Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Our next WR needs to be a Brandon Marshall/VJax/Calvin Johnson type.

sosa39rams is online now Registered User

Re: Our next WR needs to be a Brandon Marshall/VJax/Calvin Johnson type.

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel View Post
    First round pick for Larry Fitz anyone? The cards have to be in full rebuilding mode

sda
    I wish the Cards made a stupid mistake like that. Giving a top 3 WR in the league to a divisional rival? Its like suicide. I'd TOTALLY take the deal though!

THE DREAM TEAM

md8
    md8 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Fortuninerhater View Post
    Trust me when I say that Dwayne Bowe is overrated. Had him on my fantasy team, so I know first hand. In too many games you can't tell if he's KC's number one receiver or number 3.

QB play obviously has a lot to do with his production, but at this point, just say "no" to Bowe.
    Without looking it up, I'm pretty sure he's lead the team in yardage and catches pretty much every game. He's been just a decent fantasy WR this year, but usually he's better. I believe his problem is KC has trouble scoring and getting even 200 passing yards a game.

I wouldn't hate Jennings or Wallace, but I agree with the OP that I like one of my top 2 WRs to be a big guy like Bowe. I hope we don't draft another WR in the first round. There are no sure things in this draft class, and even if the WR we draft turns out good, it could take a couple years. Quick could still turn out to be this guy. He came from a small school so it's not surprising that it would take him 2 or 3 years to turn into something.

bruce4life is offline Registered User

Our next WR needs to be a Brandon Marshall/VJax/Calvin Johnson type.

Brian Quick is the wild card 100%. He has shown flashes of his skill set this season.

BarronWade is offline Registered User

Trust me when I say that Dwayne Bowe is overrated. Had him on my fantasy team, so I know first hand. In too many games you can't tell if he's KC's number one receiver or number 3.

QB play obviously has a lot to do with his production, but at this point, just say "no" to Bowe.
    Really we are bringing fantasy football into this well I also had Dwayne Bowe in my league but i traded him for lawfirm because i needed a RB and in the beginning he did pretty well

I dont understand how someone can be overrated just because there fantasy are Dwayne Bowe is obviously the #1 he has 114 targets (next is McCluster with 64) this season he may look like the #3 when brady quinn is at QB because Brady Quinn throws the shork dink everytime (except for that carolina game when threw a few nice ones)

When his team and QB were playing good in 2010 the guy kept coming down with huge TD receptions and thats what he need

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

I get the basic point here, in terms of the Rams needing a big receiver who can out-muscle DBs for the ball in key situations.

I wonder, though, if the best way to fill that need might be to look at a guy like Tyler Eifert in the draft.
    Rambos and RuffRams like this.

RuffRams is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    I get the basic point here, in terms of the Rams needing a big receiver who can out-muscle DBs for the ball in key situations.

I wonder, though, if the best way to fill that need might be to look at a guy like Tyler Eifert in the draft.
    I wouldn't mind that. Especially if Quick pans out better

citr92 is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamOG View Post
    I wouldn't mind that. Especially if Quick pans out better
    same here, even as an SC fan, having a 6'7'' guy is hard to pass up, i don't try to rip on rival players as long as they're not a diva lol

although i think zack ertz from stanford is a better player imo, he's 6'6'' and has made some spectacular catches, and all his numbers are better too

i'd be fine with either one though
    Last edited by citr92; -12-10-2012 at 05:28 PM.

Rambos is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post

That's who I have us taking.. all 6'5 252 LBS

Two TE set: plenty of options for Bradford.

Givens
    Eifert
    Kendricks
    Quick
    SJax

svh01 is offline Registered User

maybe we can do like San Diego and get someone like that Danario Alexander kid! He seems to have the speed, size and play making ability we need.....

Fastcat is offline Registered User

We already have that guy on our roster, he just needs time to DEVELOPE. You dont give up on a 2nd pick in a year. 2 plays that come into mind.

1. In the 1st 49er game when he out muscled the cb, in press coverage, pushed him down and caught a td pass.

2. Yesterday, i think he only had one catch. Well that catch was on 3rd down we ran the route about a yard or 2 short, cuaght the ball and DRAGGED the defender for a 1st down.

Oh yea, im talking about Brian Quick
    Rambos and Rammed like this.

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by BarronWade View Post
    Really we are bringing fantasy football into this well I also had Dwayne Bowe in my league but i traded him for lawfirm because i needed a RB and in the beginning he did pretty well

I dont understand how someone can be overrated just because there fantasy are Dwayne Bowe is obviously the #1 he has 114 targets (next is McCluster with 64) this season he may look like the #3 when brady quinn is at QB because Brady Quinn throws the shork dink everytime (except for that carolina game when threw a few nice ones)

When his team and QB were playing good in 2010 the guy kept coming down with huge TD receptions and thats what he need
    What better way to find out what kind of receiver he is than to watch everything he does, because he's on your fantasy team. Fantasy football has certainly increased my knowledge of particular players because I have been forced to examine them inside and out.

And though a lot depends on the QB, Bowe has been nothing spectacular, for the last two years IMO.

Fastcat is offline Registered User

What better way to find out what kind of receiver he is than to watch everything he does, because he's on your fantasy team. Fantasy football has certainly increased my knowledge of particular players because I have been forced to examine them inside and out.

And though a lot depends on the QB, Bowe has been nothing spectacular, for the last two years IMO.
    Exactly!!! Fantasy will have u follow a certain team all season and disect EVERYTHING. Whoever made that post (asking how could you value fantasy fb) must not play it. Part of the reason im not sold on Bradford (ever becoming elite) is becuase of fantasy, but thats another topic for anolther day, lol.

bradwill is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Fastcat View Post
    Exactly!!! Fantasy will have u follow a certain team all season and disect EVERYTHING. Whoever made that post (asking how could you value fantasy fb) must not play it. Part of the reason im not sold on Bradford (ever becoming elite) is becuase of fantasy, but thats another topic for anolther day, lol.
    Well, under FF scoring, Larry Fitzgerald has been a real nothing this year and wasn't anything elite last year. Eli Manning has never been a "great FF QB" but is a two-time SB MVP.

I agree that being deep into FF does force you evaluate a lot of players continually as well as who they happen to be facing that week, but it's certainly not the end-all of judging player talent.

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

I generally agree with the original post in that we need a primary go to guy who is durable and preferably has some size. A few random thoughts:

1)If there is one entity in sports in our stat-happy video game numbers mentality that completely warps ones' sense of a player's particular value to a club it's fantasy sports teams.
    2)When I think of elite #1 receivers in this league, Dwayne Bowe isn't one of the first guys that come to mind. That's not to say the guy isn't decent- he's just not in a class with the best receivers in football.
    3)We need to do a better job cultivating then keeping talent at the receiver position. We've gotten rid of a number of guys in the last decade who were at least decent, serviceable parts and have done or are doing well for other teams.
    4) I've seen nothing from Brian Quick this season to be overly hopeful or excited about as far as next year is concerned. I hope I'm wrong.
    5) When was the last time the Rams brought in some stud free agent at a skill position? The only guy I can think of as being even remotely close to one is Greg Lloyd- who we unloaded in less than a year and made no effort to re-sign. Unless something drastically changes, it is clear the direction of this team doesn't include overpaying for skill position players.

I think we have to a) once again target somebody in the draft, b) hope Quick materializes, c) keep Amendola, even if it means paying him a bit more than is ideal, and d) coach the hell out of Givens, kendricks and others in whom we've invested high picks.
    Last edited by NJ Ramsfan1; -12-11-2012 at 10:42 AM.
    MauiRam and mde8352gorams like this.

Rambos is offline Registered User

Nice post NJ... I think you meant to type Brandon Lloyd

I can't recall any big time skill player coming to the Rams. We traded for Marshal so he does not count.

I agree with you on cultivating then keeping talent at the receiver position. This regime seems to want to draft and develop their own.

As far as Quick can't say that on game day I have seen nearly enough to say he will be the answer. I do think this FO has done a great job of eventuating talent from what they have done so far. I don't think they got fooled by one workout, so I gotta think they will continue to develop him.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast