Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    ramsanddodgers is online now Registered User

Re: The original Super Bowl XXXIV broadcast

Quote Originally Posted by thoey View Post
    I'll see what I can do to get my PC setup to record this. I have the video card, TV Tuner and the DVD burner. Just haven't tried hooking it up to TV yet.
    And for this thou shalt be venerated throughout the land!

Yea, verily, even many rep points may be heaped upon thy user name!

RnD

GO RAMS!!

RealRam is offline Registered User

Ahhh, it was great to relive that game tonight! :r

Thanks R&D (and sorry, V6, I was unable to record it).

When Eddie George scored the Titans 2nd TD, did his knee touch the turf before entering the endzone or not?

True, if Coach Vermeil had challenged the play and won it, it would have placed the ball no more than 1 foot from the paint but you never know, maybe they would have failed to score 6 and would have been forced to settle for 3.

But in the end, Jones' tackle produced the thriller / memorable finish with his heroic play to preserve the Rams lead and WIN THE BIG TROPHY.

Sweet, so sweet.
    Last edited by RealRam; -02-02-2007 at 05:44 PM. Reason: Content

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RealRam View Post
    Ahhh, it was great to relive that game tonight! :r

Thanks R&D (and sorry, V6, I was unable to record it).

When Eddie George scored the Titans 2nd TD, did his knee touch the turf before entering the endzone or not?

True, if Coach Vermeil had challenged the play and won it, it would have placed the ball no more than 1 foot from the paint but you never know, maybe they would have failed to score 6 and would have been forced to settle for 3.

But in the end, Jones' tackle produced the thriller / memorable finish with his heroic tackle to preserve the Rams lead and WIN THE BIG TROPHY.

Sweet, so sweet.
    It absolutely was great to relive the game RealRam. Every time I watch it, I find myself getting caught up in the drama like I'm watching it for the first time. Is that crazy or what?

RealRam is offline Registered User

Drama is right, R8rh8rmike. Absolutely. And the nuances, the celebration, all the memories.

Another play, actually a penalty I never agreed with was the face mask on Dre Bly when he tackled McNair during the Titans last and dangerous drive. Not that it wasn't a face mask, it obviously was, but that it should have been a 5 yard instead of the much harsher 15. He let go quick enough (compared to the same penalty Vs. Kearse when he dragged Warner's head around holding on to the face mask).

But again, all this is moote or, better said, needless. It was the essence of what made up one of the greatest and exciting finishes in SB history.

How about them RAMS! :r

Thanks again, RnD, for the info. I might have missed the replay of SBXXXIV.

AlphaRam is offline Registered User

The only thing the Rams didn't get flagged for that I thought they should have was for Brenda Warner showing up in an outfit that even a drag queen wouldn't wear.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

BigGameMN is offline Registered User

Man that was a vicious D we had that year. The Offense got all the press but the D won that game. We should have put at least 40 points on the Titans and went into the half up something like 28 to nothing. But it didn't matter because the D wasn't going to let us lose that one.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345