Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Only a matter of time...

Rambos is offline Registered User

Re: Only a matter of time...

Now that we have the silly sarcasm taken care of, have you noticed Bradford's accuracy tonight, and every other game?
    During the game they actually showed in slow-motion Bradford can't transfer his weight. Gruden pointed it out that he can't push off and this is why he can't delver the ball. How can you not take that not account when watching the the game. You act like this is how he would play if he was not hurt. What most fans should be seeing as pointed out by Jaws that Bradford is winning the respect of his teammate playing and taken the beating with his teammates. It was last year when Cutler did not try to go and the fans ripped him for not trying. Bradford's playing on a bad wheel and you are saying he's not accurate. If he was healthy I would be right with you but he's not.

If anything you should be questioning why he's playing and why we don't have a QB that can play better then hobbled Bradford on this roster... oh yeah we cut him too...
    Last edited by Rambos; -12-13-2011 at 12:13 PM.
    laram0 likes this.

MelloStang is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    During the game they actually showed in slow-motion Bradford can't transfer his weight. Gruden pointed it out that he can't push off and this is why he can't delver the ball. How can you not take that not account when watching the the game. You act like this is how he would play if he was not hurt. What most fans should be seeing as pointed out by Jaws that Bradford is winning the respect of his teammate playing and taken the beating with his teammates. It was last year when Cutler did not try to go and the fans ripped him for not trying. Bradford's playing on a bad wheel and you are saying he's not accurate. If he was healthy I would be right with you but he's not.

If anything you should be questioning why he's playing and why we don't have a QB that can play better then hobbled Bradford on this roster... oh yeah we cut him too...
    maybe so but if you watch the game last year against the seahawks winner moves to the playoffs loser watches on the couch, he had the same issues passing. good wheel or bad wheel, hitting a reciever in the feet or overthrowing him has not changed, im not sure if hes pressing to hard or having trouble seeing the field but between his inaccuracy and his ability to just walk off the field and sit down I question his leadership in tough situations, the entire team looks beat and deflated and hes at the helm f the offense, he has to take some of the criticism , if he was on a 12 and 1 team hed take all the praise.

BarronWade is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by THOLTFAN81 View Post
    Is tomorrow D-Day for Spags?
    I certainly hope D-day is today...since we are already destined to lose the last 3 games why not fire Spags and let McD coach out the rest of the games we got nothing to lose except games that spags would already lose for us

punahou is offline Registered User

I seem to rememeber many of us here complaining about the offense last year too. Poor red zone production, poor mid to long passing game all come to mind about last year; and it's the same this year with a different O coordinator. So what variables come to mind that equates to this?

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by punahou View Post
    I seem to rememeber many of us here complaining about the offense last year too. Poor red zone production, poor mid to long passing game all come to mind about last year; and it's the same this year with a different O coordinator. So what variables come to mind that equates to this?
    Suddenly last years' offense looks like a high-flying affair compared to this train wreck.
    Truth likes this.

RockinRam is offline Registered User

[QUOTE=AvengerRam;408027]
    Quote Originally Posted by RockinRam View Post
    Oh hmm, I must have been watching the OTHER Monday Night Football Game.

If you don't get that a QB who has an ankle injury and can't follow through on his throws is going to have accuracy problems, there's nothing I can do to help you.

Again, what games have you been watching? Yes, Rodgers (who is, right now, the best in the game) makes some throws into tight spaces but, more often than not, his receivers are getting open by 5 yards or more.

The Bradford basher crowd is, I guess, inevitable. Doesn't make your analysis any less ignorant. I'm going to say this one more time, then I'm done with this discussion:

NO QB CAN THRIVE WITHOUT PROTECTION FROM THE O LINE AND SEPARATION FROM THE RECEIVING CORPS. THERE ARE NO EXCEPTIONS TO THIS RULE.

First of all, your statement "I am done with this discussion" is a childish attempt for trying to get yourself out of an argument that you may end up losing.

1) I can't believe how narrow-minded some delusional Bradford supporters are. It's like y'all have an image of Bradford as a saint imprinted into your brain, and will make up any faulty reason, excuse to make yourself believe that you are right, and that Bradford was "all that you hoped for".

2) Bradford basher? You must be insane. I was one of the top supporters of choosing Bradford over Suh and Clausen on this forum. I got $h!t for it, but guess what? I still wear my Bradford jersey every game-day.

So let's not make stupid generalizations when you have no idea of the situation. Pointing out Bradford's weaknesses does not make me a "basher". It makes me a realist because I see his faults.

So either you see it and don't want to believe it, which then I can no longer help you, or you are pulling your best impression of Helen Keller on game-days.

Who's the ignorant one now? All signs point to someone whose name rhymes with AshmengerRam.

3) Again, your rhetorical question is just getting ridiculous. Oh sorry, I must be watching water polo. Oh sorrry for the confusion!

Laughable.

I've seen Rodgers play. I've seen games in which his receivers have dropped everything. I've seen him play when his offensive line has broke down. Guess what Mr. High and Mighty? They are still undefeated.

If you are going to downplay Aaron Rodger's skills and talent, then I feel sorry for you because you do not understand how the QB position works.

I also know you hate Tebow. So what is it? You hate on players that are much more successful than our player?

4) Time for the analysis, and for people who will read this and not childly scurry away when the argument gets to the point where they might lose so they make up a reason to ignore it:

Bradford is a player with a ton of question marks. I was/am a huge supporter of him, but I also see him without any dollar-store rose-lens glasses.

People right this instant are blaming his production last night on the ankle injury. That's fine, he shouldn't have been out there. But guess what? Other QBs come in after they injure an ankle injury, and WILL their DAMN TEAM to victory. Their physical state might have been bad, they might have hobbled, BUT THEY DAMN WELL LEAD THEIR TEAM TO VICTORY.

I'm sorry for people who have never played a team sport because this will be harder for you to understand, but when your leader comes back in with an injury, stays vocal and stays in the game, YOU PLAY for the man.

Bradford is NOT being vocal, he is NOT commanding the team, and his presence out there is SHODDY.

Now let's talk about his technical attributes. First off, he has been throwing craptastic deep balls since the beginning of his NFL career. When you cannot hit your receiver in stride, your deep ball automatically gets questioned.

His inability to stop ball swats and jumped balls. He's staring down one receiver. He's not even going throw his progressions. Steven Jackson will be open many times 7 yards down the field wide open for a check-down, and instead Bradford forces a deep ball to a receiver that is tightly covered. He has not looked off defenders, and he hasn't shown me ANYTHING that is worth deeming him a successful, high-leveled NFL QB yet.

His mobility, or lack of. When other QBs feel the pocket collapsing and there is a defender in his face, they try to elude him. Even young rookie QBs this year have done that. Bradford on the other hand, plays his best impression of a statue and stands there and folds. He cowers away. That is something I hate to see. HATE.

Where is the leadership? Bradford has not shown me any. To be a great QB, you have to be a leader on a team filled with men. Especially when your team is down in the rat holes of the NFL, someone has to step up and be that leader who rises everyone else's play and morale around them. Bradford? Haven't seen it. Where's the vocalness? Where is the emotion, the excitement? He is lackluster out there, almost like he doesn't want to be on the field.

But wait a minute. I've said that before, and people have replied well, would you be excited in his situation?

DAMN WELL I'LL BE EXCITED IF I WAS IN HIS POSITION. Look what his position is. He's a 50 million dollar QB with a job that most people play for a hobby. While other people have much more strenuous jobs working for a MUCH smaller paycheck, he's playing FOOTBALL on a team where he has AMPLE ability to showcase his preseverance and leadership and commanding presence and will to succeed.

The opportunity is THERE for Bradford. His o-line is suspect, but it's not suspect EVERY SINGLE G-DAMN snap. His receivers are bad, BUT THEY ARE NOT DROPPING BALLS AND GETTING TIGHTLY SHUT DOWN EVERY G-DAMN play.

When an opportunity arises for Bradford, he doesn't take advantage of it. And frankly, a great QB will take those opportunities. Bradford so far, has not...

People can make all the excuses in the world for Bradford.

Coaching change? Over 20+ teams have made coaching changes far more drastic than ours. I've already killed this argument in one of my threads.

Short off-season? I guess I didn't get the memo where every other team had secret practices EXCEPT us during the lockout? Oh wait, BECAUSE THAT $h!T doesn't happen. Every other team had to deal with the lock-out and short off-season.

Bad o-line? Give me a break. Our offensive line is bad, but it's not bad every single play. Other teams in the NFL have shoddy o-lines. For example, Tebow. Nuff said. It is not anyone's fault but Bradford's when he decides to not step into a well-developed pocket, which lets the defensive ends turn the corner and bust his ass.

Bad receivers? Our receivers are mediocre for the exception of Lloyd. And for people who do not want to sign him, and want to draft Blackmon instead, well let me put it this way for you. Blackmon will get shut-down from double/triple coverage just like Lloyd, and our receivers and coaching staff and QB have no clue how to take advantage of that.

Our receivers are not great, but a great QB knows how to put the ball where only the receiver can get it. Bradford was deemed with eagle eye-like accuracy when he came out of college. I have not seen that this year. He displayed a few flashes last year.

Hard offensive scheme to learn? Bradford is supposedly a very smart kid. I do not believe that he STILL hasn't gotten the grasp of the offense yet. People are crying because we just changed an offensive scheme...Hello? This is his only second year of the NFL. The change is not that drastic. This isn't his 6th change in 6 years. That's Alex Smith. Oh wait, Smith is what, 9-3 now? Let's say he hasn't learned the whole scheme yet. What I don't get is how he doesn't get it enough to produce even mediocre production on the field? I'm sorry, but Bradford is a smart guy. He's not Vince Young.

I am a Bradford fan. To whoever wants to question that, well, the only thing I can say to that is to eff off. To whoever wants to still blindly follow Bradford and make massive amounts of attempts to make themselves to blindly believe in Bradford, well, I hope you start living true to yourself sooner or later.

And to whoever wants to refute my argument, I dare you. I welcome you. I'll be here all night. I enjoy a good debate. Even if things get heated and I offend you, don't take it personally. I do not mean it. I love everyone. However, I will not waste my time arguing with people who worship Bradford to an extent that they cannot and will not accept any of his faults.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Aaron Rodgers seems to get brought up quite a bit in discussions about Sam Bradford. I'm not sure why that is, but to me, what's interesting about Aaron Rodgers as it relates to Bradford is that Rodgers's receivers are actually dropping a larger percentage of his pass attempts than Bradford's are his. According to Stats Inc, 5.7% of Rodgers's pass attempts have been dropped this year while 5.0% of Bradford's have been. And yet Rodgers is on his way to finishing sixth all time in completion percentage this season, while Bradford is at 53.5%.

I agree that drops are one of the problems with this offense, but it's no longer the go-to automatic excuse it used to be last year. The Rams currently rank fifth in the league in dropped passes with 26. For comparison's sake, San Francisco also has 26 drops this season, and Alex Smith has 7% of his attempts dropped. Yet Smith is completing over 61% of his passes and the ***** are one of the best teams in the NFC in terms of wins. And for what it's worth, Alex Smith also has a worse sack % than Bradford does. Just some food for thought.

Now, getting back to the original topic, while I am to some degree concerned regarding what I've seen from Bradford this season, I really don't see much logic in drafting a quarterback high in this class. This team has far too many needs to use a high first round pick on a position where they already have a young player who has the skills to develop into a very good professional.

I think Gruden's point was, as others have said, you'd have to evaluate Bradford as you do every player after the season and then compare what you have to what you could have. But I would not be in favor of a coach coming in here and moving Bradford only to replace him with another rookie. Those resources, IMO, would be better spent improving the team around the current quarterback.
    laram0, Truth, Fat Pang and 4 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Aaron Rodgers seems to get brought up quite a bit in discussions about Sam Bradford. I'm not sure why that is, but to me, what's interesting about Aaron Rodgers as it relates to Bradford is that Rodgers's receivers are actually dropping a larger percentage of his pass attempts than Bradford's are his. According to Stats Inc, 5.7% of Rodgers's pass attempts have been dropped this year while 5.0% of Bradford's have been. And yet Rodgers is on his way to finishing sixth all time in completion percentage this season, while Bradford is at 53.5%.

I agree that drops are one of the problems with this offense, but it's no longer the go-to automatic excuse it used to be last year. The Rams currently rank fifth in the league in dropped passes with 26. For comparison's sake, San Francisco also has 26 drops this season, and Alex Smith has 7% of his attempts dropped. Yet Smith is completing over 61% of his passes and the ***** are one of the best teams in the NFC in terms of wins. And for what it's worth, Alex Smith also has a worse sack % than Bradford does. Just some food for thought.

Now, getting back to the original topic, while I am to some degree concerned regarding what I've seen from Bradford this season, I really don't see much logic in drafting a quarterback high in this class. This team has far too many needs to use a high first round pick on a position where they already have a young player who has the skills to develop into a very good professional.

I think Gruden's point was, as others have said, you'd have to evaluate Bradford as you do every player after the season and then compare what you have to what you could have. But I would not be in favor of a coach coming in here and moving Bradford only to replace him with another rookie. Those resources, IMO, would be better spent improving the team around the current quarterback.
    Agreed. Most people fail to realize that Rodger's receivers and have been dropping many balls, yet he still completes more passes, and more importantly, wins games.

I too don't think we should draft another QB, but if a new coach comes in, we really don't know what he might do, so we can't rule it out. I honestly believe that you shouldn't draft two 1st round QBs in such a short span of time unless the 1st QB was a total bust, or if the 2nd QB is the second coming of John Elway. Since none of the above are true, we would be more benefited with surrounding Bradford with more tools to succeed, because oh Lord he's not succeeding right now.
    Fettmaster likes this.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

[QUOTE=RockinRam;408128]
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post

First of all, your statement "I am done with this discussion" is a childish attempt for trying to get yourself out of an argument that you may end up losing.

1) I can't believe how narrow-minded some delusional Bradford supporters are. It's like y'all have an image of Bradford as a saint imprinted into your brain, and will make up any faulty reason, excuse to make yourself believe that you are right, and that Bradford was "all that you hoped for".

2) Bradford basher? You must be insane. I was one of the top supporters of choosing Bradford over Suh and Clausen on this forum. I got $h!t for it, but guess what? I still wear my Bradford jersey every game-day.

So let's not make stupid generalizations when you have no idea of the situation. Pointing out Bradford's weaknesses does not make me a "basher". It makes me a realist because I see his faults.

So either you see it and don't want to believe it, which then I can no longer help you, or you are pulling your best impression of Helen Keller on game-days.

Who's the ignorant one now? All signs point to someone whose name rhymes with AshmengerRam.

3) Again, your rhetorical question is just getting ridiculous. Oh sorry, I must be watching water polo. Oh sorrry for the confusion!

Laughable.

I've seen Rodgers play. I've seen games in which his receivers have dropped everything. I've seen him play when his offensive line has broke down. Guess what Mr. High and Mighty? They are still undefeated.

If you are going to downplay Aaron Rodger's skills and talent, then I feel sorry for you because you do not understand how the QB position works.

I also know you hate Tebow. So what is it? You hate on players that are much more successful than our player?

4) Time for the analysis, and for people who will read this and not childly scurry away when the argument gets to the point where they might lose so they make up a reason to ignore it:

Bradford is a player with a ton of question marks. I was/am a huge supporter of him, but I also see him without any dollar-store rose-lens glasses.

People right this instant are blaming his production last night on the ankle injury. That's fine, he shouldn't have been out there. But guess what? Other QBs come in after they injure an ankle injury, and WILL their DAMN TEAM to victory. Their physical state might have been bad, they might have hobbled, BUT THEY DAMN WELL LEAD THEIR TEAM TO VICTORY.

I'm sorry for people who have never played a team sport because this will be harder for you to understand, but when your leader comes back in with an injury, stays vocal and stays in the game, YOU PLAY for the man.

Bradford is NOT being vocal, he is NOT commanding the team, and his presence out there is SHODDY.

Now let's talk about his technical attributes. First off, he has been throwing craptastic deep balls since the beginning of his NFL career. When you cannot hit your receiver in stride, your deep ball automatically gets questioned.

His inability to stop ball swats and jumped balls. He's staring down one receiver. He's not even going throw his progressions. Steven Jackson will be open many times 7 yards down the field wide open for a check-down, and instead Bradford forces a deep ball to a receiver that is tightly covered. He has not looked off defenders, and he hasn't shown me ANYTHING that is worth deeming him a successful, high-leveled NFL QB yet.

His mobility, or lack of. When other QBs feel the pocket collapsing and there is a defender in his face, they try to elude him. Even young rookie QBs this year have done that. Bradford on the other hand, plays his best impression of a statue and stands there and folds. He cowers away. That is something I hate to see. HATE.

Where is the leadership? Bradford has not shown me any. To be a great QB, you have to be a leader on a team filled with men. Especially when your team is down in the rat holes of the NFL, someone has to step up and be that leader who rises everyone else's play and morale around them. Bradford? Haven't seen it. Where's the vocalness? Where is the emotion, the excitement? He is lackluster out there, almost like he doesn't want to be on the field.

But wait a minute. I've said that before, and people have replied well, would you be excited in his situation?

DAMN WELL I'LL BE EXCITED IF I WAS IN HIS POSITION. Look what his position is. He's a 50 million dollar QB with a job that most people play for a hobby. While other people have much more strenuous jobs working for a MUCH smaller paycheck, he's playing FOOTBALL on a team where he has AMPLE ability to showcase his preseverance and leadership and commanding presence and will to succeed.

The opportunity is THERE for Bradford. His o-line is suspect, but it's not suspect EVERY SINGLE G-DAMN snap. His receivers are bad, BUT THEY ARE NOT DROPPING BALLS AND GETTING TIGHTLY SHUT DOWN EVERY G-DAMN play.

When an opportunity arises for Bradford, he doesn't take advantage of it. And frankly, a great QB will take those opportunities. Bradford so far, has not...

People can make all the excuses in the world for Bradford.

Coaching change? Over 20+ teams have made coaching changes far more drastic than ours. I've already killed this argument in one of my threads.

Short off-season? I guess I didn't get the memo where every other team had secret practices EXCEPT us during the lockout? Oh wait, BECAUSE THAT $h!T doesn't happen. Every other team had to deal with the lock-out and short off-season.

Bad o-line? Give me a break. Our offensive line is bad, but it's not bad every single play. Other teams in the NFL have shoddy o-lines. For example, Tebow. Nuff said. It is not anyone's fault but Bradford's when he decides to not step into a well-developed pocket, which lets the defensive ends turn the corner and bust his ass.

Bad receivers? Our receivers are mediocre for the exception of Lloyd. And for people who do not want to sign him, and want to draft Blackmon instead, well let me put it this way for you. Blackmon will get shut-down from double/triple coverage just like Lloyd, and our receivers and coaching staff and QB have no clue how to take advantage of that.

Our receivers are not great, but a great QB knows how to put the ball where only the receiver can get it. Bradford was deemed with eagle eye-like accuracy when he came out of college. I have not seen that this year. He displayed a few flashes last year.

Hard offensive scheme to learn? Bradford is supposedly a very smart kid. I do not believe that he STILL hasn't gotten the grasp of the offense yet. People are crying because we just changed an offensive scheme...Hello? This is his only second year of the NFL. The change is not that drastic. This isn't his 6th change in 6 years. That's Alex Smith. Oh wait, Smith is what, 9-3 now? Let's say he hasn't learned the whole scheme yet. What I don't get is how he doesn't get it enough to produce even mediocre production on the field? I'm sorry, but Bradford is a smart guy. He's not Vince Young.

I am a Bradford fan. To whoever wants to question that, well, the only thing I can say to that is to eff off. To whoever wants to still blindly follow Bradford and make massive amounts of attempts to make themselves to blindly believe in Bradford, well, I hope you start living true to yourself sooner or later.

And to whoever wants to refute my argument, I dare you. I welcome you. I'll be here all night. I enjoy a good debate. Even if things get heated and I offend you, don't take it personally. I do not mean it. I love everyone. However, I will not waste my time arguing with people who worship Bradford to an extent that they cannot and will not accept any of his faults.
    Damn, just went beast mode.
    RockinRam likes this.

Fettmaster is offline Registered User

I would like more time to find out if Bradford is a part of the problem or solution. We knew going into this season that he was going to need better weapons. They gave him Mike Sims-Walker and half a season of Brandon Lloyd. We knew he was going to have to stay upright, this current offensive line couldn't block a defensive line made out of four Danny Woodhead's. We knew the coaching staff was going to have to step up to compete in an improving NFC West. Spags is as simpleminded and doltish as ever.

[QUOTE=sosa39rams;408139]
    Quote Originally Posted by RockinRam View Post

Damn, just went beast mode.
    Sometimes I get pretty heated during discussions. I love debating.

I've been pretty hard on you too Sosa, but don't take it personally. I don't have anything on anyone here. I just can't stand when invalid things are being said.

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

I seriously felt we should have made a play for Julio Jones not all these makeshift receivers. We need a true WR stud for the franchise.
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

Fat Pang is offline Registered User

This franchise is riding Bradford, either to horse heaven and pastures new or the knackers yard.

Which it will be will be decided by whether we stick him in the right environment and provide him with talent or continue to low-ball ourselves in the personnel market.

Unless a Herschel Walker type scenario appears and if I'm being honest, I have more chance of seeing Santa appearing drunk and naked in my living room clutching a bottle of Highland Park and a bog brush.
    laram0 likes this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123