Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Our team is shaping up

With the signing of Josh Brown and Jacob Bell we have filled 2 huge voids on our team. I'm guessing Trent Green will be next as our back-up QB. We still have the draft and our #2 pick.....it's getting exciting, for me at least.
    Last edited by laram0; -03-04-2008 at 11:47 PM.

THOLTFAN81 is offline Registered User

Re: Our team is shaping up

With the signing of Josh Brown and Jason Bell we have filled 2 huge voids on our team. I'm guessing Trent Green will be next as our back-up QB. We still have the draft and our #2 pick.....it's getting exciting, for me at least.
    I couldnt agree more. We were predicted super bowl contenders in the preseason and then we realized we had voids. We are filling those voids with signing of J. Bell and J. Brown and we still have the #2 overall pick in every round. We can shock some people next year IMO.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Shaping up is a relative term. I mean, round is a shape also right?

So we signed a kicker who wasn't as effective as Wilkins and a G who has youth and potential. We are still very weak in these areas:

Pass Rush
    Outside LB
    SS
    Nickel and Dime CB
    Tye Hill.....LOL
    WR

Can the draft fix all that?

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

whats wrong with Tye Hill?

I don't think he's very good. It's an inside joke actually...most everyone knows I'm down on him. He's supposed to be our "shutdown" corner but everytime I feel he gets used by the best WR on the other team.

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan View Post
    I don't think he's very good. It's an inside joke actually...most everyone knows I'm down on him. He's supposed to be our "shutdown" corner but everytime I feel he gets used by the best WR on the other team.
    i know what you mean, but id really like to see what he can do if the Rams sustained a decent pass rush. His speed means he isnt going to get beat easily unless the QB has a lot of time. Problem is the Rams usually give the QB A LOT of time

Like I said, it's just my opinion. I thought Brown really has outplayed him. The backup area is where I'm mainly concerned. Bartell is way to inconsistent. Jonathan Wade had a miserable year last year.

Like I said, it's just my opinion. I thought Brown really has outplayed him. The backup area is where I'm mainly concerned. Bartell is way to inconsistent. Jonathan Wade had a miserable year last year.
    i do agree that Brown has looked better, but which one gets thrown on more? i really dont know.

However i dont think last year is a good year to judge them, as the pass rush was wasnt good in the first place, and then Little went down. With Hill and Brown missing time Wade and Bartell were having to play out of position and more than they should have done.

i do want to see more from Hill though, but if he can stay healthy and we grab someone like Long or Gholston in the 1st round then he will do well

Well, the NFL is a violent game and injuries are going to happen every season. If the people that are slotted in positions to "cushion the blow" of injuries don't play up to their potential....what good are they?

Well, the NFL is a violent game and injuries are going to happen every season. If the people that are slotted in positions to "cushion the blow" of injuries don't play up to their potential....what good are they?
    well Wade was meant to be on a developmental season, where he wasnt supposed to play a lot. But he was thrust into playing when he wasnt ready, so i dont think its fair to judge him on last year

Ok...but to other topics. What about LB? I like Culberson but can he take Chillar's place? Can Pisa stay healthy?

What about WR? Bennett has never been a top notch WR, not even at Tennessee. Hagans? What's he done.

moloch41 is offline Registered User

We have a long, long, long way to go before we become a contender. Cutting a bunch of guys and then replacing them with a kicker and lineman with potential isn't exactly putting us on the fast track to success. I don't see this team doing very well this year unless they pull off some more signings or trades. Our offense consists of one legitimate receiver who is aging and hampered by injuries the past few years plus a running back who is going to be the sole focus of opposing defenses, a soft defense that hasn't been addressed at all, and a head coach that has shown a tremendous lack of guts and imagination. Excuse me if I don't start drinking the Kool Aid just yet...

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by moloch41 View Post
    We have a long, long, long way to go before we become a contender. Cutting a bunch of guys and then replacing them with a kicker and lineman with potential isn't exactly putting us on the fast track to success. I don't see this team doing very well this year unless they pull off some more signings or trades. Our offense consists of one legitimate receiver who is aging and hampered by injuries the past few years plus a running back who is going to be the sole focus of opposing defenses, a soft defense that hasn't been addressed at all, and a head coach that has shown a tremendous lack of guts and imagination. Excuse me if I don't start drinking the Kool Aid just yet...
    Our skill players are pretty good:
    Marc Bulger
    Torry Holt
    Drew Bennett ( comeback year ahead)
    Randy McMichael
    Steven Jackson

A healthy O-line with Jason Bell added should do just fine.

Replacing "MONEY" was big.

Our defense did show a slight improvement from 2006 to 2007. Let's not forget our injury riddled offense put the "D" in some very tough situatuions all season long. (Still have the draft ahead of us and picking #2)

Again, I'm looking forward to the 2008 season with excitement. I'm definitely drinking the KOOL-AID, starting now.

cfh128 is offline Registered User

Don't forget our injury riddled D from last year.

We weren't starting Lenny Walls by choice, you know...

moloch41 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    Our skill players are pretty good:
    Marc Bulger
    Torry Holt
    Drew Bennett ( comeback year ahead)
    Randy McMichael
    Steven Jackson

A healthy O-line with Jason Bell added should do just fine.

Replacing "MONEY" was big.

Our defense did show a slight improvement from 2006 to 2007. Let's not forget our injury riddled offense put the "D" in some very tough situatuions all season long. (Still have the draft ahead of us and picking #2)

Again, I'm looking forward to the 2008 season with excitement. I'm definitely drinking the KOOL-AID, starting now.
    The defense was soft- especially in the second half this season. Part of it was the personnel and part of it was Haslett losing his balls at halftime. We got destroyed by every good offense we played. There is nothing that has happened since Haslett's arrival to give me any hope that it will be better next season- especially if we don't address it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. -03-04-2008, 11:44 AM