Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Orlando Pace

Orlando Pace

I am surprised that no one has taken him to task yet for once again allowing a free roaming falcon to blast Bulger in our endzone, this time for a safety. Last time for a TD.

I think its time to move on and free up some cap space.

Re: Orlando Pace

bump, I am not letting that fat pratt get away with this

majorram is offline Registered User

Pace looked crap aginst Smith, this isn't "Reggie white" Pace you know.. maybe time to move on... we need the cap space.....

steve :ramlogo:

maineram is offline Registered User

If he's the anchor of our line we're always gonna be in big trouble. After that performance who's gonna pay two, one, even low first round pick for him. Talk about stock drop !!!!!
    They'll have to bring in the game tape from last night into his contract negotiations.
    I would think it'd be hard for him to get his 25 million dollar signing bonus !!!!

Maineram - :confused:
    and out of the ashes rise ...The Breakfast Club !

gap Guest

I may be wrong, but Orlando didn't get beat on this play. Unless you consider a non-flag by the official getting beat. That play had flag written all over it, unfortunately, someone had anohter agenda last night.

Is there any doubt in your mind that Hargrove would have been flagged for that?

gap

SFCRamFan is offline Registered User

I commented on Pace's poor play in the Chat Room last night. He seems to have screwed himself by not signing earlier. His stock has dropped. His play is getting progressively worse. He no longer dominates at his position. Lard Butt looks like he was playing with his feet in clay and ended up on his butt a few times. Pathetic for such a "marquee" o-lineman.
    Last edited by SFCRamFan; -01-16-2005 at 11:40 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SJax, a developing quarterbacks best friend...

RealRam is offline Registered User

Agreed. If cap numbers help, let the "Change of Pace" cliché be real.

rampete is offline Registered User

i'm all for booting pace out of the lineup...but does that really solve the rams woeful problems at the o-line positions? nutten is done in my opinion, timmerman is on slowly but surely on the decline, mccollum may be salvageable for another season or two and saipaia is work in progress who may have the best upside of this group...

i think the rams FO will attempt to sign pace for a long term but will balk if pace expects to get paid like the best OT...

tanus is offline Registered User

that was clearly offsides. how that wasnt called doesnt really surprise me though with how many other penalties were missed throughout the game.

Yodude is offline Registered User

You guys would get rid of Pace? And replace him with who, Barney? Do you realize he's our only offensive lineman worth a damn rigth now? I'm all for accountability, but Bulger would last exactly 2 minutes next season if we let Pace walk.
    Clannie Nominee for ClanRam's Thickest Poster

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

I have to agree with some of these latter posts. While Pace might not have played well last night, who do we replace him with? We certainly can't expect to draft a rookie and expect him to contribute at left tackle. Grant Williams? I'll take my chances with Orlando.

Hopefully, his performance this year will do two things - [1] inspire him to take a lower contract amount out of the goodness of his heart (I'm not holding my breath but still) and [2] inspire him to come to camp to work on his play.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

lakerams Guest

no way Nick-

the guy is not worth the cap hit the way he played this entire season. this wasn't just about last night. he got beat numerous times during the season and we are talking about a guy that would maybe give up 1 sack for an entire season.

if he doesn't take a huge cut in pay, let him go. you can pick up 2 O-lineman with the amount of money they are about to pay him.

Quote Originally Posted by lakerams
    you can pick up 2 O-lineman with the amount of money they are about to pay him.
    I agree with you that if Pace is still going after his lofty figures from the Poston days, then we should see what else is out there. But these lineman you're talking about... where do we get them? Looking at the list of free agent tackles for 2005, I'm not seeing many names that look appealing, at least compared to Pace. Jonas Jennings? Kareem McKenzie? Victor Riley? Please. We could pick up two offensive lineman with the money we'd save, but whatever tackle we get to play on the left side will be less talented and will struggle with the playbook like Turley and Wohlabaugh did. I'm not really looking forward to that, from a guy protecting Marc Bulger's blind side.

lakerams Guest

well, the way Pace played this season, another O-lineman can't be any worse. the guy played like a rookie at times this season, and that should NEVER happen with your franchise player.

Quote Originally Posted by lakerams
    well, the way Pace played this season, another O-lineman can't be any worse. the guy played like a rookie at times this season, and that should NEVER happen with your franchise player.
    I really can't agree with this statement. We'll just have to agree to disagree about this, because I think we could find plenty of offensive lineman who could play worse than what Pace did this year.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast