Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 21
  1. #1
    laram0's Avatar
    laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Age
    57
    Posts
    9,220
    Rep Power
    108

    Our team is shaping up

    With the signing of Josh Brown and Jacob Bell we have filled 2 huge voids on our team. I'm guessing Trent Green will be next as our back-up QB. We still have the draft and our #2 pick.....it's getting exciting, for me at least.
    Last edited by laram0; -03-04-2008 at 11:47 PM.


  2. #2
    THOLTFAN81's Avatar
    THOLTFAN81 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    1,938
    Rep Power
    25

    Re: Our team is shaping up

    With the signing of Josh Brown and Jason Bell we have filled 2 huge voids on our team. I'm guessing Trent Green will be next as our back-up QB. We still have the draft and our #2 pick.....it's getting exciting, for me at least.
    I couldnt agree more. We were predicted super bowl contenders in the preseason and then we realized we had voids. We are filling those voids with signing of J. Bell and J. Brown and we still have the #2 overall pick in every round. We can shock some people next year IMO.

  3. #3
    txramsfan's Avatar
    txramsfan is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Poplar Bluff, MO
    Age
    50
    Posts
    7,266
    Rep Power
    65

    Re: Our team is shaping up

    Shaping up is a relative term. I mean, round is a shape also right?

    So we signed a kicker who wasn't as effective as Wilkins and a G who has youth and potential. We are still very weak in these areas:

    Pass Rush
    Outside LB
    SS
    Nickel and Dime CB
    Tye Hill.....LOL
    WR

    Can the draft fix all that?

  4. #4
    tomahawk247's Avatar
    tomahawk247 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Essex, England
    Age
    27
    Posts
    4,727
    Rep Power
    57

    Re: Our team is shaping up

    whats wrong with Tye Hill?

  5. #5
    txramsfan's Avatar
    txramsfan is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Poplar Bluff, MO
    Age
    50
    Posts
    7,266
    Rep Power
    65

    Re: Our team is shaping up

    I don't think he's very good. It's an inside joke actually...most everyone knows I'm down on him. He's supposed to be our "shutdown" corner but everytime I feel he gets used by the best WR on the other team.

  6. #6
    tomahawk247's Avatar
    tomahawk247 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Essex, England
    Age
    27
    Posts
    4,727
    Rep Power
    57

    Re: Our team is shaping up

    Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan View Post
    I don't think he's very good. It's an inside joke actually...most everyone knows I'm down on him. He's supposed to be our "shutdown" corner but everytime I feel he gets used by the best WR on the other team.
    i know what you mean, but id really like to see what he can do if the Rams sustained a decent pass rush. His speed means he isnt going to get beat easily unless the QB has a lot of time. Problem is the Rams usually give the QB A LOT of time

  7. #7
    txramsfan's Avatar
    txramsfan is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Poplar Bluff, MO
    Age
    50
    Posts
    7,266
    Rep Power
    65

    Re: Our team is shaping up

    Like I said, it's just my opinion. I thought Brown really has outplayed him. The backup area is where I'm mainly concerned. Bartell is way to inconsistent. Jonathan Wade had a miserable year last year.

  8. #8
    tomahawk247's Avatar
    tomahawk247 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Essex, England
    Age
    27
    Posts
    4,727
    Rep Power
    57

    Re: Our team is shaping up

    Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan View Post
    Like I said, it's just my opinion. I thought Brown really has outplayed him. The backup area is where I'm mainly concerned. Bartell is way to inconsistent. Jonathan Wade had a miserable year last year.
    i do agree that Brown has looked better, but which one gets thrown on more? i really dont know.

    However i dont think last year is a good year to judge them, as the pass rush was wasnt good in the first place, and then Little went down. With Hill and Brown missing time Wade and Bartell were having to play out of position and more than they should have done.

    i do want to see more from Hill though, but if he can stay healthy and we grab someone like Long or Gholston in the 1st round then he will do well

  9. #9
    txramsfan's Avatar
    txramsfan is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Poplar Bluff, MO
    Age
    50
    Posts
    7,266
    Rep Power
    65

    Re: Our team is shaping up

    Well, the NFL is a violent game and injuries are going to happen every season. If the people that are slotted in positions to "cushion the blow" of injuries don't play up to their potential....what good are they?

  10. #10
    tomahawk247's Avatar
    tomahawk247 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Essex, England
    Age
    27
    Posts
    4,727
    Rep Power
    57

    Re: Our team is shaping up

    Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan View Post
    Well, the NFL is a violent game and injuries are going to happen every season. If the people that are slotted in positions to "cushion the blow" of injuries don't play up to their potential....what good are they?
    well Wade was meant to be on a developmental season, where he wasnt supposed to play a lot. But he was thrust into playing when he wasnt ready, so i dont think its fair to judge him on last year

  11. #11
    txramsfan's Avatar
    txramsfan is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Poplar Bluff, MO
    Age
    50
    Posts
    7,266
    Rep Power
    65

    Re: Our team is shaping up

    Ok...but to other topics. What about LB? I like Culberson but can he take Chillar's place? Can Pisa stay healthy?

    What about WR? Bennett has never been a top notch WR, not even at Tennessee. Hagans? What's he done.

  12. #12
    moloch41's Avatar
    moloch41 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    1,617
    Rep Power
    20

    Re: Our team is shaping up

    We have a long, long, long way to go before we become a contender. Cutting a bunch of guys and then replacing them with a kicker and lineman with potential isn't exactly putting us on the fast track to success. I don't see this team doing very well this year unless they pull off some more signings or trades. Our offense consists of one legitimate receiver who is aging and hampered by injuries the past few years plus a running back who is going to be the sole focus of opposing defenses, a soft defense that hasn't been addressed at all, and a head coach that has shown a tremendous lack of guts and imagination. Excuse me if I don't start drinking the Kool Aid just yet...

  13. #13
    laram0's Avatar
    laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Age
    57
    Posts
    9,220
    Rep Power
    108

    Re: Our team is shaping up

    Quote Originally Posted by moloch41 View Post
    We have a long, long, long way to go before we become a contender. Cutting a bunch of guys and then replacing them with a kicker and lineman with potential isn't exactly putting us on the fast track to success. I don't see this team doing very well this year unless they pull off some more signings or trades. Our offense consists of one legitimate receiver who is aging and hampered by injuries the past few years plus a running back who is going to be the sole focus of opposing defenses, a soft defense that hasn't been addressed at all, and a head coach that has shown a tremendous lack of guts and imagination. Excuse me if I don't start drinking the Kool Aid just yet...
    Our skill players are pretty good:
    Marc Bulger
    Torry Holt
    Drew Bennett ( comeback year ahead)
    Randy McMichael
    Steven Jackson

    A healthy O-line with Jason Bell added should do just fine.

    Replacing "MONEY" was big.

    Our defense did show a slight improvement from 2006 to 2007. Let's not forget our injury riddled offense put the "D" in some very tough situatuions all season long. (Still have the draft ahead of us and picking #2)

    Again, I'm looking forward to the 2008 season with excitement. I'm definitely drinking the KOOL-AID, starting now.

  14. #14
    cfh128's Avatar
    cfh128 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Syracuse, NY
    Age
    31
    Posts
    781
    Rep Power
    29

    Re: Our team is shaping up

    Don't forget our injury riddled D from last year.

    We weren't starting Lenny Walls by choice, you know...

  15. #15
    moloch41's Avatar
    moloch41 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    1,617
    Rep Power
    20

    Re: Our team is shaping up

    Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    Our skill players are pretty good:
    Marc Bulger
    Torry Holt
    Drew Bennett ( comeback year ahead)
    Randy McMichael
    Steven Jackson

    A healthy O-line with Jason Bell added should do just fine.

    Replacing "MONEY" was big.

    Our defense did show a slight improvement from 2006 to 2007. Let's not forget our injury riddled offense put the "D" in some very tough situatuions all season long. (Still have the draft ahead of us and picking #2)

    Again, I'm looking forward to the 2008 season with excitement. I'm definitely drinking the KOOL-AID, starting now.
    The defense was soft- especially in the second half this season. Part of it was the personnel and part of it was Haslett losing his balls at halftime. We got destroyed by every good offense we played. There is nothing that has happened since Haslett's arrival to give me any hope that it will be better next season- especially if we don't address it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

  1. -03-04-2008, 11:44 AM

Similar Threads

  1. Postgame With Gordo
    By RamWraith in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: -12-10-2007, 03:32 PM
  2. Postgame With Gordo
    By RamWraith in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: -10-14-2007, 08:47 PM
  3. Jim Thomas Live
    By RamWraith in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: -09-26-2007, 08:01 AM
  4. Lots of good team quotes for the week
    By RamWraith in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: -09-19-2007, 06:56 PM
  5. Been a hard week for me
    By RamWraith in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: -10-15-2006, 04:44 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •