RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Optimistic View at the Schedule

Assuming that we will eventually snap out of our terrible offensive funk eventually, here is an optimistic take on the upcoming schedule:

Sep. 30 @ Dallas - This game will require a ton of things to come together. We'll need our defense to overachieve and some massive improvement on the offensive side. Lets mark is down as a loss.

Oct. 7 (0-4) vs. Arizona - Let's say we finally breakout here and chalk up a victory.

Oct. 14 (1-4) @ Baltimore - Baltimore didn't look that great against Arizona. However, lets call this one a loss against a stiff defense.

Oct. 21 (1-5) @ Seattle - HUGE rivalry game. We could have S. Jackson back by then, Bulger could be healthy. Let's say we rise to the occasion and squeak this one out.

Oct. 28 (2-5) vs. Cleveland - Very winnable game against a subpar team.

(3-5) Bye week - Time to get even healthier

Nov. 11 (3-5) @ New Orleans - New Orleans is just not very good. They are terrible in the secondary and if our passing offense is on track by this point, we should be right in this game. Call it a win.

Nov. 18 (4-5) @ San Fran - We should have won the first game by two TD's. I say we get revenge here.

This puts us @ 5-5 going at home for Seattle. We'd be right in the thick of the NFC West race.

EXTREMELY optimistic, but hey, it's the NFL.

That would leave us with Seattle and Atlanta @ home, on the road at Cincy, home for GB and Pitt, and at Arizona.

I could see 9-7 if we are healthy and playing offense how we should, assuming the defense continues to mature.

Maybe I am the eternal optimist ....

Regardless, I'll cheer them on till the end.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Re: Optimistic View at the Schedule

Okay, I'll buy 5-5 leading up to the Seattle game if we're lucky. That's basically how I'd call those games as well. CLE, NO, and SF will certainly help...but that last stretch with Seattle, Cincinnatti, Green Bay, and Pittsburgh is going to be rough. I'll be cheering the team on 'til the end, too, but it's hard for me to see them winning more than 6 or 7 at this point.

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

If we could somehow get to 5-5 by the Seattle game, we'd definitely have some awesome momentum by that point. The games would be tough, but if we were able to get the ship righted and back on course, I think we'd be playing VERY well ...

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsInfiniti View Post
    Assuming that we will eventually snap out of our terrible offensive funk eventually, here is an optimistic take on the upcoming schedule:

EXTREMELY optimistic, but hey, it's the NFL.

That would leave us with Seattle and Atlanta @ home, on the road at Cincy, home for GB and Pitt, and at Arizona.

I could see 9-7 if we are healthy and playing offense how we should, assuming the defense continues to mature.

Maybe I am the eternal optimist ....

Regardless, I'll cheer them on till the end.
    We are all eternal optimists, we're Ram fans!!!

...but to think this team can finish the season above .500 is more then optimistic, it's downright fantasy. I just hope Bulger doesn't get killed in the next week or two. Rookies protecting him from all sides? OMG.

No more "greatest show on turf." Instead, our new offense will be called "chuck & duck".

No, I'm usually very optimistic, and always want "to believe", but no team in the NFL could survive the injuries we've had. Not even the mighty Patriots. I'm just hoping this tremendous adversity binds the Rams, and doesn't divide them. The silver lining to this season will be the forced seasoning of some young guys, like Carriker, Ryan and Leonard, and finding a couple new O-lineman for the future, and hopefully finding out that Barron is the next Pace. This season will also put the new staff to the ultimate test. If Linehan and his crew can somehow right the ship and finish with anything near 8 wins, it should be seen as a fairly significant achievement. So far, he's failing the test, but there's still time to recover.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968