HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

On the other hand...

....EVERY game will have something good come out of it. Even a debacle like yesterday will show some signs of life if one were to look. Here's what I saw:

1. Son of Animal (SOA...hm, I like that) led all rookies league wide in tackles with 14. Tied for 2nd were USC alum Cushing and Rey Mau at 8 each.

2. Vobora, Mr. Irrelevant no more, among 2nd year players was 3rd in tackles. Something to build on.

3. Smith played better than expected for a rookie OT. He certainly wasn't the lowlight of that line.

4. Robinson for a 5th round swap meet looks like a pretty good deal right now.

5. The defense created turnovers. The offense did not.

6. Gibson and Long, though not attaining a lot of pressure, were around the ball all day.

7. Maybe it's just familiarity with the system, but Butler appears to be better than initially advertised.

8. Atogwe has to be in the conversation when discussing top FS in the league.

9. Special Teams showed some spunk. In fact, the STers were so excited at least 12 of them at a time wanted to take the field.

10. You tell me there's a punter in the league right now better than Donnie Jones, and I will be forced to call BS on you.

11. Wade played a disciplined, solid cover game. (Kudos to RF16 for that catch).

There. That's 11 good things. Whew, I didn't think I'd make it there for a while.
    Last edited by HUbison; -09-14-2009 at 11:12 AM.

"Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

Re: On the other hand...

I absolutely agree. And how about Jonathan Wade? The kid played solid today!
    RamsFan16

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan16 View Post
    I absolutely agree. And how about Jonathan Wade? The kid played solid today!
    An excellent point, and one that I should have mentioned. Good catch.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

TekeRam is offline Registered User

No penalties on Barron. Don't think he gave up a sack either, but I don't know.

Toicat is offline Registered User

On a positive note, I thought that the Defense was much improved and showed some real spirit. No kidding, they played inspired and had some decent stats.

I am surprised by how the team responded on offense. I did not like many of the play selections from the OC. And....there should not have been 12-players on the field...that's basic, and Coach Spags is likely letting everyone know it today.

Someone needs to coach Richie Incognito that after the whistle PF's only hurt the team and sends a message to officiating crews about his playing tendencies.

Another thing, I noticed about Steven Jackson that bothers me is that hop & skip after he takes the ball from Bulger. At his size he can make the hole or at least help widen it without losing momentum from the handoff. Also, note that Steven is great at YAC's. Throw the ball to him more to keep the saftey's and LB's in check from the blitz. Mark would especially appreciate it!

We got them Hogs in DC next week, so let's make some adjustments and get to 1 and 1.

Very best to all for the week ahead !

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by TekeRam View Post
    No penalties on Barron. Don't think he gave up a sack either, but I don't know.
    Good point. As a renowned Barron critic, even I must admit that I'm impressed he came out of that place without a false start.