Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    general counsel is offline Registered User

Orlando Pace- I love the Big Man

Is there anyone on this board who doubts the wisdom of paying The Big Man all that money to lock him up longterm. Forget the cap a minute, after watching him dominate freeney last night, do we finally have agreement regarding the value that the Big Man brings to our team? Freeney never got near bulger on ANY pass rush that pace was responsible for, not once that i saw. That is the worst beating that freeney will take all year. Spins over and over got nothing. Freeney knew better than to try and bull rush the big man and with the exception of the one play on the fumble, which was not pace's blocking assignment and which in my opinion, was partially caused by jackson being tentative getting through the hole, did absolutely NOTHING all game. IF you didnt know how good freeney was (and hope could you not given all the pregame hype and the one on one camera focus all game long) you NEVER would have known that the guy was even in the game.

Yet another week where the Big Man's guy does an HG Wells impression of The Invisible Man. I hope people realize that we would NOT be better off had we traded him for picks, this guy is just not replaceable in our offense right now. He is the jackie slater of our generation and he is a better pass blocker (although i dont think as good a run blocker) as Big Jackie.

I sincerely hope that The Big Man plays his entire career for the rams. Whenever people talk about the key guys from the GSOT, it always amazes me that warner, faulk and bruce, followed by holt, get the most mentions. Pace was intimately and crucially responsible for the success of our offense. He is the best player on our team, one of the true elites in the league and it was just so great to see him FINALLY get some national exposure last night by killing freeney so people can stop all the crap about "he is good, but not great, too inconsistent."

He is of course not perfect. The false starts are very very annoying, especially since they tend to come at crucial times. Gives the Big Man something to work on, i dont see much else for him to improve. I loved the camera shots of what happened when he got his hands on freeney, pushing him away. What great strength in those arms.

Now, if only the Big Man could have been protecting bulger downfield so that bulger wouldnt not have had to do his imitation of someone trying to get out of the way of a blocker.

Ramming speed to all and long live the Big Man

general counsel

Re: Orlando Pace- I love the Big Man

he did get beat on that one near the goal line but apart from that he had a great game and I agree with you and your post.

jkramsfan Guest

Gc I Could Not Agree More,pace Is A Machine. He Totally Dominated On National Tv The So Called Best Pass Rusher In The Nfl.

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Was there any doubt Pace would dominate? There was no doubt in my mind. All that talk about the Colts D and Freeney blah blah blah. The only thing I can take away from the game is that we exposed Indys D for what it is and that Freeney got shut down, so much for him making the cover of sports illustrated.

jkramsfan Guest

Agreed, Remember The Colts Are In The Lead Alot Forcing Teams To Throw More,giving Him More Chances At A Sack,can Anyone Remember The Year Kevin Carter Had When We Won Sb34, He Has Not Come Close To Those Numbers Again And Thats Because He Had So Many Sack Chances That Year.

Large_Ant Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce
    Was there any doubt Pace would dominate? There was no doubt in my mind. All that talk about the Colts D and Freeney blah blah blah. The only thing I can take away from the game is that we exposed Indys D for what it is and that Freeney got shut down, so much for him making the cover of sports illustrated.
    Yeah, I doubted him. But I was wrong. Pace's game was air tight last night. There were a couple of times I said "Ah, see there, he got schooled!" only to see the replay and realize that it was the tight end that got beat.

Pace looked good. Definitely the second best LT in the league. :moon:

ZigZagRam is offline Registered User

Pace looked good. Definitely the second best LT in the league.
    I don't know about that. Ogden got beat repeatedly by Dwight Freeney. :tongue:

Besides, we just saw Walter Jones have a few problems with Anthony Hargrove a week ago. He was looking pretty nervous with those two false starts and proceded to give up a sack to Hargrove.

AugustaRamFan Guest

My quarrel has never been with OP and his talent he is a gifted big man. I have questioned his desire to be a team player (get signed and get you big hind end into camp).

Here is a mind bender! What if OP had not missed the camp and pre-season time in recent years? Bulger and Warner would have taken fewer hits (Recall the Giants game with Strahan and Warner.. a couple years back).

I wish you could go back in time and take that concussion away from KW....things may have been very different.

Just a thought! OP is a force - I did not mean to get off topic.

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel
    Is there anyone on this board who doubts the wisdom of paying The Big Man all that money to lock him up longterm.
    Well what else were they gonna do with no one waiting in the wings?

I'm not so sure that an adequate LT could not have been found for less money.

By the looks of the defense and all the high end money on the offensive side of the ball I really don't see the wisdom of the FO at this point.

Large_Ant Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ZigZagRam

Besides, we just saw Walter Jones have a few problems with Anthony Hargrove a week ago. He was looking pretty nervous with those two false starts and proceded to give up a sack to Hargrove.
    The "second best" comment was meant tongue in cheek. But you're killing me with the Walter Jones was "pretty nervous" over Anthony Hargrove (of all people) thing. Couldn't have been the loud crowd in the dome keeping him from hearing the cadance, it must have been the 84th best DE that he's faced in his career standing in front of him. LOL

And were you watching the same game I was? Because if Hargrove sacked somebody, I missed it, the TV cameras missed it, and the stat keepers missed it. God, it's got to suck when you pull a stat out of thin air and someone actually follows up on it.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/live/NFL_20051009_SEA@STL

Notice the lack of a sack in your boys column. Anthony Who-grove?
    Last edited by Large_Ant; -10-18-2005 at 11:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Large_Ant
    Yeah, I doubted him. But I was wrong. Pace's game was air tight last night. There were a couple of times I said "Ah, see there, he got schooled!" only to see the replay and realize that it was the tight end that got beat.

Pace looked good. Definitely the second best LT in the league. :moon:
    Quote Originally Posted by ZigZagRam

I guess we will have to wait and see when Freeney comes to Seattle in Week 16 what Jones can do with him.

How can Pace be the 2nd best LT when hes already the BEST in the game :tongue: :moon:

Large_Ant Guest

Maybe we should just have them go one on one and settle this thing once and for all!!

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

Maybe we should just have them go one on one and settle this thing once and for all!!

Just great .... Sumo Wrestling

LOL I think we can both agree that if we didn't have Pace I would want Jones instead, and vice versa.

Large_Ant Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce
    LOL I think we can both agree that if we didn't have Pace I would want Jones instead, and vice versa.
    Agreed. As far as the LT spot goes, we are each in an enviable position.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast