Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: One thing about some "fans" that i can't even fathom

FestusRam is offline Registered User

One thing about some "fans" that i can't even fathom

As bad as the Rams are and have been, I don't get when people say, "I'm definitely not watching this weeks game. They're probably going to lose".

Whaaattt....

As an avid fan of football and the Rams, I will NEVER understand this.

If we lost 45 straight games, I would be watching the 46th.

Why? Because, I love football and the Rams are my team. I get up every Sunday excited to watch the Rams no matter how they perform(of course I want a win).

I just don't get it. They play only 16 times a year and some "fans" skip games.

Any Given Sunday people!! We can beat any teams any week, ask the Saints.

Even if I knew they were going to lose, I'd still watch the game. Because, like I said, I love football and the Rams. I honestly hardly understand when fans quit watching when its turning into a blow out. I've watched every game down to the last minute and I always will.

I don't about anyone else, but in my book, don't call yourself a die hard fan and in the same sentence talk about skipping a hard matchup. If you want to use the excuse that we're bad, go watch the Patriots. They'll gladly take another bandwagon fan.
    Last edited by FestusRam; -11-29-2011 at 10:26 PM.

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

Re: One thing about some "fans" that i can't even fathom

It's simple really,,.

I don't want to subject myself to the pain and agony of watching bad football and watching the Rams lose to the Whiners. It's far too frustrating. I can go to the beach or the golf course and enjoy a day in the sun, or I can watch garbage football.

Not much of a contest really.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

Quote Originally Posted by RAMFANRAIDERHATER View Post
    It's simple really,,.

I don't want to subject myself to the pain and agony of watching bad football and watching the Rams lose to the Whiners. It's far too frustrating. I can go to the beach or the golf course and enjoy a day in the sun, or I can watch garbage football.

Not much of a contest really.
    You can spend your day doing whatever you'd like. IMO, a Rams fan would be watching the Rams.
    hawaiianpunch likes this.

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

Well my friend, sometimes it's as simple as life. Having one, that is.

Believe it or not, but there's more to life than the Rams, even if they are my team and have been since the days of Roman Gabriel.

I totally understand how a person could shut off his TV, if the Rams are getting blown out. Who wants to sit through torture if they have other options?

Good for you, if you can sit there at the expense of everything else in life. Sometimes I just simply choose not to. What's so hard to understand about that?

Contrary to your belief, it doesn't make you any more a fan than anyone else because you choose to endure a hopeless cause, rather than spending that time with family or friends or whatever you do in your leisure time.

I'm willing to bet you're a relatively new Ram fan, aren't you? Like since they moved to St. Louis huh?

If that's the case, let me just say, "stick around a while newbee", I'm sure there'll be days when you will understand why.
    Last edited by Fortuninerhater; -11-29-2011 at 10:59 PM.
    RockinRam and bradwill like this.

Fastcat is offline Registered User

I dont understand it either.... If your a die hard fan, a real fan will atleast watch it to the point you cant take it anymore. You only have 16 games to watch, and i wanna see all of them. Sometimes i have to turn the tv off out of frustration but i will atleast start off watching. Like the ravens game, turned it off before half time.

I wait all off season waiting for training camp. I read everything i can about the rams, i listen to every interview involving them also. When the game is on and im not around a tv i listen to it on the radio or my phone! GO RAMS

Quote Originally Posted by Fortuninerhater View Post
    Well my friend, sometimes it's as simple as life. Having one, that is.

Believe it or not, but there's more to life than the Rams, even if they are my team and have been since the days of Roman Gabriel.

I totally understand how a person could shut off his TV, if the Rams are getting blown out. Who wants to sit through torture if they have other options?

Good for you, if you can sit there at the expense of everything else in life. Sometimes I just simply choose not to. What's so hard to understand about that?

Contrary to your belief, it doesn't make you any more a fan than anyone else because you choose to endure a hopeless cause, rather than spending that time with family or friends or whatever you do in your leisure time.

I'm willing to bet you're a relatively new Ram fan, aren't you? Like since they moved to St. Louis huh?

If that's the case, let me just say, "stick around a while newbee", I'm sure there'll be days when you will understand why.
    Your a joke. So because I will take three hours out of my whole week to watch my favorite sports team, that means I have no life? If thats the case, millions of Americans need to get lives. Sundays are always my recovery/football days like many Americans. I'm sure yours a jammed with life fulfilling events.

