Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    PHAT-MONEY Guest

Our Future may be Seen on Sunday.

lets look back to 2003. first game of the season and it's against the giants. kurt warner is in the game and gets sacked like 5 times, it turns out to be a season benching game where the young Qb (Bulger) starts the final 15 games and makes the probowl. Now Lets go Back to 2002. Kurt warner Goes down and Marc bulger steps in to play final 6 games and throw for 1,496 with 9 Td's and 2 Int's. that's where it all starts, kurt goes down in 2003 for good, marc steps in and plays so well that you can't possibly bench him and thats when the rams made the decision. BULGER. well lets look at this now, we are not going to the playoffs, Bulger has a concussion and in come Brock Berlin. Lets say we win the game, Not just win the game but win it badly and brock throws for over 300 yards and 2 or 3 td's, who do you start the next week?? Bulger or Berlin, No need to risk Bulger becoming seriously hurt, so you play berlin, you think he is just filling in and letting bulger rest for the rest of the year and that bulger will come back stong next year, but berlin gets better and better and better, what do you do, do you trade him and get somthing for him, or do you do what we did before and keep the young Qb for Insurance. then somthing goes wrong for bulger and brock steps in to lead us to the playoffs. what do you do? keep Bulger...Or Go with the Young Qb.. Brock?? for those of you who think this is crazy and that no possible way would a quarterback who had never played a down take a perennial Pro Bowler's job... just look at kurt warner.. we never would have that it would happen... sure enough IT DID HAPPEN.. all I am saying is.. give the young kid a shot.... He just might surprise you.

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

Re: Our Future may be Seen on Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by PHAT-MONEY View Post
    lets look back to 2003. first game of the season and it's against the giants. kurt warner is in the game and gets sacked like 5 times, it turns out to be a season benching game where the young Qb (Bulger) starts the final 15 games and makes the probowl. Now Lets go Back to 2002. Kurt warner Goes down and Marc bulger steps in to play final 6 games and throw for 1,496 with 9 Td's and 2 Int's. that's where it all starts, kurt goes down in 2003 for good, marc steps in and plays so well that you can't possibly bench him and thats when the rams made the decision. BULGER. well lets look at this now, we are not going to the playoffs, Bulger has a concussion and in come Brock Berlin. Lets say we win the game, Not just win the game but win it badly and brock throws for over 300 yards and 2 or 3 td's, who do you start the next week?? Bulger or Berlin, No need to risk Bulger becoming seriously hurt, so you play berlin, you think he is just filling in and letting bulger rest for the rest of the year and that bulger will come back stong next year, but berlin gets better and better and better, what do you do, do you trade him and get somthing for him, or do you do what we did before and keep the young Qb for Insurance. then somthing goes wrong for bulger and brock steps in to lead us to the playoffs. what do you do? keep Bulger...Or Go with the Young Qb.. Brock?? for those of you who think this is crazy and that no possible way would a quarterback who had never played a down take a perennial Pro Bowler's job... just look at kurt warner.. we never would have that it would happen... sure enough IT DID HAPPEN.. all I am saying is.. give the young kid a shot.... He just might surprise you.
    I hope it doesn't happen again, but you never know, the one difference is Berlin doesn't have the benefit of being brought along by Mike Martz.

AtlantaRamFan is offline Registered User

You guys remember what happened after Fitzpatricks first game? He brought the Rams back from a deficit, and after just 1 game, people were calling for Bulger to be traded because Fitz was the Second Coming...But then he started another couple games and sucked it up pretty bad. I'd say let Berlin throw his first NFL pass before the what if's...It would be nice to find a future QB (or a good young backup) with the punishment Bulger goes through on a weekly basis though.

PHAT-MONEY Guest

But speculation is just so fun

Rambos is offline Registered User

I am looking forward to see him play, but I know 68Mil reasons why he won't be the furture.

PHAT-MONEY Guest

just because marc bulger got 68 Millions to play here doesnt mean that if brock plays better and helps us win i wont root for him to play, I love marc, but the guy that plays best gives us the best chance to win.. not how much money some guy got to Supposedly help us win.
    Last edited by PHAT-MONEY; -12-08-2007 at 07:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PHAT-MONEY View Post
    just because marc bulger got 68 Millions to play here doesnt mean that if brock plays better and helps us win i wont root for him to play, I love marc, but the guy that plays best gives us the best chance to win.. not how much money some guy got to Supposedly help us win.
    the reality is that a guy that is making 68 million will not be standing on the sidelines with a clipboard in hand if he is healthy enough to play.

PHAT-MONEY Guest

we would be in cap hell if that happend.. just somthing to look for.

ramsanddodgers is online now Registered User

I would side with AtlantaRamFan on this.

I was thinking exactly the same thing as I read Phat's initial post in this thread. That Fitz looked like a world beater in his initial outing but then the world collapsed on him and he was trying to dig out from under the rubble when he was released.

It may be advantageous to the Rams (and us) to let Bulger sit and recover while seeing if Berlin can develop into a good reliever and possible starter in the future.

I am all for winning out this season but not at the cost of next season.
    RnD

GO RAMS!!

Guam rammer is offline Registered User

I think ultimately we root for the player that wins, has the team playing for him and shows leadership in the huddle. Bulger is still the man on this team and i feel if he was provided with good protection, his skills woulda skyrocketed this year. If Berlin does a fantastic job these last few games and it has to be fantastic, then for sure he'll be our #2 backup next year. Its still Bulgers job to lose and if brock can figure things out behind this line that nobody, even the coaches couldnt, then yes i think we'll have an interesting 08 at the QB position.

bruce4life is offline Registered User

i hate to say it guys but i'm a little more realistic... as i would love for the rams to win tommorrow I see your boy berlin phatmoney to get killed tommorrow... tommorrow is gonna be the raiders throwing in andrew walter last year

Quote Originally Posted by bruce4life View Post
    i hate to say it guys but i'm a little more realistic... as i would love for the rams to win tommorrow I see your boy berlin phatmoney to get killed tommorrow... tommorrow is gonna be the raiders throwing in andrew walter last year
    maybe, maybe not, although I kind of side with what you are saying,he isn't playing against the leagues best defense and he does have some HOF receivers to throw to.

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Aren't we jumping the gun a little bit? At least a few years ago we let Fitzpatrick play a game before we went nuts saying he's the next KW. Come on guys, let's be real. If Bulger can't play efficiently with this offensive line, why does anyone think that this no name Brock Berlin is going to be our miracle savior for our "season".

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaRamFan View Post
    You guys remember what happened after Fitzpatricks first game? He brought the Rams back from a deficit, and after just 1 game, people were calling for Bulger to be traded because Fitz was the Second Coming...But then he started another couple games and sucked it up pretty bad. I'd say let Berlin throw his first NFL pass before the what if's...It would be nice to find a future QB (or a good young backup) with the punishment Bulger goes through on a weekly basis though.
    The thing that helped Fitzpatrick in his first start was the fact that he didn't have time to think about the magnitude of what he was being thrown into. He came off the bench and played a great game. The following week, he had time to actually take it all in and crumpled under the pressure. Berlin has had plenty of time to think and that worries me.

I would love nothing more than to see Berlin become a success story, but he's most likely going to be destroyed.

A39J is offline Registered User

i have never liked marc bulger so this what if situation is always good for me

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast