Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Our KEY to winning at San Fran...

BarronWade is offline Registered User

Our KEY to winning at San Fran...

Is a Thunder and Lightning storm!!! Jax and Rich

I know everyone fears the 9ers run D but that is the key to defeating them...I checked out there 2 losses (i know stats dont tell the whole story but) the constant in both losses were the running games...This is the Run games in the 9ers losses:

Vikings:
    Peterson: 86 yards 25att broke off a 20 yarder
    Ponder (QB) 7att 33 yards broke off a 23 yard touchdown

Giants:
    Bradshaw: 27att 116yrds TD 4.3yrd/att
    David Wilson (rookie) 7att 35yrds 5yrds/att broke off a 20 yarder

Jax needs to produce he needs to keep taking the ball and getting solid yardage (easier said than done) Fisher and the o-line need to create holes for jackson to produce and Richardson needs to stay fresh and get his home run big runs to open it up for us

Both Ponder and Eli had under 200 yards passing in those wins

So yes the key to beating the ***** is fightoff there biggest strength and RUN the ball!!!!

We are the big underdogs but back in week 3 so were Vikings

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Re: Our KEY to winning at San Fran...

The key to beating any good team is exposing them within their biggest strengths...

THE DREAM TEAM

Rambos is offline Registered User

I think it's going to be a few things.

1) Stopping the run, the whiners really run the ball like not other team. The have more formations then any team we have played this year. They are going to be tough to stop on the ground.

2) Getting a lead and a decent one. We need to score early and force them to have to stay patient with their running game but get away from it.

3) Turnovers, we have to win the turn over battle and by more then one. We need to get back to making plays on defense. It's no surprise we are losing games and have no turnovers in the last few games like we did early in the season.

BarronWade is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    I think it's going to be a few things.

1) Stopping the run, the whiners really run the ball like not other team. The have more formations then any team we have played this year. They are going to be tough to stop on the ground.

2) Getting a lead and a decent one. We need to score early and force them to have to stay patient with their running game but get away from it.

3) Turnovers, we have to win the turn over battle and by more then one. We need to get back to making plays on defense. It's no surprise we are losing games and have no turnovers in the last few games like we did early in the season.
    Of course there are plenty of keys to victory but as Sosa stated the key to beating any good team exposing them within there strength

Basically what this means is the game must be controlled by us...We need to win the Time of possession (and actually score TDs not field goals)

The main thing this is a run D that is feared and normally they stop the run better than any team in the league we need to take them out there comfort zone

laram0 is online now Superbowl MVP

To have a chance we must win the turnover battle.
    Rambos and bruce4life like this.

Guam rammer is offline Registered User

More red zone TDs will get us a win. What happens on D will help but we need to get er in there for six more often. The D has been doing what it needs to keep us in games except GB and NE but when you flatten out on offense especially in the red zone, theres really no chance.

macrammer is online now Registered User

This will be a very tough gsame for the Rams.....on the road.....The key for me is 3 things:

Win turnover battle (geez get a turnover!!)
    Run effectively
    Shut down Vernon Davis

Tough to do....another spanking for our young team.....

I see Rams losing 31-10........

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

Keys to beating the Whiners?

Score more points than they do.

...simple really.

But seriously, I can't see a scenario where the Rams beat them, except if their bus doesn't make it to the stadium. Ok, that wasn't that serious... But really, it will take a whole lotta weird ball bounces and possible major injuries to key players for the Rams to win this one. They do not match up well with the Whiners at all. The Rams will have no answer for a team with a good TE or really good running game. The Whiners have both. Who will cover Davis? Our safeties? Ugh... Our LB's? Double Ugh...

I'm going to watch this game with both hands over my eyes and hope for a miracle.
    HUbison likes this.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

Key a healthy Amendola. If we can open up the passing game and create some running lanes, we can stay close. Defensively we are going to need the game of the year for our D. Finnegan is going to have to get under some skin. In other words we can't afford any mistakes and the whiners have to be caught off guard. It can happen and I hope it does. Rams 23 Whiners 20 OT.
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

Mr. Gepetto is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by BarronWade View Post
    I know everyone fears the 9ers run D but that is the key to defeating them...I checked out there 2 losses (i know stats dont tell the whole story but) the constant in both losses were the running games...This is the Run games in the 9ers losses:

Vikings:
    Peterson: 86 yards 25att broke off a 20 yarder
    Ponder (QB) 7att 33 yards broke off a 23 yard touchdown

Giants:
    Bradshaw: 27att 116yrds TD 4.3yrd/att
    David Wilson (rookie) 7att 35yrds 5yrds/att broke off a 20 yarder
    Both Ponder and Eli had under 200 yards passing in those wins

So yes the key to beating the ***** is fightoff there biggest strength and RUN the ball!!!!
    Honestly outside of that one 20 yarder, Peterson didn't really have a good day (the combination of Ponder's running and Peterson's contribution is the bigger picture) and Bradshaw got most of his yardage in garbage time when they were running the clock out while up 20+ points. Better examples would be their games against Detroit and Seattle where they never at any point in the game abandoned the run and were able to keep the game close at the end (Detroit didn't have huge rushing numbers but had a good amount of rush attempts that tired out their defense and kept them honest).

The key to beating the 9ers is to play their game and win in time of possession (also don't make mistakes). Teams always come in thinking "well we need to put up a lot of points up FAST against them" and have failed because that's exactly what they want teams to do to them, it plays to their strengths. Green Bay and Buffalo tried that and failed miserably.

9er Defense: They play a lot of man coverage and have been gashed with screen plays (neutralizes pass rush) and bunch formations with rub routes (to beat man coverage). They have not been particularly susceptible to big pass plays thus far so the game plan should be to have short to intermediate passes getting the ball out quick and efficient which should lead to long and methodical drives to tire them out. Definitely need to stay patient with the run game. Seattle had a lot of success with their stretch plays and Lynch cutting back and dragging defenders for 5 more yards.

9er Offense: Don't blitz. Teams have taken Alex Smith lightly and he's quietly made them pay as he's among the top 5 in QBR against 5+ rushers. I know it'll be hard to stop their run game at the same time but if it's an obvious pass situation, you have to play coverage and only rush four. Smith doesn't take a lot of chances and if he doesn't see what he likes he hesitates and makes mistakes whether it be taking a sack or throwing an errant pass. Smith had no answer to 7 guys dropping back against Seattle until the 2nd half where he decided to just check it down to Gore. Vernon Davis has only had one catch in their last two games and their receivers have had to step up in his stead -- keep it that way. They had trouble against Seattle when Davis was shut down but bounced back with Crabtree having a big day against Arizona. Do the same and make Crabtree prove he can fill those shoes -- honestly, if Patrick Peterson didn't miss so many tackles Crabtree wouldn't have half the yardage he had last week. Their wideouts are not good at beating man coverage at all, you just have to push the envelope and be physical with them even beyond 5 yards. Seattle got away with a lot of contact down field against them so you have to feel the refs out a bit and see what they're willing to call. Usually they'll only call it if the ball is thrown their way but if their receivers are all locked up, Smith won't throw them the ball anyways thus no-call.

9er Coaching Staff: Hope they get cute with the gameplan again. They tried that 4 or 5 game experiment with Kaepernick with mixed results -- pretty successful in the first couple games but became really really detrimental the more he started seeing play time. After the Giants game it seems like every time they put him on the field they'd lose yardage and then Smith would come out and throw a pick the VERY next play as if he was trying to make something happen (happened in the Giants and Seahawks games). The media tagline against them has been "they can't comeback down 14+ points" but last year they had 6 4th quarter comeback victories (including the playoffs) with only the Giants having more. The real thing is getting them to make mistakes and turn the ball over and converting those into points. Overcoming points versus overcoming points off turnovers is psychologically different. Against the Giants they turned the ball over early and couldn't recover and really packed it in by the 3rd quarter with no fight left in them and when Smith threw that redzone INT against Seattle the offense went into turtle mode for the rest of the game.
    Last edited by Mr. Gepetto; -11-06-2012 at 06:46 AM.

general counsel is offline Registered User

Prayer. And touchdowns in the red zone.

ramming speed to all

general counsel
    Nick likes this.

mh-i is offline Registered User

A cable car accident.

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by mh-i View Post
    A cable car accident.

it can happen... why not
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

We're gonna' have to play an outstanding football game, no doubt about it. I'd like to think they've taken this extra time during the bye week to lick their wounds and regain their pride following the disaster in London & hopefully come ready to give a great performance on Sunday. It would be great to see the Rams get a signature win vs. a quality opponent, but I'm not sure they're ready yet. We'll soon see.

gap
    gap is offline Registered User

pay the officials more than the league and vegas are paying them.

gap

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast