• 4 Post By MauiRam
  • 2 Post By mde8352gorams
  • 4 Post By Rambos
  • 1 Post By RamFan_Til_I_Die
  • 1 Post By RebelYell

Thread: Is Our Team Really That Bad?

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Is Our Team Really That Bad?

Yesterday’s game was excruciating to watch. I really believed we would and could compete. We didn’t. One cannot help but wonder what product we will see come Thursday. The only good thing I can remember about yesterday, was the whiners getting their collective butts handed to them handily in their own house. That was as soothing an ointment as could be hoped for after the debacle in Dallas.

Was yesterday’s stomping simply a bad game as in our drubbing by the Cheatriots in London, or was it an indictment of our player talent and coaching staff including our GM? Surely it shakes one’s confidence. As a fan, I have no answer. I do know this: If we lie down against the whiners at home this Thursday, it will be déjà vu in Rams’ land. Bad team, or bad game? Thursday’s contest should go a long ways in answering this question.

Fisher’s teams have been known to play tough physical football. This “rep” was established over a lengthy period, not a flash in the pan. There really isn’t a valid reason to believe Jeff suddenly lost three steps as a coach. I do believe that we can and will regain/display some of the attitude and toughness we witnessed on occasion last year at times. Hopefully we will witness some come Thursday evening.

My only suggestion to Jeff and crew is this: After Dallas what have you got to lose by letting Sam run the offense for a drive or two or three. Sam’s a bright guy, and surely is capable of calling a few plays at a brisk tempo – as in some version of a hurry-up offense. Good Lord, we are paying Bradford millions to lead our team on the field. Perhaps it might be a good time to remove the training wheels for a drive or two?

Jeff pointed out after the Atlanta loss that too much of it (the hurry-up) could result in the Rams’ defense being on the field too long. My recollection of yesterday’s massacre was that our D was on the field too long and too often anyway.

When I first came to live on Maui back in 1970, I learned to free dive and spear fish for a living. Often I would hear the admonition: “Eh bruddah, mo bettah you no go dive dat place. Get plenny shark, an bum bye da shark gonna kau kau yo leg.” For quite a while I listened and was scared. Then one day (in supposed safer waters) I encountered a very large tiger shark while in possession of a stringer full of fish and found out what my gut reaction would be/was. After that encounter, I realized in a very up close and personal way, there is no guarantee one won’t encounter sharks in the ocean – particularly when towing bleeding fish. In time I began to view the “shark warnings” as a boon, discovering the diving was usually awesome, as many folks heeded the “warnings” and thus the fish were plentiful and not spooked by the sight of a diver.

Yesterday in Dallas, Fisher, Schotty, Walton, and the entire team saw sharks. Playing it safe did not result in safety. Perhaps this Thursday it might be a good idea to come out swinging. If we lose, I’d rather go down swinging than covering up on the ropes all night. My two cents ..

mde8352gorams is online now Registered User

Re: Is Our Team Really That Bad?

I agree with you Maui. We need to uncover our weapons and start the assault we all hoped for this year. I think this will go a long way towards erasing the memory of yesterday. Thursday night will feature 2 teams desperate to win, so play like its the playoffs and there's no tomorrow. I'm not advocating being reckless, but we need to try some plays that catch opponents off-guard. I think our coaches and players realize this and will put their best effort forward. We are fortunate that Aldon Smith and Patrick Willis will not be on the field, so we have a chance to try things that won't blow-up in or face.

Go Rams!
    MauiRam and macrammer like this.

Rambos is offline Registered User

Was yesterday’s stomping simply a bad game as in our drubbing by the Cheatriots in London, or was it an indictment of our player talent and coaching staff including our GM?
    Last year our defense also started very slow at the beginning of the year. We gave up 27, 29 and 23 points in our first three games last year. Our offense was really bad all year. We started off 1-2 before we beat the Hawks at home to get back to 2-2.

We have an opportunity to play and beat the whiners Thursday night. That will get us back to 2-2 and 2-0 in the west, The Whiners will be 1-3 and 0-2 in the west. The whiners have as many or more issues then we do if you think about it.

I say just a bad game.

Go Rams

citr92 is offline Registered User

too early to tell

and i agree, may have just been a horrible game with no one in sync

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

18 yards in the first half. Yes our offense was that bad.
    live4ramin likes this.

RebelYell is offline Registered User

This team has more talent than last years.
    macrammer likes this.

live4ramin is offline Registered User

Same ol same old. But I hang on.

Come on Fish, give me something. A taste.

Have we been faking it along to ambush the 9s? Diabolical, dude.
    Tell me when it's over,

rNemesis is offline Registered User

Yes, our team is that bad .

Does this anwer your question?

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by rNemesis View Post
    Yes, our team is that bad. Does this anwer your question?
    Not exactly. It does give me your opinion though, and I that's what I was asking for. The Rams really were that bad in Dallas, but it is too soon from my perspective to issue a knee-jerk judgement this early in our season. Last year, the Patsies embarrassed us in England - they wiped the floor with us period. However, by season's end most of us felt things were definitely looking up.

Right now in whiner-land there are probably some fans who are shaken after their drubbing by Indy at home on the heels of their being creamed by Seattle. This Thursday will truly be a crucial game for both teams. Which Rams will show up? The ones we saw last Sunday, or the ones who held the whiners to a loss and a tie last year? I don't have a clue. Rather I am "hoping" for the latter. We shall see as Thursday inexorably approaches ..