View Poll Results: Which one of our FA is priority number one?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Arch

3 10.00%
  • Curtis

5 16.67%
  • Pickett

16 53.33%
  • Bruce "cut"

6 20.00%
    Rambos is offline Registered User

Which one of our FA is priority number one?

Which guy is a must have?
    Last edited by Rambos; -03-10-2006 at 09:39 AM.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Which one of our FA is priority number one?

I'll say Pickett. In fact, Pickett is the ONLY true priority. Bruce is coming back, he always was. His "cut" was not much more than a business technicality. We're going to feel a little silly getting all worked up over losing Ike when he signs his new three year contract in a near future. As for Curtis...nobody is going to offer a 1st round pick for him, so Curtis is a Ram for another year. And Arch...let him walk.

Unless we sign Kemeoatau (I think I spell that guy's name different everytime), Pickett is the top priority. As I said earlier, Glover replaced D-Lew, not Pickett.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Kemoeatu would be a good replacement for Pickett, but because he can play NT he is getting a lot of interest from teams like Cleveland

Truth is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison
    Arch...let him walk.
    Although I wouldn't be willing to pay huge money to keep Arch, I think that he has incredible potential with the right coaching staff. That is, as long as his back injury is no longer a major factor. As a person with back trouble, I can tell you that it's a real tricky issue.
    That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!!

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

Since Bruce is signed maybe he was the number one.

Of the remaining three I would say Curtis.

Pickett has only 6 sacks in 5 seasons and 75 games. He plays in the middle of a DL that has been giving up bunches of rushing yards. DLew has 10.5 sacks in 69 games and he has played a lot less downs than Pickett.

Those numbers from Pickett are not high priority.

1st & Goal is offline Registered User

Voted for Curtis, but it came after we signed Bruce. Still think that would have been how I voted. As much as Ike has ment to this team, Curtis may be just as important to Ike's production. It will be difficult for defences to focus in on Holt & Bruce, with someone like Curtis on the field.
    "I was the originator of smack. Some guys rattle with smack; with other guys it rolls right off their shoulders like nothing. "
    -Deacon Jones

Rambos is offline Registered User

Pickett, has big upside. Glover is going to have an impact for sure. But Pickett is just getting started.

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

I dunno. He sure is slow at getting started as far as production numbers. He will be 27 shortly after the season starts, so, he does have some good years left. I would not consider those years as big upside based on what he has done to this point. He has had ankle and other injuries.

Everyone complains about the defense against the run and as far as pressuring the QB. Well Pickett has been one of those players that has not really stood out, yet some consider him a high priority. He has been playing NT and that position should be the best opportuntiy to control the line of scrimage and help stuff the run, yet the run defense has been suspect.

I suppose it depends on what FA's are available, but it certainly could not hurt to look for an upgrade.

majorram is offline Registered User

I would like Curtis to be signed long term... Arch is gone and to the redskins.....I would love the Rams to get Pickett signed but I just don't see the Rams paying another $4 mill on the D-line...

steve:clanram:
    "The breakfast Club"