Thread: Pat Shurmur

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Pat Shurmur

Pat actually hasn't done a bad job this season. Although the 2nd half does make me want to puke. Anyways, thats not the point.

This week we play the 3-8 Arizona Cardinals. Yes, the same Cardinals that we lost too in week 1. Time for our revenge. We know they will be committed to stop Steven Jackson. Probably loading guys in the box. I would love to see some of those roll-outs. Shurmur has to be on the top of his game and has to get creative. Those end arounds with Amendola were brilliant too.

We have to keep both of those plays in this weeks play-book. We constantly pound the ball up the middle. Wearing the defense down, and whats a better way to catch them off guard with a end around. Maybe we should try Kenneth Darby lined up at WR and then do the end around with him. I would love to get him more involved in the play-book.

Possibly try some split back formations. I really like what Darby brings to the table. Also, a lot of people are complaining and demanding a new back up RB for Steven. Preferably a change of pace back. Well, give Darby a chance. He has been pretty impressive in the little he has shown. Give him maybe 5-8 carries. Dump the ball to him. Obviously not taking Steven's place but last time we played Arizona Sam threw the ball 55 times...which is quite a bit.

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Re: Pat Shurmur

Only reason that I don't like the Darby end around idea is because it's too obvious. If you split him out, they look at him as a decoy. Once he starts moving back towards the formation, the defense will all look to him for the end around. Now... if he can throw the ball at all, I would LOVE to see him get the end around handoff, only for him to pull up and heave it just behind the defense to a crossing Alexander.
    I believe!

swatter555 is offline Registered User

Well, we need to do something about second half playcalling or execution or both, otherwise it will be tough to win another game this year. The defense being out on the field the entire second half is a re-occuring pattern that needs to be addressed, everything else is windowdressing.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

I'd like to see Jackson more involved in the passing attack.

GO RAMS!!!!

thickandthin is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    I'd like to see Jackson more involved in the passing attack.

GO RAMS!!!!
    totally agree, I'm not mad at Bradford's game against the Broncos at ALL. but we literally only passed to him once.. and for a loss of 6... I think if we ran a Strong-I set in the second half, and play actioned then passed it off to Jackson in the flats we'd get some production. This would be better than power run, power run, slant.

MACD is offline Registered User

I think SJ is having difficulty catching with his right hand problem. I know he's made some ridiculous catches anyway, but sensed it was a problem for him last week.

thickandthin is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by MACD View Post
    I think SJ is having difficulty catching with his right hand problem. I know he's made some ridiculous catches anyway, but sensed it was a problem for him last week.
    you do have a point. I didn't remember he still had pins.

berg8309 is offline Registered User

I'd love to see Jackson and Darby both in the backfield and run a wishbone type play. Not because I think it would work, but because it would be a fun curveball to toss and see what happens.