RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Only think the Ram's feel the Pats cheated their way to a Super Bowl?

I thought this was relevant here, given the discussions of the Pat-holes cheating us out of the SB. I won't gripe if you feel it necessary to move it:

PHILADELPHIA -- Sheldon Brown and the Eagles hoped a blitz would rattle Tom Brady.
    One problem: Every time the Eagles rushed Brady in the Super Bowl, the Patriots nullified the defensive attack with screen passes. Lots of them. On almost every play defensive coordinator Jim Johnson called for a blitz, the Patriots used the short pass to confuse the Eagles.
    After the Patriots beat the Eagles 24-21 in 2005 to win the Lombardi Trophy, Brown thought the Patriots beat them with nothing but sharp offensive playcalling. Now, he's not so sure.
    With spying accusations leveled this week against the Patriots, some of the Eagles left from the NFC title team are wondering if New England used bootleg film to their advantage in the Super Bowl.
    "Do I think about it? Mmm hmmm," said Brown, their starting cornerback. "It's crazy. I just don't know how far back it goes. Something's not right about that."
    Pro Bowl safety Brian Dawkins found the accusations troublesome.
    "Now there's always going to be questions about the situation," Dawkins said Thursday. "Was it great adjustments at halftime or what?"
    Pittsburgh wide receiver Hines Ward said this week that he suspected the Patriots had some type of inside information on the Steelers before at least one of the teams' two AFC championship game matchups since the 2001 season. While Ward said the Patriots knew a lot of Pittsburgh's calls, none of the Eagles could offer any type of solid proof of any shenanigans.
    "For me to think back two years ago about something they may or may not have done, it's not worth my time," running back Brian Westbrook said.
    New England beat the New York Jets in last Sunday's season opener in which an on-field video camera allegedly focusing on Jets coaches was confiscated from a Patriots employee. The league confirmed that it is investigating whether coach Bill Belichick and the Patriots were responsible for taping the Jets' defensive coaches as they signaled to players on the field.
    "I would like to think it's just one team doing it, but it doesn't shock me that it happened," Dawkins said.
    Some Eagles said occasional signal-stealing is an accepted part of the game. But they believe what the Patriots are accused of doing crosses the football morality line because it threatens the integrity of the game.
    "It's different if you're talking about recording it," Dawkins said. "What can you do if you try to signal a play in?"
    Eagles coach Andy Reid steered away from questions about the alleged cheating other than to say he has no doubts New England's victory was legitimate.
    "That's something Bill and the Patriots are working through," Reid said.
    Brown said he noticed a difference in New England's playcalling in the second quarter. After the Patriots gained only 45 yards in the first quarter, they had 286 over the next three.
    Brady hit running back Corey Dillon and gained 29 total yards on a pair of screens to open New England's first full drive of the second quarter. They didn't score on that drive, but did on four of the next five drives.
    The Patriots went to the screen pass again on the decisive drive early in the fourth quarter, this time with Brady connecting with Kevin Faulk on two passes for 27 yards.
    "I was like, 'Man, I never saw that many screens,' " Brown said.
    Brown wonders if it was normal playcalling from a team good enough to win three Super Bowls in four seasons, a Patriots team that used a strong scouting report to gain a fair edge, or was somebody picking up the Eagles defensive calls from a sideline camera that deprived them of a fair shot?
    "I think they should forfeit, man," said punt returner Reno Mahe, smiling. "We won the Super Bowl. I think we should get it. I'm going to go trade my NFC championship ring for a Super Bowl ring."
    The headline over a picture of Belichick on the back page of Thursday's Philadelphia Daily News might have said it all: "Counterfeit RING: Spy Scandal Helps Explain Birds' Super Bowl Loss."
    Hey, maybe the illicit tape would show once and for all if Donovan McNabb really did get sick in the huddle late in the game. Remember, that was Philadelphia's first excuse for losing.
    McNabb -- who insisted the Eagles would never stoop to those kind of tactics -- was surprised to hear the allegations against the Patriots. But he said the suspicions might be overblown.
    "One thing people are forgetting is that even if you have the answers to the test, you still have to take the test," he said. "If they have an idea of what's coming, those guys still have to be able to execute the play."
    That doesn't mean McNabb won't clear some space in his jewelry box. For a city that last saw a pro team win a championship nearly 25 years ago, the Eagles might accept a retroactive one.
    "Maybe we'll get our ring back," said a chuckling McNabb. "Maybe we'll get the real one."

RealRam is offline Registered User

Re: Only think the Ram's feel the Pats cheated their way to a Super Bowl?

Thanks Infiniti.

Well, we may be crying over spilled milk forever but that's not going to deprive the Patsies from their so called "victories". Bah!

I think the Rams deserved SB XXXVI, absolutely! Now with these current revelations, who knows what else they might have decided to do

...besides holding Marshall Faulk so blatantly?!?

blood85 is offline Registered User

They should all take a lie detector test, it would probably be "off" the charts.

Ram Dragoon is offline Registered User

Was Oswell the lone shooter in the book depository????
    Did an UFO really Crash in Roswell, NM?

A rather slippery slope this topic is. From now on, perhaps investigation and examining of games will be the norm to make sure no cheating was done. But what was in the past remains there. Even if somehow the Pats cheated the Rams in the Superbowl, there is no way to achieve justice. Simply the Rams offense didn't win it by a large enough margin, nor did the defense keep the Rams from losing. In that game I certainly didn't like the play calling on the offense.

Still in the previous post I mentioned that the NFL ought to adopt mini radios where they can be turned off at the snap of the ball. Before the start of each game the Refs can hand out the radio chips to the players. Further the refs could have a master receiver that monitors all the radios

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

Personally, I think bringing this stuff up is a bad case of sour grapes.

Cheating or not, we lost, get over it.

let's move on guys.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

Dr5150 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RAMFANRAIDERHATER View Post
    Personally, I think bringing this stuff up is a bad case of sour grapes.

Cheating or not, we lost, get over it.

let's move on guys.

Couldn't be more right!!! EVERY team will do what ever they can do get an advantage. Playing allot of DE and TE I kept my hands inside while "holding". I knew it was wrong be you do everything you can to gain an advantage. If you don't like it, get over it!! As they said in the Corps, adapt, improvise, overcome, what every it takes to complete you mission.:l

LA Rammer is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RAMFANRAIDERHATER View Post
    Personally, I think bringing this stuff up is a bad case of sour grapes. Cheating or not, we lost, get over it. let's move on guys.
    Cheating or not? I think it matters very much. Remember wounds heal with time. These are new allegations, allegations with substance, fresh new wounds. Sour grapes, you betcha! This is exactly how it feels when you get robbed. I knew something was wrong with that superbowl. We got robbed, we lost to cheaters!!! Maybe we should of cheated? Maybe not, we can't reduce ourselves to that level, but let us all deal with it the way we want to and talk about it as much as the healing process takes. THIS IS A FREE COUNTRY!!!

This new revelation sucks and that is no dynasty! LET'S TAKE IT OUT ON THE WHINERS!!!
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

ramsanddodgers is online now Registered User

Still in the previous post I mentioned that the NFL ought to adopt mini radios where they can be turned off at the snap of the ball. Before the start of each game the Refs can hand out the radio chips to the players. Further the refs could have a master receiver that monitors all the radios
    I say just get rid of the radios. Are the QB's not bright enough to call a game anymore? The HC doesn't want his job in the QB's control?

Send the signals in via semaphore like the high schools do...
    RnD

GO RAMS!!

ramsanddodgers is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Dr5150 View Post
    Couldn't be more right!!! EVERY team will do what ever they can do get an advantage. Playing allot of DE and TE I kept my hands inside while "holding". I knew it was wrong be you do everything you can to gain an advantage. If you don't like it, get over it!! As they said in the Corps, adapt, improvise, overcome, what every it takes to complete you mission.:l
    It ain't cheatin' if you don't get caught! Right Hoody Bill?
    Last edited by ramsanddodgers; -09-14-2007 at 12:28 PM.
    RnD

GO RAMS!!

MoonJoe is offline Ram MVP

I think there were UFO's on the grassy knoll!

I also believe the Patriots were ALLOWED to cheat by the ref's in SB 36.....bu that's just my opinion, I could be wrong!

Dr5150 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by MoonJoe View Post
    I think there were UFO's on the grassy knoll!

I also believe the Patriots were ALLOWED to cheat by the ref's in SB 36.....bu that's just my opinion, I could be wrong!

Not saying that cheating is ok, but like in baseball they have been stealing signs for years, but they seem to get over it. Kinda like gang signs, every hand jesture means somethig else to every person. Do it like in youth football and highschool, send the WR and MLB in with the play and adapt to the formation!

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

So we're going to brush this off???

It's not cheating unless you get caught? How's a $500,000.00 fine....Did Bill Belchick ever deny the allegations even for a second? NO! Guilty! Guilty! Guilty!

Yeah, we heard some lame apology to the Patriots ownership, staff and players. How about the Customers? The Patriots fans for crying outloud!!!

No way am I brushing this off....Bill Belichick the "genius" Headcoach of the New England Patriots CHEATED!!!! The same Bill Belchick that was run out of Cleveland when he was the Headcoach there!!!!

This is terrible...He crossed the line!!!!!!!

LA Rammer is online now Registered User

I looked at one of the Panther message boards and they were somewhat
    divided, I guess they had some issues with steroids.
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

Bill Belichick molests collies.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Bill Belichick molests collies.
    That explains why Lassie won't come home..