Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Pace May Be Out - Bulger Speaks Up, To Haslett's Delight

By Bill Coats
    St. Louis Post-Dispatch

Two years ago, moments after an ugly two-touchdown loss to Arizona at the Edward Jones Dome, quarterback Marc Bulger stunned his teammates by ripping into players that he felt weren’t preparing properly, didn’t care whether the Rams won or lost, and weren’t bothered by their recurring mistakes.

By nature, Bulger is a quiet guy who always has preferred to lead by example rather than with words. Yet in the wake of the Scott Linehan firing, Bulger appears to be stepping up vocally. He grabbed center stage and talked to the team Friday, in advance of the game at Washington, and also addressed the players in the locker room after the 19-17 victory that ended an eight-game losing streak.

Bulger didn’t want to discuss the gist of his talks. “I’m not going to say specifically what I said to the guys,” he said. But Jim Haslett — Linehan’s successor — said he’s happy to see his quarterback expressing his views.

“He’s doing a nice job of running this team,” Haslett said. “He’s the leader of this team, and he’s kind of taken over. I’m proud of him, and I’m glad the way he’s doing things.”

<><><>

Notes & quotes:

*Bulger has thrown the ball well in practice despite jamming his right index finger vs. the Redskins. “It’s black and blue and puffed up. But he’s a tough guy,” Haslett said.

*With CB Fakhir Brown back on the roster and back in the lineup, Jason Craft replaces Jonathan Wade as the nickel back. Craft started the last two games, after Brown was released.

*Thursday’s full-pads practice was particularly physical, but also a bit sloppy. Several dropped passes and pre-snap penalties impeded the tempo.

*Rookie CB Justin King finally has shed the walking boot that he’d been wearing since breaking a bone in his foot in the preseason, necessitating season-ending surgery. “I’m done with the boot,” King said happily. “It was a long process, but I’m starting to see some light at the end of the tunnel.” King was a fourth-round draftee from Penn State.

*LT Orlando Pace is going to test his sore thigh in practice Friday. Chances are, Adam Goldberg will get the start Sunday vs. the Cowboys.

*Haslett said he wasn’t concerned whether sore-fingered Tony Romo or Brad Johnson quarterbacks the Cowboys. “This is a great football team, with a lot of talent,” Haslett said. “And if you’re going to play them, play them with their best. If (Romo) plays, we’ll deal with it.”

All for now . . .

Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce
    Tre was running great against an awful NYG run defense. 5.8 YPC yet he only gets 13 carries. I can't wait until the Rams abandon you, Schotty.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Pace May Be Out - Bulger Speaks Up, To Haslett's Delight

I find it interesting how we're reading about a different Marc Bulger since Linehan was let go. What was it that turned our team sour on Linehan?

Marc is our team leader and he's really starting to apply himself to that role.

This is going to be a very interesting Sunday. Cowboys beware!

GO RAMS!

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

I just hope he looked in the mirror before he ripped anybody else.

Marc Bulger Fan is offline Awaiting Email Conformation

it doesn't say he ripped into anyone, it says he talked to the team before the game on friday and after the game. There's nothing in that report that states he ripped into the team.

eldfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    I find it interesting how we're reading about a different Marc Bulger since Linehan was let go. What was it that turned our team sour on Linehan?

Marc is our team leader and he's really starting to apply himself to that role.

This is going to be a very interesting Sunday. Cowboys beware!

GO RAMS!
    Thats great I hope it translate to better offense numbers our passing game is horrific.
    :ramlogo:

Mooselini Guest

I hope this offense puts up some yards in the air. What is sad is our RUNNING BACK is our leading receiver. That needs to change quick.

Having Burton back might help.

HOWEVER, we have a big problem. Goldberg is back in the line up and Leckey might still be in there.....

dgr828 is offline Registered User

Talk is cheap, ACTION JACKSON speaks louder than words.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

itsguud is offline Registered User

I think it is time to replace Pace. It is absolutely pointless to continue to rely on him as a starter on this team. He gets hurt and our line loses all compatibility and we have to bring in some guy who usually sucks. We need a new LT and to dump Pace by the end of this season.

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Fortuninerhater View Post
    I just hope he looked in the mirror before he ripped anybody else.
    And yet, you tell me that I need to read the posts before I say something asinine?

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Mooselini View Post
    I hope this offense puts up some yards in the air. What is sad is our RUNNING BACK is our leading receiver. That needs to change quick.

Having Burton back might help.

HOWEVER, we have a big problem. Goldberg is back in the line up and Leckey might still be in there.....
    Let's not forget that Goldberg was in their at the end of the game against the 'Skins and looked just fine. He didn't play well when he was playing guard, but it's a completely different role than tackle. Adam looked good in preseason at the LT spot, let's see what he has ....

HUbison is online now Superbowl MVP

For all the blasting the Rams passing game is catching from the fans, the oddity is the running game is ranked lower (by yards) at 30th than the passing game at 28th.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

eldfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    For all the blasting the Rams passing game is catching from the fans, the oddity is the running game is ranked lower (by yards) at 30th than the passing game at 28th.
    I hope that is not a endorsement of our high power passing game. I believe points comes through the passing game. A 28 rank passing and a 30 rank ground game is not going to get it done, all I am saying it needs to improve.
    :ramlogo:

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

I am glad Bulger is stepping up and speaking out. We need leaders on this team. I wore my Bulger jersey to the skins game in hopes that the offense would be able to move the ball. They did alright. Maybe they can score more against the Cowboys.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

HUbison is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by eldfan View Post
    I hope that is not a endorsement of our high power passing game.
    Of course not.

Rather it is a comment on how the passing game has been skewered by fans, but the running game has actually performed worse in relation to the rest of the league.

Don't get me wrong, eldfan.........the only ball carrier getting it done in this offense is the one that shows up on 4th down.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    Don't get me wrong, eldfan.........the only ball carrier getting it done in this offense is the one that shows up on 4th down.
    Are you referring to Josh Brown and/or Donnie Jones? Too bad we couldn't have a play where Brown kicks the ball and Torry runs it down and ACTUALLY CATCHES IT AND....WE....SCORE...A ....TOUCHDOWN? Well not really but it was a pleasant thought for awhile.

WHAT SAY YE?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast