Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Only a matter of time...

THOLTFAN81 is offline Registered User

Only a matter of time...

Gruden posed this during MNF tonight, and it is something that must be seriously considered.

He suggested that if he came to the Rams he would trade Bradford, and draft RGIII. In this scenario, the Rams trade Bradford to Cleveland for there two first round picks this year, and a 2 next year.

We Draft RGIII, and have two other first rd picks to build depth, as well as an extra two next year.

So, the question is...would you accept the Rams trading Bradford and drafting RGIII?

I got to be honest, if it lures Gruden in...something I would consider.

Weigh in.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Re: Only a matter of time...

I've been high on Griffin before anyone even knew of him. This kid is special. If I had to choose, I'd take RG3 over Bradford any day of the week. Will this trade scenario happen? I highly, highly doubt it. If we could pull it off? I'd do it. Take RG3, and we get 2 extra picks to improve other places and were set.

RockinRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by THOLTFAN81 View Post
    Gruden posed this during MNF tonight, and it is something that must be seriously considered.

He suggested that if he came to the Rams he would trade Bradford, and draft RGIII. In this scenario, the Rams trade Bradford to Cleveland for there two first round picks this year, and a 2 next year.

We Draft RGIII, and have two other first rd picks to build depth, as well as an extra two next year.

So, the question is...would you accept the Rams trading Bradford and drafting RGIII?

Weigh in.

If it's 2 first round picks this year, and one next year...

It's enticing.

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    I've been high on Griffin before anyone even knew of him. This kid is special. If I had to choose, I'd take RG3 over Bradford any day of the week. Will this trade scenario happen? I highly, highly doubt it. If we could pull it off? I'd do it. Take RG3, and we get 2 extra picks to improve other places and were set.
    Don't pull that bragging card bud. I live 30 minutes from where he goes to college. I have friends that go to Baylor. I've seen him play multiple times before this year. Let's not get a big head.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Nonsense.

Without an O line and WRs who can separate, a hybrid of Aaron Rogers, Peyton Manning, Steve Young and Dan Marino wouldn't succeed.

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Nonsense.

Without an O line and WRs who can separate, a hybrid of Aaron Rogers, Peyton Manning, Steve Young and Dan Marino wouldn't succeed.
    If we had Rodgers straight up tonight, he hits those receivers who are barely open right on the money. Plus, the o-line was not that bad tonight.

MelloStang is offline Registered User

I wouldn't get to high about it , no matter who you have in there right now they aren't going to produce well they haven't got the best protection and the recievers that are healthy are making some bad plays, did you watch some of the plays this evening? awful, im spoiled living close to Foxboro and seeing the way it should be done and that is why i get so damn frustrated watching the Rams do dumb plays and dumb mistakes over and over again, you need a new head coach a new offensive coordinator and some recievers but without that Bradford is not going to given the chance to show what he did his rookie year. Fire the HC and Fire McDaniels, he did nothing in Denver and in Foxboro he did what he was told, it is why since he left the Pats he has done nothing.
    THOLTFAN81 likes this.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RockinRam View Post
    Don't pull that bragging card bud. I live 30 minutes from where he goes to college. I have friends that go to Baylor. I've seen him play multiple times before this year. Let's not get a big head.
    What does where you live have to do with me? Frankly, I dont give a damn where you live or where your friends go to school. Suddenly 3 days after RG3 wins the heisman everyone starts talking about the guy and how hes the next big thing (not you). Im not saying you didn't know of him, because I dont know you. I know what I know and thats RG3's skillset is something you dont see every year.

Even if I had the #1 pick, I'd go with RG3 over Luck.

FestusRam is offline Registered User

This actually isnt what he said at all. He said he would evaluate Bradford then look at the potential coming out of the draft. THEN he pointed out how he was high on RG3
    Rambos and Jockelite like this.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by RockinRam View Post
    If we had Rodgers straight up tonight, he hits those receivers who are barely open right on the money. Plus, the o-line was not that bad tonight.
    What game were you watching?
    THOLTFAN81 and MelloStang like this.

BTW I am by no means advocating this, just giving a point for discussion for Rams fan. I am a big Bradford supporter and will continue to be.

Is tomorrow D-Day for Spags?

svh01 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by THOLTFAN81 View Post

Weigh in.
    This is why I wouldn't want gruden as a coach. Instead of developing a young QB, he's too busy looking for the next big thing. QB's are projects to him. He never stuck with a QB in Tampa, no matter how successful they were.
    Tampa_Ram and Bing69 like this.

Rambos is offline Registered User

This actually isnt what he said at all. He said he would evaluate Bradford then look at the potential coming out of the draft. THEN he pointed out how he was high on RG3
    Yeah he he did not say that LOL... He said the first thing he would do is sit down with him.. I'm sure after that meeting he would be sold!

Jaws was saying your nuts, Bradford has NO HELP and he was the offensive rookie of the year!

It was interesting nonetheless to hear Gruden talking about "If I came to St. Louis. Maybe means the thought is atleast crossing his mind. Fire Spags now Stan so you can get a jump. John Clayton was just saying on ESPN the coaching pool is thin so teams are firing coaches early to get a jump on the rest. No benefit in keeping Spags. Lets not fall behind Stan.
    jkramsfan likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast