Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Fat Pang is offline Registered User

Re: Over rated players????

How can anyone on a 3-13 team be overrated?

Drew is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    Gentlemen.........how could anybody on this team be overrated? All year long they played like crap, and were rated as.....well, crap. Nobody on this team is overrated.
    and thats the bottom line...you could say one or two are underrated but not over....atogwe leads the NFC in INTS yet doesnt get his week on the beach as just one example.
    sure the team as a whole didnt get it done but every team in the NFL has SOME good players, even the `phins,falcons,faiders and dare i say it ,40 whiners!
    did i say that or just think it?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

BEER is offline Registered User

Thumbs down Re: Over rated players????

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    Gentlemen.........how could anybody on this team be overrated? All year long they played like crap, and were rated as.....well, crap. Nobody on this team is overrated.
    Now thats funny. LOL.. Truth, as truth should be spoken..

Ramer is offline Registered User

Hey BrokenWing, Good job with those stats. I think if Bulger had a OL this year his rating would have been right up there. Over Rated, No way!

AtlantaRamFan is online now Registered User

I think HUb put it perfectly. I think you need to qualify "overrated" are we talking overrated by NFL fans in general? Just Ram fans? Writers? To be overrated, most people have to think the player is much better than they really are, with the minority of people calling that player overrated. So with Bennett, who actually thought he was good last year? Any takers? Didn't think so. You could nominated Bulger (because most people believe he's good) but you'd be hard pressed to come up with a good reason that he's worse than most people think. So like Hub said, who on this team was good enough to qualify as "overrated"? Nobody

rammiser is offline Registered User

I love all the Bulger haters. He has no arm LOL, how long have you been watching Rams football. I've seen him throw plenty of deep balls to Holt. They are usually right on the money. The major flaw in Beers post is he says that we hardly threw down field. Maybe you didnt notice the decimated o-line this year where Bulger was being pummeled by defensive lineman right after the snap. Myabe you shouldnt be blaming Bulger for the lack of deep throws you should blame play calling and the o-line. I love these empty posts with no solution. What is your solution if Bulger is so bad. Everyone that doesnt like Bulger never seems to have a solution for who he should be replaced with. I've been over this before don't tell me we should draft a rookie because that rookie wont be ready for 3 or four years if he's any good. Bulger is a very good qb and his NFL peers recognize that, the amazing thing is a lot of Rams fans dont.

Watch this looks like the ball goes 50 plus yds in the air, but he cant throw past 30 yds.

YouTube - Torry Holt TD Catch
    Just Fix It

ramsanddodgers is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    The stats for passes of 20+ and 40+ yards can be misleading. For instance YAC (yards after the catch) has to be taken into consideration. For example: A 1 yard pass (actual distance the ball is in the air) could end up being a 60 yard gain.
    Exactly my point when comparing players and accomplishments, laram.

Stats are all we have but can so easily manipulated.
    RnD

GO RAMS!!

BrokenWing is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RAMarkable View Post
    Well, from all of this analysis I guess we can conclude that Mark Bulger does NOT, in fact, have a BrokenWing.

WHAT SAY YE?

That was truly funny.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaRamFan View Post
    I think HUb put it perfectly. I think you need to qualify "overrated" are we talking overrated by NFL fans in general? Just Ram fans? Writers? To be overrated, most people have to think the player is much better than they really are, with the minority of people calling that player overrated. So with Bennett, who actually thought he was good last year? Any takers? Didn't think so. You could nominated Bulger (because most people believe he's good) but you'd be hard pressed to come up with a good reason that he's worse than most people think. So like Hub said, who on this team was good enough to qualify as "overrated"? Nobody
    Bennett is good...bottom line. He didn't show us anything last season. Whether it was team injuries, lack of chemistry or injuries he was battling.

He did not play up to his capabilities = overrated

:r:l

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Overrated is an overrated concept.

How about overpaid?

Bennett tops the list there.

AtlantaRamFan is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    Bennett is good...bottom line. He didn't show us anything last season. Whether it was team injuries, lack of chemistry or injuries he was battling.

He did not play up to his capabilities = overrated

:r:l
    How is Bennett good? Other than his one standout year with Tennessee, he's had 2 with 730+ and 4 with 504yds or less. I don't see how he's anything more than average. I'd consider him more of a bust than I would overrated. In hindsight he might have been overrated going into the season, but I don't see how he's overrated now. Unless there are people out there calling him a great receiver and I'm just missing it.

Fargo Ram Fan is offline Registered User

Bennett has been living on the reputation of ONE big season in his SEVEN year career. The guy has NEVER topped 750 yds or had even as many as 5 TDs in 6 of 7 years. There are clearly good reasons why a team who is so thin at WR (Tenn) would let this guy walk. He STRUGGLES to be AVERAGE in the NFL. Whatever theyre paying him...its probably wayyyy too much.
    "You people point your 'f'in' finger and say theres the bad guy....what that make you....good?" Tony Montana

BEER is offline Registered User

Talking Re: Over rated players????

Quote Originally Posted by RAMarkable View Post
    Well, from all of this analysis I guess we can conclude that Mark Bulger does NOT, in fact, have a BrokenWing.

WHAT SAY YE?
    "YAC" is what I say..Those are not deep balls, they are 20, 30 yard pass that
    get 10 more yards.. A true deep ball is thrown 40-60 yards and thats what
    im talking about.

BrokenWing is offline Registered User

When you say all, does that mean you've watched every single deep pass several times over to make sure not one single pass was actually thrown deep? Because otherwise you're making a wild assumption based on a clear bias against Marc Bulger. The fact that we all saw him throw a deep pass just last year against Seattle suggests your premis is incorrect.

As for "yac" if all of that is YAC, why all the complaints from Rams fans that our wide recievers don't do enough to get YAC, That they dive to the ground too soon, rather than try to escape defenders?

Look, if you dislike him because of the Warner issue, or just because, just be honest and come out and say it. You've never once used any facts what so ever to back up your claims, you have merely made general statements and hoped for the best.

Also, you just said some of those passes were for at least 30 yards, if that's true, what happened to your assumption that Bulger can't throw a 30+ yard pass?

ramsanddodgers is offline Registered User

Bulger detractors VS Bulger apologists... gotta love it.

This has been an ongoing theme since Warner was injured and then let go. Every Rams message board I visit feels the need to re-visit this debate on a regular basis.

Right or wrong, weak or strong Bulger appears to be our QB for at least the next several years, barring injury. While he is a good QB and ranks among the best in the NFL he (like probably every QB in the league) will always have his detractors, and that is okay.

Just remember what Grandpa said, "It's good that people like different things because if everybody liked the same thing everybody would be after Grandma!".

So, while good natured discussions and difference of opinions make for a good message board, just remember that is all they are. Opinions. Everyone is entitled to their own and deserve their own.

BTW, it is not unusual for teams running any version of the Modified West Coast Offense to have a large part of their passing offense made to look good by a horizontal passing game with large amounts of YAC. Hopefully this short game will allow for the occasional "bomb" as the DB's creep up and allow the WR's to get beyond them.

But then, as we all know, this is dependent on a healthy OL to give the QB time to make reads and receivers to get open?
    RnD

GO RAMS!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. -02-20-2008, 06:49 PM