Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: The Panic Room

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

Re: The Panic Room

Quote Originally Posted by NJ Ramsfan1 View Post
    I pointed out this article in a thread entitled "Great Article in Sports Illustrated..." three days ago. Why no love???
    i pointed to the eiffel tower once , i got no love either..damn commie scoundrels.
    Tampa_Ram and lostsoul like this.

macrammer is offline Registered User

well this will make the play and off field life of Ogletree more interesting next year. I admit to knowing little about him but interesting read. Thanks.

Rambos is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by LARAM View Post
    WOW, A 2nd, 3rd, and 4th rounder from Minnesota. HOLY COW!!!! Sorry, but I would have been all over that. That would have been amazing.
    Not sure I would trade back into the second round pass on a first round talent to pick up a 4th over a 6th... that's the difference.

The trade with Atlanta

In moving back, the St. Louis Rams added a third-round pick (No. 92), and a sixth-round selection (No. 198), while Atlanta gets a seventh-round pick in 2015 from the Rams.
    We through in a sweetener and that was the 7th rounder we got for Salas form the Pats. They cut him by the way.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

I think there is only so many times you can pick a guy in rounds 3 to 7 and hope they stick on the team, let alone make an impact. Ogletree is a guy that is a top 15 talent if you take away the red flags. Just like Jenkins. Fisher can manage red flags. It was a good deal, and Ogletree is a pro bowler waiting to happen
    lostsoul likes this.

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

I pointed out this article in a thread entitled "Great Article in Sports Illustrated..." three days ago. Why no love???
    Because he took the time to find this article and post it in its entirety. I googled all over for the blasted thing after I read your post, but came up empty .. Tampa somehow found it on a Australian rugby forum? Good lord! I've never even seen a rugby forum or game for that matter. My entire wealth of knowledge on the subject of rugby would fit in a hollowed out BB and still rattle. Anyhow, I think we are all glad Tampa found and shared it with us ..

Quote Originally Posted by Tampa_Ram View Post
    For those who were wondering, the only place i could find the article online at this time was at...............an Australian rugby forum. Odd i know.
    Tampa_Ram, lostsoul and gap like this.

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Don't feel bad NJ, Rambos didn't get any love either when he posted this a few days before you.

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    Sports Illustrated Senior Writer Peter King was in the Rams War room. He has a piece coming out next week in SI should be cool to read what went down.
    MauiRam likes this.

FestusRam is offline Registered User

There's three really interesting takeaways from Kings article.

1. The Rams obviously believe Ogletree will be a true difference maker by declining the Vikings trade.

2. It appears the Rams aren't completely sold with their current depth at LG if they had plans to take Warford if Ogletree was gone.

3. Its very interesting that they were ready to take Datone Jones as well. Are they not completely sold on Quinn/Long? Or, are they using the NY Giants philosophy of loading up on pass rushers to have a solid rotation. My guess is the latter.

eric2810 is offline Registered User

Great read. I think Datone Jones would of been a great rusher for passing down situations at DT. Warford was another guy I think highly of, but at the end of the day Laurinaitis will have a running mate for years to come at OLB. Ogletree's chase down ability will make a difference for the defense, I don't expect to see many 20+ yard runs anymore, especially with T.J. and Stewart at safety.

FestusRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by eric2810 View Post
    Great read. I think Datone Jones would of been a great rusher for passing down situations at DT. Warford was another guy I think highly of, but at the end of the day Laurinaitis will have a running mate for years to come at OLB. Ogletree's chase down ability will make a difference for the defense, I don't expect to see many 20+ yard runs anymore, especially with T.J. and Stewart at safety.
    I love Ogletrees athleticism and playmaking ability, but he needs to work on shedding blockers. Big guards are really his kryptonite. I hope the transition to 4-3 WLB from 3-4 ILB will do the trick. We know he has the closing speed to make plays all over the field if he's not touched. His coverage ability is a major plus too. That was really Dunbar's downfall so it will be nice to have Ogletree take his place in passing situations.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12