RamWraith is offline Registered User

Pace is questionable

ST. LOUIS -- Orlando Pace made a rapid return from a concussion to the St. Louis Rams' lineup last week.

Pace

But the seven-time Pro Bowl offensive tackle was extremely limited in practice due to post-concussion syndrome on Wednesday and will again be listed as questionable for this week. Coach Scott Linehan said it'll be a day-to-day proposition this week and probably for many weeks to come.

"This post-concussion syndrome is something that goes on and on and on for weeks," Linehan said. "We'll just keep an eye on it."

Linehan said Pace wasn't specific about the symptoms.

"He said his head's not quite right and he just doesn't feel quite right," Linehan said. "So we've got to be a little cautious with him as we have been."

The Rams would go with the same alignment they used after Pace was injured in Week 2 if his symptoms do not subside. Left guard Todd Steussie moved to Pace's left tackle spot and Adam Goldberg moved to left guard.

Richie Incognito moved to center from guard in Week 2 after center Andy McCollum was lost for the season with a knee injury.

Pace was hurt on an extra-point attempt in the second quarter at San Francisco when the ***** overloaded his side and bowled him over. He landed hard on his head.

Linehan said he didn't believe it would have been beneficial to hold Pace out last week.

"He improved so much that he was cleared to go," Linehan said. "I'm not sure sitting him would have made him feel any better."

But he said the team would now consider resting Pace if symptoms keep recurring.

Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

Re: Pace is questionable

there were a few of us on this site that said rest him that he may not be 100%,i hope he isnt out for more than a week.

general counsel is offline Registered User

Call the life insurance agent for marc bulger if the Big Man cant play. We need the Big Man on the field. I have confidence he will answer the bell on game day. He can rest during the bye week.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

RamWraith is offline Registered User

Under normal circumstances I would agree. But you don't mess with a mans head. If the guy still has cob webs after a week and half, let him sit. Long term is more important health wise.

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel View Post
    Call the life insurance agent for marc bulger if the Big Man cant play. We need the Big Man on the field. I have confidence he will answer the bell on game day. He can rest during the bye week.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

We're 2-1 and it's a non-division game. The Lions haven't exactly been lights out this season. Sit him and try to get him ready for the Seahawks if he's still having symptoms.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Fat Pang is offline Registered User

Yep, sit him. Concussions aren't something you mess with. I was surprised he played last week.

LaRamsFanLongTime is offline Registered User

This game will be more about defense then offense If we think we can put up 20 w/o him I say rest him.
    LET'S GO DODGERS