throwback week

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: The one pick i have trepidation about....

Rammed is offline Registered User

Re: The one pick i have trepidation about....

I agree with you GC and I think you give quite a good analysis for you feelings about this. Maybe next time using an easier word will make matters easier :-)

As for Pead being Steven Jackson's replacement. Steven Jackson is one of the last workhorse do it all RBs in the league. I don't think one player will replace him it'll be two, and we will go to a running by comittee approuch. So Pead will never have to carry the load like Jackson does or Rice for that matter.
    Last edited by Rammed; -05-01-2012 at 06:21 AM.

mde8352gorams is offline Registered User

GC, I totally agree with you about your trepidation about Pead vs. taking Lavonte David. I was very high on David coming into the draft and was disappointed when we didn't take him. Conversely, I have to think Pead who played so well at the Senior Bowl that he was named MVP, will be a big addition to our offense and Special Teams. I believe he will be used on KO's and maybe punt returns. I hear your arguement for taking a back-up vs. a starter and have to rely on Jeff and Les who have a gameplan that I trust we'll be pleased with.

I also agree with you as stated on another thread about the O-Line not getting more attention in this draft. I really was high on Bobbie Massie at OT/OG and watched him go to AZ. Regardless, I think we should have taken an OG unless we plan for a pro FA at LG. Wasn't Jake Scott with Fisher in Tenn.? Maybe that's the plan. We'll see.

Go Rams!

general counsel is online now Registered User

Keep in mind that we did take a guard in the 5th round MDE. Rockevious is an interesting guy in this draft for us. If fisher and boudreau can develop him into a decent starter (he was first team all sec at south carolina and is 345 pounds) we will have gotten brockers, pead and a starting guard for morris claiborne, a deal i make any day of the week and twice on sunday.

Ramming speed to all

general counsel

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel View Post
    Keep in mind that we did take a guard in the 5th round MDE. Rockevious is an interesting guy in this draft for us. If fisher and boudreau can develop him into a decent starter (he was first team all sec at south carolina and is 345 pounds) we will have gotten brockers, pead and a starting guard for morris claiborne, a deal i make any day of the week and twice on sunday.

Ramming speed to all

general counsel
    I think that will become an especially good trade if Janoris Jenkins pans out

general counsel is online now Registered User

Tomahawk is really correct on this. The best way to look at the trade is to look at it as part of the RGIII deal and that includes the #39.

Thus, to date, we have traded the following.

RGIII for Brockers, Jenkins, Pead, Rockevorious, and the redskins #1 picks in 2013 and 2014. When i think about it that way, i really like how it looks for us, even though i am a believer that RGIII will be an excellent qb. If our guys actually develop and we make the right picks in 2013 and 2014 (and i am really optimistic that the 2013 pick is going to be a really high pick) we will have taken huge steps to rebuild our team while the redskins will have gotten their guy (who effectively needs to be a combination of john elway and johnny unitas for this trade to work out for them)

Ramming speed to all

general counsel

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123