Dr. Defense is offline Registered User

The Past isn't the present

Ya sure we got totally spanked by the Cardinals. Sure we got humiliated infront of the entire nfl. As far as I'm concerned we deserve it. We play this badly for so long we don't deserve respect.

This is all in the past, you can't change the past. What I want to know is how we are going to turn this team around? All I know is that we need some serious change in this team.

One thing that I want to say though, is that if we cut Icognito then we should just quit as an organization. Everyone is calling him out. Guess what? He's a damn rookie. He hasn't played center in almost 4 years. He's been doing so well, he's not going to come into this league into this organization and just be perfect. There's a thing called the rookie wall and he just hit it. If everyone cut rookies when they hit this wall the entire FA would be draft picks. What isn't un-excusable is Barron. This is his second year, he shouldn't be making those stupid rookie mistakes.

sprtsmac is offline Registered User

Re: The Past isn't the present

Incognito isn't a rookie, he was drafted the same year Barron was. If you want to consider him a rookie because he was on the IR last then I'll buy that. I like Incognito and his attitude. But at the same time he has to learn when to tone it down so he doesn't cost the team 15 yards.
    Sprtsmac :football:

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by sprtsmac View Post
    Incognito isn't a rookie, he was drafted the same year Barron was. If you want to consider him a rookie because he was on the IR last then I'll buy that. I like Incognito and his attitude. But at the same time he has to learn when to tone it down so he doesn't cost the team 15 yards.
    thats what I think he meant. I've said before, I think he's a savior for the most part in regard to the center position. It's not as easy as some people may think. I think he's a keeper, and can be taught to keep his cool on the field.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Cogs is a grinder. Let's not forget that penalty against the Seahawks saw Cogs going to defend Jackson as the Seahawks were manhandling him. Also, Ike was fined for his flying leap into the pile. It just so happened that the Refs flagged Cogs.

LDJOHN55 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    Cogs is a grinder. Let's not forget that penalty against the Seahawks saw Cogs going to defend Jackson as the Seahawks were manhandling him. Also, Ike was fined for his flying leap into the pile. It just so happened that the Refs flagged Cogs.
    I agree with Incognito's enthusiasm and grit. I don't care if Cogs is suspended for a game if he defends his teammates. At this point, I want to see if they're dedicated to the team and are there for each other. I wish we had an outbreak of that zeal on the Offensive side of the line. He has to learn to manage it as was said above, so the team doesn't suffer. I'll step up and say that I thought that Kyle Turly was the fire & desire we needed on the team, but he got injured and developed 'beef' with the HC. I had a huge amount of respect for Turley when I saw him take up for Brooks when that Defender tried to rip his head off. I want a teammate to fight with tooth and nail to protect his fellows, especially the QB. So, with that digression, I want to see the Offensive players protect Bulger. We don't see that now.

If I wanted to see a group of stoic, well-mannered, gentlemen on the field I would turn on the Golf Channel. I want to see some giddy-up and go from our team and it's not happening.

Did Linehan slow down this team too much? I'd rather see the Rams score 30-odd points and lose than see them get beat 15-0.

I know I'm all over the map with this. What can I say? I'm almost over it.
    "Save the cheerleader, save the world."