Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    general counsel Guest

Pace signs tender, will play vs. arizona

According to an article in the post-dispatch (someone post the link please), The Big Man has signed the tender tonight and immediately began meetings with the coaches. He expects to play on sunday. Dishman will start at guard, with mccollom, timmerman and grant williams.

Poston quote "I instructed him to sign the tender. He is very, very frustrated with the team."

How on gods green earth can Pace be frustrated when no one could negotiate with him before he signed the tender. I love the "I instructed him language" What happened to "I want to get something done" that Pace uttered like a puppet earlier this year. Mr. "I am taking a More Active Role in the Negotiations" was instructed to sign the tender. Sounds very consistent.

Either way, The Big Man is in and this can only help us for 2004, even if it takes some time to get the line together. Maybe a miracle will occur and we will sign him long term.

Ramming Speed to all

general counsel

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Re: Pace signs tender, will play vs. arizona

The team needs him, so I'm glad he's back.

The rest, for now, is just details.

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

*YAWN*

Wake me when Pace signs a long-term deal.

:ramlogo:

well we get the tub of lard back, hip hip hurray...................

majorram is offline Registered User

Well at least we have him back, just hell the hell is he frustrated with the Rams, he has to sign the tender first :bored:

steve :ramlogo:

coy bacon Guest

Okay, he'll play this season. How soon can the Ram's trade him and not be hit on the salary cap? I say we should unload him at the end of this season and get the best deal possible for him.

oldram Guest

Quote Originally Posted by coy bacon
    Okay, he'll play this season. How soon can the Ram's trade him and not be hit on the salary cap? I say we should unload him at the end of this season and get the best deal possible for him.
    Assuming he doesn't sign a long-term contract before the season, after the season, the tender will have expired and he'll again be a free-agent. So there would be no cap hit, but whatever level of compensation is owed the Rams if he signs somewhere else. The way things are set now for a trade to happen, he'd have to work out a contract with the team to which he'd be traded (which also fits within the Rams' cap structure) and then do a sign and trade. Few if any teams seem to be enthralled with negotiating with his agents (quite justifiably it seems), so I don't imagine things are going to happen quickly, if at all.

general counsel Guest

Clarification Old Ram. The rams dont get any compensation unless they tag him again. Otherwise, when his contract expires at the end of this year, he would be an unrestricted free agent and he could do whatever he wanted. We would get a draft pick from the league in the future if that happened, a #3 at best, but no compensation directly from the team that signed him.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

oldram Guest

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel
    Clarification Old Ram. The rams dont get any compensation unless they tag him again. Otherwise, when his contract expires at the end of this year, he would be an unrestricted free agent and he could do whatever he wanted. We would get a draft pick from the league in the future if that happened, a #3 at best, but no compensation directly from the team that signed him.

ramming speed to all

general counsel
    True, I was simply assuming that the pattern of the past couple years (tender contract only and franchise tag) repeated itself.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Though very glad to finally have him back in Rams uniform, I wonder how awkward it must be ... to be around the rest of the team, everyone else having worked long and hard in training camp, responsibly.

As much as I want the Big O to remain a Ram (for sure this season), now I feel in agreement with CoyBacon, to the possibility of releasing him next year. I've seen enough of this "holdout specialty".

It's time to go to work Orlando. Do your due diligence with honest dedication, with All-Pro form and loyalty! No favoritism or special privileges -- quite the contrary, you owe the team for their patience and friendship.

Do your thing at OT for the team. DO IT!

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

I am done with the drama, the effort and money that goes into convincing Pace to play for the Rams. I can't believe he gets to skip the pre-season and then land $7 Million for the season. It doesn't seem right to me. I find it offensive that an offensive lineman can make this kind of money.

I know he is rated as a very good/pro-bowl type player, but I would not pursue a contract with him if I ran the HO.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

with the money we save from the uniform, we should be able to kit the rest of the team out LOL

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge Valdivia
    As much as I want the Big O to remain a Ram (for sure this season), now I feel in agreement with CoyBacon, to the possibility of releasing him next year. I've seen enough of this "holdout specialty".
    I hope by advocating that we release Pace, you mean trade instead. It would be absolutely worthless for us to just release Pace or let him test the market. At least if we could trade him, we'd get some value in return.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

majorram is offline Registered User

I'm sure the merry go around with Pace will start again next off-season, Pace will get the tag again, there is noway the Rams will let their All-PRO walk free for nothing... no way!!!

steve :ramlogo:

adarian_too is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by UtterBlitz
    I find it offensive that an offensive lineman can make this kind of money.
    Is this a matter that linemen don't deserve this kind of money in comparison to QBs or others? Or is it that this lineman shouldn't get this kind of money for his antics? Or shouldn't athletes get this kind of money for playing a sport?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast