ramsanddodgers is offline Registered User

Only 2 division games down in the loss column....

....and only one loss each to the 2 teams we have lost to.

Lost by 1 point and 3 points, respectively. So if the team can shrug off adversity and get on a roll there is still hope to win the division. This, however will pretty much mean a very unlikely running of the table from this point out.:\

It will be virtually impossible to achieve a wild-card slot so the concentration must be on the division. The 2 teams we lost to in our division will no doubt suffer at least one if not two or more division losses.

We can end up with the best intradivision record but lose out because of a poorer interdivision record.

The team does not appear to have given up (yet) so we should not give up on them.:l

I realize it was "only" the Cardinals (and the refs?...lol) but the team did show some heart and as the walking wounded start coming back maybe we can still give it a go.

Chances may be slim and none for a play-off slot but respectability can still be attained!:l

RnD

GO RAMS!!

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Re: Only 2 division games down in the loss column....

Quote Originally Posted by ramsanddodgers View Post
    ....and only one loss each to the 2 teams we have lost to.

Lost by 1 point and 3 points, respectively. So if the team can shrug off adversity and get on a roll there is still hope to win the division. This, however will pretty much mean a very unlikely running of the table from this point out.:\

It will be virtually impossible to achieve a wild-card slot so the concentration must be on the division. The 2 teams we lost to in our division will no doubt suffer at least one if not two or more division losses.

We can end up with the best intradivision record but lose out because of a poorer interdivision record.

The team does not appear to have given up (yet) so we should not give up on them.:l

I realize it was "only" the Cardinals (and the refs?...lol) but the team did show some heart and as the walking wounded start coming back maybe we can still give it a go.

Chances may be slim and none for a play-off slot but respectability can still be attained!:l
    Good post. You're right, the wildcard isn't in the cards for us.

Winning the division is the only way this team sees the playoffs. Extremely tough task, but we will see what happens. :l
    BRUUUUUUUUCE

general counsel is offline Registered User

That is the single most optimistic post i have ever read. I certainly believe that your heart is in the right place. While mathmatically accurate, i think we have about as much chance of making the playoffs as world peace breaking out immediately. I admire your ability to see the glass half full.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

As much as I to admit it this early in the season, the best thing for this team is the number one pick in next year's draft.

I certainly agree with General, and I do admire your optimism, but realistically speaking I have seen nothing from the Rams since training camp that would make me believe they were headed for the playoffs.