Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Re: Pace Update from Glazer

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Soprano View Post
    Teams make deals and get people all the time, we were in no way limited to the waiver wire.
    Really???? Name some LTs that have been traded right before the season started.

BRUUUUUUUUCE

Tony Soprano is offline Registered User

Name some teams that had a Starting Older OT returning from Injury and had the third OT go down and they didn't attempt to upgrade the position.

Doesn't have to be a Left Tackle. Barron would switch.

916niner is offline Registered User

Well we have a certain RT who just got demoted and is actually a LT who was moved to RT a few years back. Have you guys heard of him? :\

bruce4life is offline Registered User

linehan did not know that stuessie was going to get hurt and by the the time the injury occured... it was too late

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Name some teams that had a Starting Older OT returning from Injury and had the third OT go down and not try to upgrade the position.
    Nice try deflecting but the fact is all you want to do is complain. You can't name anyone that we should have picked up at the time. You can't name any trades involving LTs. So all you have is empty complaints.
    BRUUUUUUUUCE

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Doesn't have to be a Left Tackle. Barron would switch.
    Great. So, name any potentially starting tackle that was traded a week before the start of the regular season within the last few years. That should help you out, since it happens all the time, right?

We've been waiting a while for names, and I have a feeling we're going to be waiting even longer. The point being made is it's easy to sit around and say in broad terms what the Rams should do - sign a free agent, trade for a player - but when forced to actually come up with names and get specific, the task is harder.

But that's exactly what the Rams would have to do if they wanted to take your suggestion. They'd need to come up with a name, and the pickings are slim, as evident by your inability to generate even one name or example of a recent trade fitting these parameters.

Not trying to pick on you Tony, but true criticism needs to include a specific viable alternative rather than just broad complaints with no consideration of options.

rams 24/7 is offline Registered User

why is ORLANDO PACE so delicate? every season he seems to go down. Hate to say it but lately he seems like a waste of money and in the way of youngsters oppertunity

ramstough39 is offline Registered User

I really don't know what to say. I hated it last year when he was injured, and I was really excited for him to be back out onto the field for the new season for 2007. I just really hope that the Rams can regroup for the rest of this season and make a big run without Pace. However, it's a long shot.

mikhal5569 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by rams 24/7 View Post
    why is ORLANDO PACE so delicate? every season he seems to go down. Hate to say it but lately he seems like a waste of money and in the way of youngsters oppertunity
    Like I hinted in my first post it might be time time look to the draft to replace Orlando. Hes making way more money than what hes worth now a days and Its hard not to see his productivity continuing to decline.:\
    Last edited by mikhal5569; -09-09-2007 at 11:19 PM.

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I agree. Who out there on the market did Linehan ignore that we should have signed? Kenyatta Walker?! The pickings in September are slim when it comes to decent offensive linemen, and it's a lot harder to give some actual names than it is to simply say something should have been done.
    Speaking of Kenyatta Walker, what happened to him anyway? Wasn't he a 1st round pick? I know he was a disappointment in Tampa and then he had knee surgery last year, but is there any hope for him? I don't know much about why no one wants him, is it possible he has any redeeming qualities and is worth a look?

RamOfDenmark is offline Registered User

Oh God no, season ending! I don't even know what to say, it couldn't get much worse. What a weird injury, the bad luck you'd have to have for that to happen, it looks like he isn't even touched and he's not on the ground or anything. If it had been to the same arm as last year it would be more probable, but how the heck does a completely healthy shoulder/arm get injured just like that with no contact. What a freak accident, can't we ever get a break!

TekeRam is online now Registered User

Well, if it's season ending, then that sucks, but stuff like that happens. We'll find out more after his MRI.

If he's out he's out, there's no point in *****ing about it. As for trades, we didn't have to look for a starting quality LT, just a good enough filler like Stussie was/is.

What do we do now? Well, we wait and see on Pace's condition. If he's gone we have two options, trial by fire on a youngster and help him out by keeping Randy in for protection, or try to get a vet. Quality free agents are slim, but remember, there's about 800 guys that just lost their jobs, about 150 of them have got to be O-linemen dying to get another shot.

Darkfire is offline Registered User

this is rediculous...Every time we have somthing right, it seems like every time we move twords our goal, the they move it to the other side of the field...

81~BIG-GAME is offline Registered User

Unfortunately injuries are part and parcel of pro-sports, it's just bad news for us that it's the starting LT. It's a huge blow and the line now looks like being a major weakness even though Cogs should return soon..

badmoforamfan is offline Registered User

So, would anyone want to speculate who might be replacing him? I would imagine that Barron moves to the left side and who mans the right? Milford Brown?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Maybe not now, but soon.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast