Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Fat Pang is offline Registered User

Re: Pasquarelli on S. Jackson...

The Whiners won more than one SB with a scheme that used the pass to set up the run....................

rams! is offline Registered User

Jackson didn't have to carry it by himself, he showed he could be an impact player. Martz just didn't give him a chance.

I think the pass can set up the run....just a second of hesitation can burn you in the NFL. Just ask Peyton Manning....him and James had great pass action fakes.

I wonder how Peyton will do without James....

general counsel is offline Registered User

Rams!, while its nice to have you and your youthful exuberance here with us at the clan, please note that while there are many who didnt like martz's offense in the later years, there are an awful lot of eductated and experienced fans who have been watching rams football for a long long time (longer than you have been alive in fact) who loved the offense and felt that it was both revolutionary and championship caliber, as proven by the record. Talent limits any system, age, cap considerations etc.

You are too young to have seen the rams in the 1970's when we had the most dominant running game in the nfl and couldnt throw with any kind of consistency and lost year after year in the playoffs.

BigRedMan is correct as usual, this thread is not intended to cause another martz non martz debate. However, to suggest as you have that martz didnt know what he was doing offensively is just not borne out by either the facts or our record. Say what you want about his defensive hirings and some of his personnel choices, but go look at the entire history of the NFL and tell me how many offenses were more effective than the rams during the martz era, and dont forget to include his role as offensive coordinator in the superbowl title year.

Watch some film son and watch steven jackson dancing around not hitting the hole, running sideways on third and short. I am a big jackson fan and i think he is going to have a great career, but dont run off talking about him as a superstar dominant back in the last couple of years. He has also had durability issues.

Our defense has been a joke and was pretty much below average during the entire martz era, we were effective defensively when we were playing with big leads. As they say, the best defense is a good offense.

This year isnt much different. If we stay healthy, our young guys improve AND we score a lot more td's in the red zone, we will look a lot better on defense. But, dont kid yourself into thinking that we have made major upgrades on our defense because until someone can show we MAJOR improvement and health out of kennedy and hargrove, and/or some significant production out of rookies hill and wroten, we have done absolutely NOTHING to improve our pass rush and we have lost the #1 tackler in the nfc at the defensive tackle position.

It all starts up front, and as tx has been pointing out, we have not improved our front four. Is glover/wroten an upgrade from lewis? Sure, but so what. Its an unfair comparison in that the defensive line last year was supposed to be kennedy and pickett and kennedy did next to nothing and i will believe it when i see it (and hope it does indeed happen) that this years kennedy is as productive as last years pickett.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

The Rams were built for the pass to setup the run.
    Well Tx, think we will see them use the run to setup the pass.
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

style="margin:20px; margin-top:5px; ">
    class="smallfont" style="margin-bottom:2px">Quote:
    cellpadding="5" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%"> class="alt2" style="border:1px inset">

Ok, what's up with this stuff?
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12