Bruce=GOAT is offline Registered User

@ packers - Very good announcers

I am usually very critical of the commentaters for Rams games, but I must say, Kenny Albert and Brian Baldinger are providing excellent commentary for this game. Albert is very serious as a play by play man (which is great) and "Baldy" provides great "color" as a change of pace announcer. I am just wondering if anyone else has noticed this? We tend to complain when things are not well, but hardly ever compliment outstanding efforts by announcers. This certainly beats Cris Collinsworth to death , doesn't it?

STLRAMSFAN Guest

Re: Very good announcers

It was much more enjoyable listening to the announcers today they were much improved over the Bozo's they normally have especially Maas.

gap Guest

I was forced to watch nfl.com game stats. It just now shows the final 1:56 of the game. For about 20 minutes it stayed at 1:56. Then it switched to 23-20 final, but the game stats ended at 1:56.

gap

Varg6 is offline Registered User

I gotta say I hated the commentaters. They all for the most part annoy me, I only enjoy John and Al now. The guys today, just kept telling me things I already knew, along with the Packers fans I was watching the game with. I don't know, I just didn't like them.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

rams70 is offline Registered User

I agree that the commentators were a good team. I thought they had a good commentary, and were fair to both teams.

Ramkeepr79 is offline Registered User

Overall the announcers were pretty good, except early on, when "Baldy" was calling us the New Orleans Saints :x

rams70 is offline Registered User

I noticed we turned into the Saints also. He finally caught himself after the 3rd or 4th "Saints ' mention.

chiguy is offline Registered User

I disagree. The notion that the Packers were "right where they wanted to be" coming out of halftime when they're down strikes me as kind of stupid.

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Personally, until the start of the fourth quarter, it sounded like they were predicting a Packers win.

Maybe they need me to do the announcing. After 14 years of being a nightclub DJ, and over 7 as an electrician, I think I can really electrify the crowd...:r

But then, with over 7 years as a plumber, too, things might go down the drain.

RealRam is offline Registered User

LOL, RFSam!

Very good job by the commentators, I enjoyed the majority of their remarks.

...Except the over and over and over announcement of the T.O. Vs. Cowboys game, but then, they get paid to do that part of the FOX business.

general counsel is offline Registered User

Announcers over have a few stupid comments, but i think these guys were better than usual. At least we didnt have to listen all game long to a diatribe on how great favre is, which is what you get everytime the packers are on monday night football. It certainly was a moronic comment on them having us right where they wanted us coming out of halftime, when they were killing us and we were still winning.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

fearlessone is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel View Post
    Announcers over have a few stupid comments, but i think these guys were better than usual. At least we didnt have to listen all game long to a diatribe on how great favre is, which is what you get everytime the packers are on monday night football. It certainly was a moronic comment on them having us right where they wanted us coming out of halftime, when they were killing us and we were still winning.

ramming speed to all

general counsel
    I liked the comments about bulger and the poor judgment of a penalty called against us late in the game. Otherwise inho, they were brutal to listen to and
    they acted like they think very much of themselves and being very cool. As Cosell once said, "they had a great grasp of the obvious!"
    Socrates: Surf to live! and Live to Surf!

Bruce=GOAT is offline Registered User

My pet peeve with announcers and the media in general is how they say the word football in every sentence. It would be much easier for them to say ball rather than say the football or a football player constantly. I know that sounds weird, but if you ever pay attention, the word football is mentioned hundreds of times in a football game.