Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    RamWraith is offline Registered User

Only the fans survive

I find it very ironic only the strong remain active in posting on the boards and continue fight until the very end. We call ourselves fans, but when push comes to shove many fans seem to find holes to crawl in and fail in every part of their own jobs as a "fan"atic. We criticize the players for not playing with heart, we bash the coach for not smiling, we persecute management for poor decisions, yet we fans can't seem to figure out what we are responsible for.

Is it time you take a look in the mirror? Are you with them or against them? Do you understand where the word "fan" comes from? When did you become a fan, better yet when did you stop?? When does a team needs it most support?

The way I see it, you can feed into all the negative press. Sign up for the next SLOP campaign, maybe you all can have a convention at the next Bash while the rest of us cheer on Linehan and the '08 Rams. You could not go see YOUR team play and sell your seats and soul to the enemy. OR you can stand up, be proud, and remember to display your colors every chance you get. Buy or keep the seats at the Dome and invite a friend and teach him/her what it means to support a team and to be a fan even when the chips are down. You could yell and cheer until you are horse on Monday, so everyone knows at work you care.

I am a Rams fan and proud of it. I will not ever exit this moving train. I am in this for the long haul. I understand there will be ups and downs to every season and expect that some years will be challenging. As a fan it is my responsibility to question judgments, swear when appropriate and even cry if need be. But as a fan I will never abandon, belittle or banter what I love most.

Where do you sit?? Are you waiting for the draft...or waiting for Sunday?

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Only the fans survive

C'mon SUNDAY!!!!!

Die-Hard I am!:r

dgr828 is offline Registered User

It's been a tough season, but despite the losing record for the Rams, every Sunday I'm pumped to follow this team. Every week is a challenge and this week's no different, Rams & Bengal in Cincinnati. How will the Rams fare in cold weather?
    Most definitly I can't wait for Sunday!
    GO RAMS!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

What cold weather?

Forecast is 65 degrees with slight chance of thunderstorms on Sunday ...

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

We're all trying to reach the same destination. We just advocate different paths to get there.

I doubt you would like it if I said: "Anyone who supports Linehan really isn't a true fan because they don't want to do everything possible to improve the team."

I respect that a true fan can support Linehan if he or she believes that retaining him maximizes the chance of success. You should respect that a true fan can also believe the opposite is true.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

I'm watching on Sunday but honestly not with the same fire I would have been watching with a playoff spot looming in the foreground.

I'm sort of watching the string with the same eye as preseason. Which players want to stay and play for the St. Louis Rams and which are just collecting a paycheck? What positions do the Rams really need to upgrade with a very high first and second round draft picks? Don't get me wrong, I want them to win but if the Rams lose it won't be as devasting.

MoonJoe is offline Ram MVP

Sunday man, it's always Sunday!

BrokenWing is offline Registered User

Sunday for the win.

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

good post, just a few comments, the one thing that is great about this site is that guys come on here and voice there opinion,the fact that they are willing to do this tells me that they are Rams fans,they don't care what everyone else thinks,such as there are many Linehan supporters and just as many that want to see him go away,because they say it and I respect each one of them for that opinion,doesn't make them less of a fan,I am sure that these guys are glued to there TV on Sunday to watch the game and I might add to the very end regardless of the score,everyone is very dissappointed with this season,just because you display some of that does not make you less of a fan,I have been a Rams fan since I was 5 years old and because I question a play call it does not make me less of a fan,in fact it shows I really care about whats going on,I have watched games with fans of other teams who take off a jersey half way through a game and yes I have had heated discussions with them about that.(giants fans),fans can show support and loyality in different ways and as long as you support the Rams in what ever fashion you want for 352 days a year(thats right no holidays off)your are a real fan in my book.
    Last edited by jkramsfan; -12-06-2007 at 12:22 PM.

Well, fact is, this is one of the better posts I've read in a long, long time. We don't have to agree with each other, we don't always have to get along, but anyone who is a fan wants what is best for this franchise ....

The "fans" I have the most problem with are the ones that think we should lose games or not try as hard, so that we can obtain better draft position. Anyone who roots for their team to lose is not a true fan, I don't care what you say ...

Everyone seems to have a differing opinion on this team. Me, for one, believes that bringing Linehan back is the best option unless we can absolutely get a truly high-profile coach. And when I talk about high-profile coach, I don't mean Marty Schottenheimer. Bill Cowher is about the only coach I would feel confident bringing in here who could win with this talent immediately. Bringing in any other coach would cause us to regress, in my opinion. Haslett has done wonders with our defense, and if he has another year to mold his talent, along with hopefully an improved offense if we have less injuries, I think we have a good team on our hands. There is definitely alot of talent here that just needs to be utilized properly ...

Props to RamWraith for starting this thread, and I sent off rep to you. I proudly, and I mean, PROUDLY, fly a Ram's flag at my house. Little to my knowledge, there is a house only two blocks down from me that is also flying a Ram's flag. For me, this flag flies if we are 12-0 or 3-9, or 0-12 for that matter. I am PROUD to be a Ram's fan, and always will. I live in Alabama by the way, so there are Ram's fans everywhere ...

I am coming to town for the Packer's game on the 16th and then sticking around for the Steeler's game on the 20th. If there is anybody else going, let me know, and maybe we can meet up somewhere!

I'm very excited about Sunday. I think this is a great chance to show that we are much improved.

Go Rams!

VegasRam is offline Ram MVP

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan View Post
    I'm watching on Sunday but honestly not with the same fire I would have been watching with a playoff spot looming in the foreground.

I'm sort of watching the string with the same eye as preseason. Which players want to stay and play for the St. Louis Rams and which are just collecting a paycheck? What positions do the Rams really need to upgrade with a very high first and second round draft picks? Don't get me wrong, I want them to win but if the Rams lose it won't be as devasting.
    TX - I'm kinda watching with the same thought in mind, waiting to see who'll take advantage of their opportunity, BUT...if you had to name five players who are "just playing for paychecks", who would they be? And this should not include players who are older, or just don't have the talent or experience (yet).

I honestly cannot name one.
    "the Heart Lies and the Head Plays Tricks with us, but the Eyes See True".

Quote Originally Posted by VegasRam View Post
    TX - I'm kinda watching with the same thought in mind, waiting to see who'll take advantage of their opportunity, BUT...if you had to name five players who are "just playing for paychecks", who would they be? And this should not include players who are older, or just don't have the talent or experience (yet).

I honestly cannot name one.
    Good point ...

If you cannot name players who you honestly think are playing just for paychecks, why should you have any less fire about watching the game?

Now that's an interesting question ...

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsInfiniti View Post
    Good point ...

If you cannot name players who you honestly think are playing just for paychecks, why should you have any less fire about watching the game?

Now that's an interesting question ...
    Infiniti, one has nothing to do with the other. No, as of right now, I don't see anyone just playing for a paycheck. However, that also doesn't make me watch the game with more intensity due to the fact the Rams are 3-9 and way out of the playoff picture.

I watch the Rams because they are my favorite team. However, am I jumping up and down thinking that this touchdown could win the game and send us to the playoffs? No. If anything, it's ruining or draft selection. I don't like to lose, but I don't get depressed after starting out 0-8 and only beating teams like the Saints, whiners, and Falcons doesn't give me a warm fuzzy either.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by RamsInfiniti View Post
    Well, fact is, this is one of the better posts I've read in a long, long time. We don't have to agree with each other, we don't always have to get along, but anyone who is a fan wants what is best for this franchise ....
    But that's NOT what Jason wrote. What he wrote was:

Quote Originally Posted by RamWraith
    The way I see it, you can feed into all the negative press. Sign up for the next SLOP campaign, maybe you all can have a convention at the next Bash while the rest of us cheer on Linehan and the '08 Rams. You could not go see YOUR team play and sell your seats and soul to the enemy. OR you can stand up, be proud, and remember to display your colors every chance you get. Buy or keep the seats at the Dome and invite a friend and teach him/her what it means to support a team and to be a fan even when the chips are down. You could yell and cheer until you are horse on Monday, so everyone knows at work you care.
    So Jason is suggesting that, if you criticize then you are somehow not being a good fan. That's nonsense. I cheer as hard as anyone on Sunday, but if I think something is wrong with the team I'll say so. There's no contradiction there at all.

The "fans" I have the most problem with are the ones that think we should lose games or not try as hard, so that we can obtain better draft position. Anyone who roots for their team to lose is not a true fan, I don't care what you say ...
    I don't see anyone who has indicated that he or she thinks that way, or if there are fans who are thinking that, they are a small minority.

Sorry, but this thread smacks of "if you disagree with me, you're not really a fan."

bruce4life is offline Registered User

I Dont Know If Its Just Me But Once Friday Rolls Around I Get Those Jitters In My Stomach Representing That Sunday Is Alomst Here And I Get To Watch My Man's Soap Opera For The Best 3 Hours Of The Week

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast