Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Only a matter of time...

MelloStang is offline Registered User

Re: Only a matter of time...

I think Jaws was the one that was dead set against letting Bradford go Gruden said he would evaluate him first either way I think until you give Bradford some receivers and protection you wont get any QB to look good in this system. So many things are wrong with the offense its sad really, I think the Colts would take them right now.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by MelloStang View Post
    I think Jaws was the one that was dead set against letting Bradford go Gruden said he would evaluate him first either way I think until you give Bradford some receivers and protection you wont get any QB to look good in this system. So many things are wrong with the offense its sad really, I think the Colts would take them right now.
    You could tell Jaws was pissed when Gruden even mentioned getting rid of Bradford. With a good line and another WR I feel like Bradford can be solid, but RG3 is truly special.
    lostsoul likes this.

md8
    md8 is offline Registered User

I don't follow college, I just read up and watch highlights when I'm getting excited about the draft. But if he's supposed to be a top QB, and we can really get 3 1sts from Clev, I think I might do this.

I'm a big Bradford fan even though he hasn't looked right this year. But we need so much help on this team I might take that chance. I mean it's not like we can be any worse on offense. Also we'd clear Bradfords huge salary for the new rookie salary, so hopefully we could use that money to sign a good FA. That would really make it like , 3 1st and whoever we sign for Bradford.

Rambos is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RockinRam View Post
    If we had Rodgers straight up tonight, he hits those receivers who are barely open right on the money. Plus, the o-line was not that bad tonight.
    And then they would drop the ball like DX did in the end zone and Lloyd did on the sideline and Pettis did on a back shoulder throw... and DX reaching back in the end zone and reaching for a ball that was not intended for him. Aaron could stop the pre-snap false start on third and one by DX... these guys make too many mistakes to be a good team.

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    And then they would drop the ball like DX did in the end zone and Lloyd did on the sideline and Pettis did on a back shoulder throw... and DX reaching back in the end zone and reaching for a ball that was not intended for him. Aaron could stop the pre-snap false start on third and one by DX... these guys make too many mistakes to be a good team.
    you are too right on this that team was terribly coached noone was doing what they needed to do ndividually let alone as a team to make a drive work let alone make a team work.

RockinRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    What game were you watching?
    Oh hmm, I must have been watching the OTHER Monday Night Football Game.

Now that we have the silly sarcasm taken care of, have you noticed Bradford's accuracy tonight, and every other game?

His accuracy is piss poor this season. Sure receivers have dropped balls, but when you can't hit a receiver going deep in stride, causing him to stop and try to win a jump ball against a 6'4 corner, there's obviously something wrong.

Now, you might say that the poor throws was because of his ankle tonight. Fine, but how do you explain the other throws this season?

What makes Rodgers great is that he sees a tiny seam, and he puts it on the money. He knows where to put the ball, and he has the confidence to do it. Even if the receivers have less than half a step, Rodgers can hit them.

So yes, if we had Rodgers in tonight, he would have made plays. Because that is what a great QB does.
    Last edited by RockinRam; -12-13-2011 at 03:00 AM.
    RAMarkable and NJ Ramsfan1 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    What does where you live have to do with me? Frankly, I dont give a damn where you live or where your friends go to school. Suddenly 3 days after RG3 wins the heisman everyone starts talking about the guy and how hes the next big thing (not you). Im not saying you didn't know of him, because I dont know you. I know what I know and thats RG3's skillset is something you dont see every year.

Even if I had the #1 pick, I'd go with RG3 over Luck.
    Because frankly, you recently have loved to brag about your "knack" for knowing and predicting $h!t before anyone else on this forum.

Really, you're going to state that you knew Griffin was good before any of us "regular people" did? Laughable.

And I am stating where I live and who I know because honestly, when people say crud like that, I love to tear them down.

Do you want praise or something? Oh good job sosa, you have correctly identified an up and coming talented QB who no one has ever heard of because he plays in a small college in a village no one has ever heard of.

I believe you're still in high school, so honestly I could care less what you give a damn about frankly. Besides, I can't take you seriously with your little condescending tone anyways.

"I've been high on Griffin before anyone even knew of him."

Please.
    Systemlangstaff likes this.

lostsoul is offline Registered User

I wouldn't mind that scenario at all.
    Pick 2 RG3
    Pick 10 (Browns) Jonathan Martin, OT, Stanford

pick 18 (Browns) Peter Konz, C, Wisconsinresign Lloyd and then pick up Stevie Johnson or Robert Meachem in FA then we have an Offense that can actually score, and an Oline that can block.

Quote Originally Posted by lostsoul View Post
    I wouldn't mind that scenario at all.
    Pick 2 RG3
    Pick 10 (Browns) Jonathan Martin, OT, Stanford

pick 18 (Browns) Peter Konz, C, Wisconsinresign Lloyd and then pick up Stevie Johnson or Robert Meachem in FA then we have an Offense that can actually score, and an Oline that can block.
    I'm a huge fan of Konz, but at 18, it just seems kind of a reach.... don't get me wrong, the kid is a great center. I feel like we could get a solid guy in a playmaker position though.