Also, have you not ever watched the Rams game with your friends and family? Either way, like I said, its only 3 hours a week. If you have so many better things to do than watch a team you support, maybe you shouldn't support them in the first place.

Yes I'm a newer fan as I'm only 21. You can tell me "well i've been a fan for 45 years and they stink". Okay then like I said, watch the Pats. They will most likely win on any given sunday.
    Last edited by FestusRam; -11-29-2011 at 11:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fastcat View Post
    I dont understand it either.... If your a die hard fan, a real fan will atleast watch it to the point you cant take it anymore. You only have 16 games to watch, and i wanna see all of them. Sometimes i have to turn the tv off out of frustration but i will atleast start off watching. Like the ravens game, turned it off before half time.

I wait all off season waiting for training camp. I read everything i can about the rams, i listen to every interview involving them also. When the game is on and im not around a tv i listen to it on the radio or my phone! GO RAMS
    Exactly, and I'm not going to say you should never quit watching. Sometimes its to much. Lucky for you you could turn off the t.v. for the Ravens game. I unfortunately was at the game...lol

Thats what I'm saying though. To get hyped up in the offseason and preseason, then quit wwatching just doesnt make since to me. Thats just my opinion though.
    hawaiianpunch likes this.

NJ Ramsfan1 is online now Registered User

Sports are supposed to be enjoyable- a diversion from the daily grind of work, family obligations and personal responsibilities. And when you put your heart and soul as a fan into a team only to sit down and watch a terrible product week after week it ceases to become enjoyable. We're not talking about a three game losing streak or an occasional bad season, we're talking about systematic failure over the span of 8 consecutive years and beyond, save for 4 years of the GSOT. It takes its toll on even the most loyal, diehard fans.

It's interesting to see the comments from people like Dez, RAMFANRAIDERHATER, r8rh8rMike- all people with good reps who have been positive over the years- whose comments are now tinged with disgust. People are fed up, and I think it's only right that everyone be free to do as they please without being questioned.

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

i dont have a life I will watch garbage football and i will enjoy myself!

btw i think the Rams could beat the whiners!!! GO RAMS!!!
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

Chris58 is offline Registered User

It might be interesting to see if there is a correlation between a Clanrammer's age and experience as a Ram fan and the level of game day self-flagellation one is willing to put him/herself through. As for me, I have been a Rams fan for over 50 years. Twenty-five years ago I felt like FestusRam, but the older I get the more I realize that life's too short to drink bad wine and watch a lousy product for three hours each Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by NJ Ramsfan1 View Post
    People are fed up, and I think it's only right that everyone be free to do as they please without being questioned.
    Its a forum and I don't believe fans should free of questioning.

People can do what they please. This is just how I feel about it

macrammer is offline Registered User

You guys have it all wrong. Watching the Rams is very entertaining, week in and week out. you have mystery.......you know, how much will Rams lose by, who will commit the dumbest gaffe of the day.... you have comedy, well spmply put the play of the Rams this year is quite laughable,.....you have sadness..... in they tear at your heart strings all throughout the game only to let you down again. you have intrigue in that they may actually score a TD...so much entertainment all chalked into 3 hours. What a deal. Why not spend your day with the boys in Blue and gold and see what they are up to this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris58 View Post
    It might be interesting to see if there is a correlation between a Clanrammer's age and experience as a Ram fan and the level of game day self-flagellation one is willing to put him/herself through. As for me, I have been a Rams fan for over 50 years. Twenty-five years ago I felt like FestusRam, but the older I get the more I realize that life's too short to drink bad wine and watch a lousy product for three hours each Sunday.
    Any Given Sunday Brother!

Chris58 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by FestusRam View Post
    Any Given Sunday Brother!
    I only wish that referred to the chance of a Rams loss as opposed to a Rams win.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

I'll never stop watching. Never. I've been here since '94 and I will not miss a game for anything. I dont give a damn how bad we are. Every Sunday I know what I'm doing. Dont bother talking to me, or trying to distract me. Rams ball is Sunday. All other football I watch on Sunday as well.

I understand why some people stop watching. But thats just not an option for me. I'll never stop watching until the games done, and I'll watch every Sunday for the rest of my life.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast