Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Pat Kirwan and Tim Ryan had the following exchange on NFL radio

Quote Originally Posted by RANDYRAM View Post
    Long had some of the best combine numbers even for LBs So if he has the ability to play OLB on pass plays it would be a waste of his talent to not use him in as many ways as possible!! I was thinking more in a 3 4 not a 4 3 although he could be there in a pinch.
    The problem being, the Rams don't use a base 3-4 alignment. They run a base 4-3, where Long should play his natural 4-3 End position. A 4-3 SAM doesn't rush the passer as much as a 3-4 OLB or a 4-3 End. A 4-3 SAM is going to contain the outside gap, and jam the TE on the line, but it doesn't really play to the disruptive nature of Long's game. He needs to be on the line in the 4-3 or off the edge in a 3-4, not just soaking up TEs as a 4-3 SAM.

"Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

RedArcher7 is offline Registered User

Speed doesn't make Avery good, it makes him fast. Speed doesn't mean a thing if he can't catch a cold. He also played in a passing system that rivals Hawaii and Texas Tech.

Al Davis you should love this pick, we got the second fastest receiver in the draft.

None of the receivers in the draft could run routes, they all sucked at it. As far as all the experts saying that's where Avery should of gone...that's crap. Not one of them had him going there. I wish the Linehan would make up his mind about his offense. First it was no more 3-4 WR sets, there's a lot more 2 TE sets. Bye Bye GSOT. Now we're trying to bring it back?

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RedArcher7 View Post
    I wish the Linehan would make up his mind about his offense. First it was no more 3-4 WR sets, there's a lot more 2 TE sets. Bye Bye GSOT. Now we're trying to bring it back?
    Al Saunders is now the guy calling the shots on offense. If you have a problem, it would be with him, not Linehan.

RedArcher7 is offline Registered User

Oh really? I could have sworn Linehan was the Head coach, and still should be the one running the show.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RedArcher7 View Post
    Oh really? I could have sworn Linehan was the Head coach, and still should be the one running the show.
    I'm pretty sure the offense has been handed over to Saunders.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345