, and that's what I'm looking for.

I consider myself realistic and pretty much middle of the road while leaning a bit to the positive side, but I'm never afraid to criticize the Rams when I think they deserve it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce
    Kudos to Jared Cook for saying what needed to be said about being outplayed and outcoached vs the Cards.

jjigga3000 is offline Registered User

Unfortunately, I have to put this game down as a loss.

I know some of you want me to pick this from my heart, but that's never worked before. Knowing Linehan and Haslett were gonna struggle most of the game. Our offensive line will get Bulger killed because their out of shape and unprepared. Our horrible secondary will be chasing them all day. Andy Reid will be out-scheming us as usual and there will be numerous "big plays" that many will be excusing. Saying "if we'd gotten rid of that 30-40-50-60 yard touchdown run and pass we'd have had a close game". Most however will be immediately demanding Linehans job. That's the only positive I can imagine.

Rams - 13
    Eagles - 31

Another long season I'm fraid.
    I'm sure glad the teams actually have to play and you're prediction is just that a prediction. That's why I don't get into predictions, because right now the Rams are just like every other team in the NFL right now, they have 0 losses. If they got out there and execute, they'll have a win with no losses. The Eagles according to the preseason, at this point aren't a better team than the Rams. I think they're pretty evenly matched.

The only reason I would even think they would loose is you always expect the home team to hold court at home. But an away win for the Rams would be a tremendous jump to their season. As I see We'll be fine, if we just go out and play.

jjigga3000 is offline Registered User

I would say this people, it is in a person's nature to be negative. They choose that way as to not be let down. I'm the other way I'm optomistic, and if something doesn't go my way I just chalk it up for what it is. It's easier to be optomistic, than it is to be pesemistic, that takes up way too much energy. So as the Rams go I'm just going to enjoy the season. I have no expectations. I just want to see football games, if they win great, if the loose at least I got to see them play. I've decided to be just a fan, I'm not a coach, or a armchair QB. I'm just a fan.

CaliGirlRamsFan Guest

The word is LOSE peeps! Jig, you got rep points anyway's, even though it is *pessimistic*.
    Last edited by CaliGirlRamsFan; -09-02-2008 at 01:51 PM.

RAM-BO is offline Registered User

Eagles always start off slow, if we were playing the Eagles in week 10 I'd be worried. This will be a close game until the end, where a key turnover puts the game away.

Eagles win 24-27

CaliGirlRamsFan Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RAM-BO View Post
    Eagles always start off slow, if we were playing the Eagles in week 10 I'd be worried. This will be a close game until the end, where a key turnover puts the game away.

Eagles win 24-27
    I'm going to watch the game, and then post my prediction.

Bald_81 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by bigredman View Post
    I guess what I'm saying is..Rams 13 - Eagles 31 is still crap!
    I hate to put salt in the wound, but you're right, that prediction was absolutely crap!

I mean, what evidence have we got to suggest this team is going backwards instead of forwards? All the video evidence has been presented in the full three and a half hours we played today.

bigredman Guest

Philadelphia 38 St. Louis 3
    I guess that leaves me eating a big crap sandwich, don't it!
    Last edited by bigredman; -09-08-2008 at 11:20 AM.

AlphaRam Guest

Despite the horrendous loss we suffered, I still do not like t see such
    a gloomy score forecast in the title of a thread. Bad karma...

Quote Originally Posted by bigredman View Post
    Philadelphia 38 St. Louis 3
    I guess that leaves me eating a big crap sandwich, don't it!

btimsah Guest

Unfortunately, I have to put this game down as a loss.

I know some of you want me to pick this from my heart, but that's never worked before. Knowing Linehan and Haslett were gonna struggle most of the game. Our offensive line will get Bulger killed because their out of shape and unprepared. Our horrible secondary will be chasing them all day. Andy Reid will be out-scheming us as usual and there will be numerous "big plays" that many will be excusing. Saying "if we'd gotten rid of that 30-40-50-60 yard touchdown run and pass we'd have had a close game". Most however will be immediately demanding Linehans job. That's the only positive I can imagine.

Rams - 13
    Eagles - 31

Another long season I'm fraid.
    I win.

/win

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

I win.

/win
    Anyone who gloats about a personal victory when correctly predicting a Rams loss is not a Rams fan.

RAM-BO is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Anyone who gloats about a personal victory when correctly predicting a Rams loss is not a Rams fan.
    Anyone who wishes the Rams lose so Linehan can lose his job is not one either

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast