Like Tree11Likes
  • 7 Post By HUbison
  • 2 Post By sosa39rams
  • 1 Post By Nick
  • 1 Post By HUbison

Thread: Pass me the Kool "A"id

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Pass me the Kool "A"id

Okay, guys, I'm really trying to get those warm fuzzies for the Austin deal. It's going to take some time. And if he is simply Dexter McCluster, then I may never.

But having said all that, here's some things I really like about this (here goes my first sip):

1. Austin has been described as a team first guy (you know; that whole 4 Pillars thing). The analysts have said it's very rare that a WR not have any diva tendencies, and Austin is that rare bird.

2. McShay (among others) has said that Austin is the ONLY true playmaker in the draft.

3. I've watched Amendola push this offense down the field 7 yards at a time for a few years now. If Austin can step into that same role, but do so 11 yards at a time, this offense will be world's better than it is now.

4. The NFL offenses seem to be running on unpredictability. Well, what's more unpredictable than this kid?

5. One thing that made the GSOT what it was, was the defense's knowledge that the top could be blown off the secondary on any given play. The Rams haven't had that in years, and defenses have felt comfortable knowing their back door was safe. Austin "should" be able to shake the foundations of that comfort.

6. Fishead has yet to be wrong. Guess they haven't exactly given me a reason to lose faith now.
    Nick, eric2810, Torry Holt and 4 others like this.

"Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

cfh128 is offline Registered User

Re: Pass me the Kool "A"id

I'm with ya Hub. Pass me some of that kool aid. We will get on board with this pick if it kills us.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Although Austin hasn't proven anything yet I have full confidence in Fisher and Sneads ability to recognize talent.

Rambos is offline Registered User

I also have my concerns about his size and if the Rams staff can create plays for him. But I'm all in if they feel he will be that special, they know best IMO.

This guy is from another planet,” Snead texted to his wife Kara following the Morgantown workout.
    "You have decisions to make and don't be scared to get what you want," Snead said.
    If you don't like the player I guess it's hard to appreciate the move up and back in the same draft to get him and do a little cost averaging in the process. I grew up watching the 9ers of the 80's own the draft, they used it like it was their own personal supply room. Now we are the smartest guys in the room and it feels great!

Last year we could have stayed at 6 and took Morris Claiborne and no one would have complained about that pick. But Les turned it into Brockers, Pead and Roc, and we still drafted the better CB in Jenkins in round two IMO.

I can't wait to see what they do next!

RockinRam is offline Registered User

My only concern would be going against the Seahawks 6'4 cornerbacks. Sure Austin is small and fast, but those cornerbacks have very underrated speed. It's going to be interesting how we gameplan for that.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RockinRam View Post
    My only concern would be going against the Seahawks 6'4 cornerbacks. Sure Austin is small and fast, but those cornerbacks have very underrated speed. It's going to be interesting how we gameplan for that.
    I wouldn't exactly say they have underrated speed. Givens SMOKED Sherman on a 52 yard bomb last year, and Browner is extremely slow. Either way, the guy that'll be matched up most likely with Austin is Antoine Winfield.
    lostsoul and ZiaRam like this.

THE DREAM TEAM

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

I'll go ahead and get your jersey on pre-order, HUb.
    ZiaRam likes this.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I'll go ahead and get your jersey on pre-order, HUb.
    Do Austin jerseys come in adult sizes?
    lostsoul likes this.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    Do Austin jerseys come in adult sizes?
    Not if they're authentic, but I'll see what I can come up with.

thoey is offline Registered User

I need the number soon. Wife is in Korea for about a month longer...
    This space for rent...

macrammer is offline Registered User

If I recall correctly, there were some on this board that went to the defense of last years second round pick......Quick. Something about sharing Ike's stats and other (Ellard??) during their PRO first years. I am tempering my enthusiasm for 2013 but still think long term this is a great addition.