RamWraith is offline Registered User

ON PANIc OVER FAULK:--BERNIE

They're freaked out over who will be the No. 2 running back behind Jackson.

Sky is falling and all of that...

Yo!

Faulk was NEVER in the plans to be the No. 2 back for this year.

NEVER.

As I've been reporting... over and over and over again ... the Rams have a tentative agreement to obtain Michael Bennett from New Orleans. Saints are just waiting to make sure Deuce McAllister is fit, and that Bush will be signed.

--B

ON ALTERNATIVE-BENNETT DEAL:

They've got another deal lined up if that one doesn't go through.... but I can't get the name out of them -- yet.

Deuce is doing great.... and even Benson won't screw up the Bush signing... Rams remain confident they'll get Bennett.

--B

ON DWIGHT SMITH AND SAFETIES:

Not sure about Dwight Smith ... but they like those ex-Saints defenders, for obvious reasons.

Haslett was pretty fired up by Otogwe ... thinks the safeties here are better than he was led to believe.... not sure what he thinks about Smith.

--B

STLRAMSFAN Guest

Re: ON PANIc OVER FAULK:--BERNIE

Quote Originally Posted by RamWraith
    As I've been reporting... over and over and over again ... the Rams have a tentative agreement to obtain Michael Bennett from New Orleans. Saints are just waiting to make sure Deuce McAllister is fit, and that Bush will be signed.

ON ALTERNATIVE-BENNETT DEAL:

They've got another deal lined up if that one doesn't go through.... but I can't get the name out of them -- yet.
    Although I like to hear what might happen. I think if someone really is leaking information to Bernie and the Rams employ him or her then they should be fired. It cannot help the team by Bernie babbling about what his source says is going down. It could affect the potential deal and it contradicts what the team is saying they are doing which is waiting on Faulks decision in this point.
    Last edited by STLRAMSFAN; -07-21-2006 at 10:17 PM.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Yo!

NEVER.
    This is ridiculous. If Faulk was never - "NEVER" - in the plans to be the #2 back for this year, then the Rams would have either (1) signed someone for that job in March when guys like Bennett were still available or (2) drafted someone with one of their ten picks to fill that role.

I don't know who Bernie is trying to convince here, but if what he's saying is true, then he's basically calling the front office and coaching staff complete morons, because that's the only logical explanation for a group that knows a guy was "NEVER" going to be the #2 back this year but failed on every level to address the spot.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Bernie
    They're freaked out over who will be the No. 2 running back behind Jackson.

Sky is falling and all of that...

Yo!

NEVER.

--B

Quote Originally Posted by Nick
    This is ridiculous. If Faulk was never - "NEVER" - in the plans to be the #2 back for this year, then the Rams would have either (1) signed someone for that job in March when guys like Bennett were still available or (2) drafted someone with one of their ten picks to fill that role.

I don't know who Bernie is trying to convince here, but if what he's saying is true, then he's basically calling the front office and coaching staff complete morons, because that's the only logical explanation for a group that knows a guy was "NEVER" going to be the #2 back this year but failed on every level to address the spot.
    Exactly Nick, that makes absolutely no sense. We had plenty of time to draft or sign someone else if Faulk was NEVER in the plans to be our #2. I have a hard time believing that the coaching staff and front office knew months ago that Faulk wasn't in our plans as the #2 and did nothing about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce
    Tre was running great against an awful NYG run defense. 5.8 YPC yet he only gets 13 carries. I can't wait until the Rams abandon you, Schotty.