Thread: Pat Shurmur

3STL9 is offline Registered User

Pat Shurmur

I will agree, I posted early last year, around week 5, saying he should be fire.

Later on I retracted the statement.

However, I am not going to start that up again. BUT our offense two weeks in sometimes looks real predictable. Run/PA/Pass etc..and usually in that order or Run/Run/PA. Shurmur might want to add some seasoning, because if not I will however complete give up on him soon.

hawaiianpunch is offline Registered User

Re: Pat Shurmur

Quote Originally Posted by 3STL9 View Post
    ks real predictable. Run/PA/Pass etc..and usually in that order or Run/Run/PA. Shurmur might want to add some seasoning, because if not I will however complete give up on him soon.
    Exactly. Its what Ive been saying since yesterday. He has no mix up game in his play calling, he is way to predictable. I hope he reads this that Shurmur needs to step his game up, come up with some knew plays, or just open up the playbook more. Run to the outside, WR screen, pass to the Tight end down the middle.

Watching the game Yesterday the middle was WIDE open, cause they were clogging the running lanes in the second half against steven.
    Last edited by hawaiianpunch; -09-20-2010 at 07:39 PM.

molar_pistol is offline Registered User

it's what i and many others have been saying since last year..the guy is so conservative it's sickening, i understand we are not a very good team but you have to take a shot here and there at least, and preferably before there's 5 minutes left in the game and it's too late.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Pat Shurmur- Offensive Coordinator

St. Louis Rams Offense (2009)

175 total points or 10.93 pts per game (let's say 11 pts per game)

St. Louis Rams Offense (2010)

13 points game 1, an increase over the 2009 avg. of 2 pts

14 points game 2, an increase over the 2009 avg of 3 pts.

At this pace we will hit the 20 point barrier by week 8. Just in time for Shurmur to catch his breath during our week 9 bye week.

ONE WORD: UGLY!!!!

makersncoke is offline Registered User

Agreed that Shurmur is dreadfull, but why in the world can't the rest of this coaching staff make adjustments during the game? We continue to get run on like a track at the olympics, we can't adjust pass routes or call running plays that counteract what the defense is doing. We were outcoached big time by a guy who likes to take his coordinators and smash their heads into a file cabinet! Last year I will say that Spags was getting his feet wet and he inherited a mess, this year there needs to be improvement or he needs and his staff should be out looking for jobs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

hawaiianpunch is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by molar_pistol View Post
    it's what i and many others have been saying since last year..the guy is so conservative it's sickening, i understand we are not a very good team but you have to take a shot here and there at least, and preferably before there's 5 minutes left in the game and it's too late.
    Agreed... Even last year I thought at times Scott Linehan was making calls or something.

punahou is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    Pat Shurmur- Offensive Coordinator

St. Louis Rams Offense (2009)

175 total points or 10.93 pts per game (let's say 11 pts per game)

St. Louis Rams Offense (2010)

13 points game 1, an increase over the 2009 avg. of 2 pts

14 points game 2, an increase over the 2009 avg of 3 pts.

At this pace we will hit the 20 point barrier by week 8. Just in time for Shurmur to catch his breath during our week 9 bye week.

ONE WORD: UGLY!!!!
    Many of us stated at some point that we feel Shurmer is just not a good coordinator.
    Ive stated before it's evident that in Philadelphia AReid more likely than not coddled this guy, and I remain stalwart on the stance that Pat is not really an offensive coordinator, rather he thinks he is his father as the offensive statistics Pat produces look like super defensive stats.

On that note-- a marquee receiver and some pass rushing force in the front defensive 7 are sorely needed.

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

i think losing the starting TE early in each of our games so far (tho Fells i believe came back into the game on sunday) has really screwed up his plans..a top OC would have overcome those setbacks but that`s clearly something he is not yet ( if he will ever become one atall)..i`m sure once we have a reliable target at TE on the field for whole games,we will see a different outcome with our O.
    tho until we get our true go to number 1 wideout, we will never have a top O.
    I can`t blame him too much for last season..i don`t think any OC could have made the Offense potent last year with the epidemic that hit that unit.

i have also noticed that against the top teams we have played since the new coaching staff have been in place..we have been more creative than against the lower,more beatable teams..i think the reason for this is Spags has told him to play it more safe and try and ground out the victory,where as against the Saints,Vikes,Texans etc..they have played with a more "nothing to lose " attitude..so they have been able to try more risky,less predictable plays in those games.

not related to Pat, nor a member of his fan club..just think that some of the criticism of him is a tad OTT and not all the blame should be placed on his shoulders.

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Again, you can say the play calling sucks, because it does ...

But it's difficult to tell whose philosophy is really running this team. Spags seems ultra conservative by nature. The entire team goes into a shell at halftime. We played a nice offensive half against the Raiders, should have had more points ...

Shurmur is a Andy Reid derivative. I'm not 100% certain, but I bet Spags has alot of general influence on the offensive gameplan ...

RebelYell is offline Registered User

So far, the Rams offense is being out coached by the other teams defense in the second half. In the first half, the Rams have looked decent. A big part of coaching is making adjustments and the Rams coaching staff isn't making the correct adjustments (so far).

And I hope Spags IS involved in the offensive game plan because if this team collapses down the stretch, it's the offense that's going to get him removed as head coach. The defense is playing very well.

3STL9 is offline Registered User

Also how many years has it been that we have been complaining about: "WE NEVER MAKE HALFTIME ADJUSTMENTS"