Rambos is offline Registered User

One way to upgrade our O-line

Someone help Alex Barron a coach, fan, someone...

With that field position and room to work with, right tackle Alex Barron was flagged for a pair of false start penalties that cost the Rams 10 yards. Instead of second-and-1 and plenty of possibilities, St. Louis had second-and-11
    Alex Barron, is there a way any way this guy canít stop with the false starts. He has all the upside in the world, but remains a drive killer with all his false starts. During the off-season is there a way to solve his problems? Is it mental, coaching or lack of confidence? Will this be a problem in his third year as a starter? Will this just go away?

With all the needs we are looking at during FA and the draft, what about the need to stop the false starts. Could you image if we got a DE that would produce as many sacks as Barron false starts.

Barron had 14 false start penalties, I believe someone correct me if I am wrong, that DE would make the pro bowl.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Re: One way to upgrade our O-line

maybe that's what the Quality Control coach is for. To coach Barron into making less false starts. I would be curious to see his figures at home vs away.

Country is offline Registered User

He is an above average starter at RT and the future at LT the false starts will go down with seasoning and confidence.

He might jump because he is nervous.

ramsplaya16 is offline Registered User

The coaches said that he felt he needed that extra step, but he doesn't, so basically its a lack of confidence
    Last edited by ramsplaya16; -03-05-2007 at 05:08 PM.
    Built RAM tough

Country is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ramsplaya16 View Post
    The coaches said that he felt he needed that extra step, but he doesn't, so basically its a lack of confidence
    I agree I play OL in Canada and the main reason people jump is because they are nervous and want an extra step. He needs to know that he is a better athlete and to trust himself.

This will come with time.

im_a_king_co07 is offline Registered User

Someone needs to tell him how good he is when he doesnt jump. lol jp. i do agree though. he just needs to realize that he is already super quick. he has the potential to be the best in the league if he could drop the false starts and just play.

Keenum is offline Registered User

You'll false start sometimes hoping to get that extra split second when you go up against a fast DE. Leonard Davis when he played for the Cardinals at LT racked up tons of false starts. Mainly because he is a bigger guy, and he would struggle against quicker DEs. I think if we can work on his footwork, it will build up the confidence.

Sometimes it is just brain-farts. You may mis-hear or even forget the snap count.