Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Ot-ot-og

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

Re: Ot-ot-og

Quote Originally Posted by PeoriaRam View Post
    No. That's the mistake we made with Bradford. The team was not in a position to make a young QB successful.

Go crazy on rebuilding the offensive line in the first round, but don't take an RB until round two at the absolute earliest. RBs are too interchangeable and have too short of a shelf life to justify a round 1 pick.
    My have things changed. You used to be against the idea of drafting Bradford back when we got him.
    But I do agree that we need to fortify the O-line, it's one thing Bradford's been sloppy these past two games, but the O-line isn't giving him good protection as well. It seems whenever the O-line's failing him he takes a snap and then throws the ball for the sake of getting rid of it.

♪ R.I.P. Nujabes ♫
    Your beat still laments the world

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Flippin' Ram View Post
    My have things changed. You used to be against the idea of drafting Bradford back when we got him.
    But I do agree that we need to fortify the O-line, it's one thing Bradford's been sloppy these past two games, but the O-line isn't giving him good protection as well. It seems whenever the O-line's failing him he takes a snap and then throws the ball for the sake of getting rid of it.
    Actually my rationale for not drafting Bradford has pretty much been borne out. My opposition was based on an opinion that the team lacked the supporting cast necessary for him (or any other young QB for that matter) to succeed. Look at what we've spent the last few weeks arguing about.

Of course now that we have Bradford and that contract we might as well make the best of it for another year or two. I would be thrilled if he was able to take the next step.

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by Fortuninerhater View Post
    You know things are pretty bad when a team is talking about the draft 4 games into the season.

So I'll bite.

If this season plays out the way the first 4 games have, I'd be looking for a fearless playmaking franchise QB first.
    Your "bite" allows me to segue into mine: Somewhat off topic, but I've really been wondering: What does our Clan Ram panel of Draft Experts think of Johnny Football? I am a "Johnny come lately" concerning knowledge of Johnny M. The word I've heard/read lately, is that he's coming out after his sophomore season. Is Manziel the real deal? A flash in the pan? Or just overly altruistic as in 4,400 autographs out of the goodness of his heart. Any chance this guy will be a top 10 pick if he comes out? Just curious .. He's young, he could sit for a year, blah blah, but does anyone believe he's got the "magic"? I've just seen a few snatches of his play this year, and it does seem he's got some electricity/juice .. Thoughts??

Randart is offline Registered User

Well now, Maui be ready for some back lash! Many here torched my cookies for suggesting we might take a flyer on Johnny Football as a back up project and just in case Sam gets creamed one too many times... Not many were for the idea and many hated it alot! I still like the kids flash in the pan abilities, and think he is a great change of pace kinda guy compared to Sammy. But I do love the idea many of the guys here suggested on drafting O-Line guys we are in desperate straits atm.

Also gotta be willing to use as many of them at a time as needed to block out the front seven that have been killing us of late! If it means puting in 7 line men I am all for it and attack their front 7 stop letting other teams dictate to us! Get down and dirty and play some good ol' Vinny Lombardi football. That is what our coaches would like it seems so the reason it worked was cause they executed blocks! If you did not block on runs you were booted from the team. Life was so simple then...

richtree is offline Registered User

I think it would be best for us to get Bradford another weapon on offense in the off-season, because face it...we are stuck with Bradford.

Brandon Coleman is the next Calvin Johnson / DeMarius Thomas. Bradford needs a guy like this that he can just throw it up and big plays happen. Perfect complement to our team......

I am not kidding when I say this kid is next star.

Coleman, Best OLineman, RB, Safety.......theres our needs

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12