sjacksonrules is offline Registered User

One thing we have..

One thing we have no other person in the division can say right now is a franchise quarterback. I have heard talks of Peyton manning going to the whiners, seahags, and the tards but not us. We have some good things going for us.

I can't wait till opening day it wil be exciting to see where Sam is in his development.

FestusRam is offline Registered User

Re: One thing we have..

Did you watch Alex Smith last year and in the playoffs?

With a solid coach who knows the quarterback position very well, he finally proved why they drafted him with their first pick.

Quote Originally Posted by FestusRam View Post
    Did you watch Alex Smith last year and in the playoffs?

With a solid coach who knows the quarterback position very well, he finally proved why they drafted him with their first pick.
    Wasn't impressed at all

QUINNtessentialTruth is offline Registered User

Yeah I think Alex Smith has improved a lot, but I think what we saw was his peak. Everyone has overrated him since the playoffs this year

I think that Saints game was a combo of flue + saints defense sucking + vernon davis killing the saints D. I still wouldn't take him as my franchise QB. I am sure the niners plan is still to find a new QB, or why would they just give him a 2 year 16 mill contract.

Ram Mar Ram is offline Registered User

In the Saints Game he was clutch, in the Giants game ... not so much. didnt he complete only 1 pass to a WR?, get 1 first down the entire game and that was in the 4th ? maybe thats not entirely correct but he was somewhere around that production. Defense was awesome and in the end, it was special teams that let them down, but he could have done a whole lot more so it didnt come down to special teams.

so that said, i hope they give him a whopper of a deal so he stays in the division.

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

Sam IS the franchise QB. But the definition of "franchise QB" is that he is identified as THE guy the team has wrapped up a lot of time and money into. It doesn't mean he is the guy that is going to lead the Rams to the promised land. Sam has yet to prove that he can. He showed us at times in his rookie season to believe he was going to be the guy. This year, not so much. Granted, there were circumstances working against him, but let's be honest, it did put the scare into many of us that maybe he isn't the guy. I think he can be that guy, and next year, with a full preseason and new coaching staff in place, he'll get his chance to prove that he IS the franchise QB we all hoped he would be when the Rams signed him. Then the Rams will have a leg-up on the other NFCW opponents still searching for their guy.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

Quote Originally Posted by RAMFANRAIDERHATER View Post
    Sam IS the franchise QB. But the definition of "franchise QB" is that he is identified as THE guy the team has wrapped up a lot of time and money into. It doesn't mean he is the guy that is going to lead the Rams to the promised land. Sam has yet to prove that he can. He showed us at times in his rookie season to believe he was going to be the guy. This year, not so much. Granted, there were circumstances working against him, but let's be honest, it did put the scare into many of us that maybe he isn't the guy. I think he can be that guy, and next year, with a full preseason and new coaching staff in place, he'll get his chance to prove that he IS the franchise QB we all hoped he would be when the Rams signed him. Then the Rams will have a leg-up on the other NFCW opponents still searching for their guy.
    I have full faith that Sam is the guy and will be for many years to come. Gotta remember that it isn't always the QB's fault for not getting a SB win, ie dan marino.

FestusRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by sjacksonrules View Post
    Wasn't impressed at all
    While his individual stats werent to impressive. He was the ultimate game manager. He didnt turn the ball over and made plays when it needed to happen. He is now a good qb whether you can see it or not.

I do still think that Bradford has a much higher ceiling, but to ignore that Alex Smith is the ***** QB of the future is naive.

Quote Originally Posted by FestusRam View Post
    While his individual stats werent to impressive. He was the ultimate game manager. He didnt turn the ball over and made plays when it needed to happen. He is now a good qb whether you can see it or not.

I do still think that Bradford has a much higher ceiling, but to ignore that Alex Smith is the ***** QB of the future is naive.
    After years of sub par play it will take more than a mediocre season to impress me. I feel as if they would of had a better qb they could of been to the superbowl this year.

All I know is I've heard from different people about possibilities of manning going to the whiners but no rumors of him to the rams.

Ram Dragoon is online now Registered User

Okkie lets keep this in perspective........TRENT one-and-done Dilfer made it and won (sic) a Superbowl. Its realitively easy a job as QB if your main responsibility is not to screw it up and let your defense carry you--which pretty much sums up San Frans success. Though to be fair Smith was twice the QB Dilfer ever was, which isn't saying a lot either. Anyone watch Tebow this pass season? Sure was worth the draft pick he got in Denver--their front office dancing around the question of keeping him on the team for fear of a public backlash.

Nevertheless, this season still proves the point--Football is a team sport. Good teams go far with or without high calibar talent--otherwise we would be seeing the Eagles "dream team" in this years Superbowl.