39thebeast is offline Registered User

Our best Lineman is.....

Adam Goldberg, I don't know how this happened, but he has been quietly having a good season. Maybe it is our weird 3 tackle rotation. He had some great blocks in the run game and held up well against the pass.

With that said this tackle rotation is stupid. Barron is leading the NFC in penalty yardage and besides his game against Jared Allen he really hasn't impressed me. There is no point in putting him out there, I say just bench him this rotation is ridiculous. Smith is going to take his lumps and when it comes to RE's he isn't going to face alot better than Dwight Freeney who only got 1 sack. He is the future, put the kid there and let him get comfortable and stop making him switch sides. He was good in the run game, decent in the pass have faith in the kid he will only get better whereas Barron will just keep racking up the penalties and allowing sacks to names. Barron lets get reall he isn't coming back, IMO Goldberg has been playing well enough to stay at RT and he is actually signed through next year. Start Smith at LT and Goldberg at RT and lets keep working towards the future. While we are at it we might as well also start Grecco at RG. Get some continuity and some experience for people who will actually be here in the future. I honestly think it would be an upgrade in our line with a heck of alot more upside.

dgr828 is offline Registered User

Re: Our best Lineman is.....

Despite the few penalties AB is Rams best Lineman. One things for sure AB is always 'In your face!' Whens the last time he's missed a game! Barrons the Best by far, benching him is ridiculous!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

live4ramin is offline Registered User

If you never make contact you never get hurt.
    "The horror"

Barrons just ok, but the dude wouldn't be starting for most teams in the league.

Most winning teams.
    "The horror"

GROUND DOG 39 is offline Registered User

If Barron is the best, it just goes to show the lack of talent on this roster.
    Because I only listen to the game and then watch the highlights its hard for
    me to gauge this question. Ive not heard Jason Brown's name called much,
    Which is a good thing Im assuming. The bottom line is WE NEED TO IMPROVE.

Damn DOG, if you just get to see the team in the highlights you don't get to see much.

The rams wear blue and gold unis and have the horns on the hats. They are usually all face down.
    "The horror"

Alec22 is offline Registered User

Honustly i think the o line has been much better than i expected this year. No digs at bulger intended, he doesnt move well, and often does hold onto the ball longer than people want. And looking at the current o line, i think together they have a very solid nucleous.
    For sakes, Goldberg the backup tackle was just pronouncted our best lineman, i think that is more of a complement then a diss.
    Smith - Obv very young, but was the #2 overall pick and IMO will turn out just fine
    Cogs - when he doesnt commit dumb penalties ( 0 i believe in the last 3-4 games) is a very solid run blocker, the most tenacious in the nfl
    Brown - Was thought of as one of the top nfl centers, and has done nothing to show me he isnt
    Jacob bell - sucked last year. This year i think he has been better, but im sure other people know how he has done this year better than i do
    Barron - Bottom line with all of his penalties, is he flat out starts every game and doesnt get beat. Very seldom does he allow DE's to blow by him.

To put it bluntly I really like this line, and believe that if you switch the colts and rams o lines that both teams would have the same records they do right now.

On Barron:

Just because the guy leads the league in quarterback help ups dosen't give him extra credit.

It's time to be harsh. Who's the O line coach. Let's get him first.

Oh...yeah they WOULD have the same records. Colts 7-0. rams 0-7.
    Last edited by live4ramin; -10-26-2009 at 04:15 PM.
    "The horror"

rNemesis is offline Registered User

[

To put it bluntly I really like this line, and believe that if you switch the colts and rams o lines that both teams would have the same records they do right now.[/QUOTE]

Now you stop that nonsense right there! If that happened, we would get:

PUSH IN THE RUN GAME
    NO SACKS IN FOUR GAMES!
    BLITZ PICKUP