adarian_too is offline Registered User

Open Letter to Georgia Frontiere

You've been on my mind lately. Let me introduce myself before I go on. I am your typical fan. Your typical fickle fan that is. I like winners. I don't suffer losers gladly. When I hear "fan, through thick or thin" I hear advertisers trying to wring the last nickel out of my pocket.

I am firmly convinced I was a Rams fan before you. Until you met the hubby who left you the team, I suspect when you heard of the horns you thought someone was talking about costumes for the show girls. But that's OK. And it's OK how you got the team. Most rich white men inherited their wealth and power too. So you don't need to apologize for it.

And Lord only knows what hostilty you have faced over the years by being a female owner in a league that reeks of testoterone. In spite of that inherent sexism, you kept the team moving ahead. Division titles and winning teams in the early 80s. Then came the dreadful days of the early 90s. And that turmultuous move. Somehow you perserved through it all and were ultimately rewarded with that SB win.

Some more years and some more success. The team is worth a fortune now. You are rich, successful despite your detractors. All the while surrounded by good ole boys in suits. You have a couple of choices again Georgia:

You can recall the strength you had when you fired Robinson after all the early success he had. You can actively build a perennial contender. Or you can straighten out the ship and clean the decks.

Fans are fickle. If I don't see you caring about the product, I don't see me caring about putting money in your pocket. Yeah I'll follow the box score, see who the latest star is. But buy your merchandise? Buy PSLs? Not if the team is medicore.

And that is where the ship is headed Georgia. And you know why? Because the FO doesn't know what it's doing anymore. They want a coach who is strong and in control. That is until the decisions start failing, then they want control back. They don't know who to pay to keep and who not to. They don't know how to craft an inhouse scouting staff. They don't know how to evaluate outside vendors to contract personnel evaluation to.

You can care about the team and make money too. It's time to let Shaw and the rest go Georgia. If you don't want to do it for the Team's sake. Do it for your purse's sake. Get back in the game Georgia, ... or get out.
    Last edited by adarian_too; -12-13-2005 at 09:13 PM.

psycho9985 Guest

Re: Open Letter to Georgia Frontiere

Hope someone shows this to her,because I doubt she lurks here.

OldRamsfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by adarian_too
    You've been on my mind lately. Let me introduce myself before I go on. I am your typical fan. Your typical fickle fan that is. I like winners. I don't suffer losers gladly. When I hear "fan, through thick or thin" I hear advertisers trying to wring the last nickel out of my pocket.

I am firmly convinced I was a Rams fan before you. Until you met the hubby who left you the team, I suspect when you heard of the horns you thought someone was talking about costumes for the show girls. But that's OK. And it's OK how you got the team. Most rich white men inherited their wealth and power too. So you don't need to apologize for it.

And Lord only knows what hostilty you have faced over the years by being a female owner in a league that reeks of testoterone. In spite of that inherent sexism, you kept the team moving ahead. Division titles and winning teams in the early 80s. Then came the dreadful days of the early 90s. And that turmultuous move. Somehow you perserved through it all and were ultimately rewarded with that SB win.

Some more years and some more success. The team is worth a fortune now. You are rich, successful despite your detractors. All the while surrounded by good ole boys in suits. You have a couple of choices again Georgia:

You can recall the strength you had when you fired Robinson after all the early success he had. You can actively build a perennial contender. Or you can straighten out the ship and clean the decks.

Fans are fickle. If I don't see you caring about the product, I don't see me caring about putting money in your pocket. Yeah I'll follow the box score, see who the latest star is. But buy your merchandise? Buy PSLs? Not if the team is medicore.

And that is where the ship is headed Georgia. And you know why? Because the FO doesn't know what it's doing anymore. They want a coach who is strong and in control. That is until the decisions start failing, then they want control back. They don't know who to pay to keep and who not to. They don't know how to craft an inhouse scouting staff. They don't know how to evaluate outside vendors to contract personnel evaluation to.

You can care about the team and make money too. It's time to let Shaw and the rest go Georgia. If you don't want to do it for the Team's sake. Do it for your purse's sake. Get back in the game Georgia, ... or get out.

Overall I agree with your post , I do not mean to start anything here one way or the other ... And as you can see by my post I DON'T step on anyones views or toes that might affend their personnel way of thinking , I will give my point of view in such way that does not affend anyone , And I dont mean to affend you ... But I do not agree and know better , about the line of "most rich white men Inherite their wealth and power too" ... I know some very wealthly white men and black men and mexican men and others ... I not have a bundle wealth but Iam doing o.k. And did it on my own , I know B.G. very well and he is one of the most wealthiest people in the world and he started with very little when he started ... Like I said I dont mean any harm or tread on any subject that might be miss understood in any way ... And I dont mean to affend you in any , But in my opinion that is a statement that could be taken in a # of negitive ways
    ... I dislike her as well , I was born in L.A. and lived their for over 40 yrs and was their when that happened(moved the Rams) I with you on that for sure ...

rampete Guest

you should know better adarian...

never give a lengthy ultimatum to an ex-las vegas show-girl...

she may mistake it for the miranda rights...

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by adarian_too
    In spite of that inherent sexism, you kept the team moving ahead. Division titles and winning teams in the early 80s.
    Were you drunk and stoned then too?

The Rams got by during the 80's.

That was pre-cap era. While other teams were stock-piling talent and paying good money to keep and acquire all-pro players, the Rams were notoriously cheap and complacent.

Quote Originally Posted by OldRamsfan1
    ... I do not agree and know better , about the line of "most rich white men inherited their wealth and power too" ... I know some very wealthly white men and black men and mexican men and others ... I not have a bundle wealth but Iam doing o.k. And did it on my own , I know B.G. very well and he is one of the [...] wealthiest people in the world and he started with very little when he started.
    Of course your right that the statement was a broad generalization. "Rich" is some what a subjective term. But in this context, she is the only woman majority owner in pro football. The other 31 majority owners are all white so far as I can tell. How they all got their money I don't honestly know.

If you're comfortable, more power to you. If you earned it by inventing a widget that everyone wants, so much the better. If you got it by sending your plants over to Taiwan, China, India, Mexico to exploit cheap labor and leaving entire communities devastated only so that your can exercise stock options that are worth more than the average worker makes in five lifetimes ... well that's another story for another time ...

Quote Originally Posted by rampete
    you should know better adarian...
    If there's anything I catch more often than a cold, it's amnesia.
    Last edited by adarian_too; -12-15-2005 at 07:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferter
    Were you drunk and stoned then too?

The Rams got by during the 80's.
    As to the first part of your statement, that goes without saying.

As to the second, OK. So after the Rams earned the wildcard spot in '80 there was a 2 year lapse until they went back to the playoffs four years running. Maybe that period doesn't exactly qualify for the "early 80s" but it did coincide with her hiring Robinson, the FO being active in the trade market and Georgia signing the roster in '83.

Couple that with two more playoff appearances later in '88 & '89 and well, stoned or not, I'd rather be cheap and in the playoffs then lavish and not.