RamWraith is offline Registered User

Open practices should benefit all

By Bill Coats
    St. Louis Post-Dispatch

Under Scott Linehan, reporters could watch only the first 20 to 30 minutes of practice. Jim Haslett has opened the entire session to the media.

“It’s no big deal to; it’s just a couple of guys out there watching practice,” Haslett shrugged. Still, there’s a method to his madness.

“The thing about this football team, I want them to feel good about themselves, I want the city to feel good about this team, and I want the organization to feel good,” Haslett explained. “If we can get some positive press and you guys like it out there, then I’m all for it. We have nothing to hide.

“At least you could see how we practice and how we prepare, and you could pass that on. Because we’re going to work hard and we’re going to practice hard. And maybe if you see that, you’ll relay that to the fans and that will help out a little bit.”

More specifically, the open practices will enable us to report more thoroughly on such happenings as lineup changes, injuries and other personnel adjustments. It’s a good thing for us, and, by extension, it should be a good thing for those who like to follow the team closely.

<><><>

Notes & quotes:

*T Orlando Pace was back at practice Wednesday. He sat out Tuesday with a sore shoulder.

*With the bye Sunday, Haslett gave the players and coaches off until Monday.

*Ex-Cornhusker Adam Carriker says: Nebraska 38, Mizzou 35.

*CB Ron Bartell noted an immediate change in atmosphere at Rams Park following Linehan’s dismissal. “It was something that had been lingering, and we didn’t know what was going to happen,” Bartell said. “Finally it happened, they got it out of the way, and now we can move on.”

All for now . . .

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Re: Open practices should benefit all

It's something small, but something that I can certainly appreciate. Haslett is genuinely trying to win back the fans, and it's these little things that separate him from Linehan that will make the difference. Go get em Jim. I wish you all the luck in the world.