What if you draft RG3 and then let him and Bradford play for the position loser getting traded, it's not like the first pick helps them the way they play now so why not give it a shot.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

[QUOTE=RockinRam;407974]Oh hmm, I must have been watching the OTHER Monday Night Football Game.

Now that we have the silly sarcasm taken care of, have you noticed Bradford's accuracy tonight, and every other game?
    If you don't get that a QB who has an ankle injury and can't follow through on his throws is going to have accuracy problems, there's nothing I can do to help you.

What makes Rodgers great is that he sees a tiny seam, and he puts it on the money. He knows where to put the ball, and he has the confidence to do it. Even if the receivers have less than half a step, Rodgers can hit them.
    Again, what games have you been watching? Yes, Rodgers (who is, right now, the best in the game) makes some throws into tight spaces but, more often than not, his receivers are getting open by 5 yards or more.

The Bradford basher crowd is, I guess, inevitable. Doesn't make your analysis any less ignorant. I'm going to say this one more time, then I'm done with this discussion:

NO QB CAN THRIVE WITHOUT PROTECTION FROM THE O LINE AND SEPARATION FROM THE RECEIVING CORPS. THERE ARE NO EXCEPTIONS TO THIS RULE.

Truth is offline Registered User

If we had Rodgers straight up tonight, he hits those receivers who are barely open right on the money. Plus, the o-line was not that bad tonight.
    Yes, Rogers would hit the open men. However, our O-line was absolutely HORRIBLE. They couldn't block a stiff breeze on a consistent basis.
    That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!!

Varg6 is offline Registered User

AV, I'm curious, are you concerned about Bradford at all? I honestly get both sides of the argument but it's hard to dismiss his poor play (and I'm referring to this season as a whole).
    laram0 and NJ Ramsfan1 like this.

Truth is offline Registered User

[QUOTE=AvengerRam;408027]

If you don't get that a QB who has an ankle injury and can't follow through on his throws is going to have accuracy problems, there's nothing I can do to help you.

Again, what games have you been watching? Yes, Rodgers (who is, right now, the best in the game) makes some throws into tight spaces but, more often than not, his receivers are getting open by 5 yards or more.

The Bradford basher crowd is, I guess, inevitable. Doesn't make your analysis any less ignorant. I'm going to say this one more time, then I'm done with this discussion:

NO QB CAN THRIVE WITHOUT PROTECTION FROM THE O LINE AND SEPARATION FROM THE RECEIVING CORPS. THERE ARE NO EXCEPTIONS TO THIS RULE.
    You're absolutely right about the ankle injury and accuracy. Which really begs the question, "Why are you playing your obviously injurred, barely mobile, very expensive, franchise QB behind the worst O-line in the NFL, in a meaningless game?" Ok, give him the start. But after that first series, with the hits he took, get him out of there. The only thing we did by playing Bradford was risk further injury. He looked awful, and was definately out of sync.

As for Rogers, his receivers are NOT always open by 5 or more yards. Do they get seperation more often than Rams receivers? Absolutely. But Rogers (as well as Brady, P. Manning, and Brees) can get the ball to a receiver that is pretty tightly covered. For whatever reason, Bradford hsa been having trouble hitting open receivers this season even whjen they finally do get seperation. And, he throws the worst fade I have ever seen. Fixable issues? I think so. A full off-season will be very helpful (and telling).

And again, you're right. A QB MUST get protection from his O-line. It's pointless to draft a receiver #1, without first fixing the o-line.
    That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!!

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

[QUOTE=AvengerRam;408027]

AV- Seattle is missing its two starting offensive tackles plus another interior lineman. They also have a weak wide receiving corps and a feature back. In other words, they pretty much mirror the Rams in many respects. Yet Tavaris Jackson (a lousy QB, in my opinion), found a way to hit receivers and get the job done. And they've found a way to win a few ball games along the way despite the losses. The Giants have more guys on injured reserve than the Rams and they're winning their division. We continue to middle along- with people making excuses for why we can't win.

You are serving as a Bradford apologist if you suggest all of his ills are the result of poor teammates on the line and at the receiver position. I am not suggesting there are not big issues at both spots, but that does not excuse poorly thrown balls, missed reads, locking onto one receiver, not getting rid of the football in the face of pressure and the litany of other mistakes Bradford makes all by himself. Every team in this division- all of whom were considered terrible- have made major strides this year. SF is winning with a 1st round Bust QB. John Skelton (JOHN FREAKIN' SKELTON) is 5-1 as a starter. Seattle is 6-7. And here we are with a franchise QB, a boy wonder O-Coordinator, a hall-of-fame back, a stout, if undermanned defense with Laurinaitis and Long and 8 years worth of high draft selections unable to gain a yard on 1st and goal. Pathetic. I want Bradford here and think he is a winning player. But he deserves blame like everyone else. Ben Roethlisberger has a HORRENDOUS offensive line, yet he produces.

And I don't want to hear about his ankle. He was deemed well enough to play. If you're out there, it's accepted you're well enough to produce. If not, you be honest with yourself and with your coaches and you let someone else man the ship for the night. Don't tell me "his throws were off the mark because his ankle was hurt". Boo hoo.
    Last edited by NJ Ramsfan1; -12-13-2011 at 11:57 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast