BrokenWing is offline Registered User

Pat Shurmur Mark 2

I have been critical of Shurmur several times this season, and I still have issues with some of his play calls (that last drive at Denver) but I want to give him credit where he deserves it. There is a clear evolution of playcalling, I can see him improving in what he does from week to week and I think he's going to develop into a solid offensive coordinator.

What I saw from him today in the 4th quarter was really nice to see. He called a few pass plays when he needed them on the final drive, shifted around the running game a little bit and got first downs and ran out the clock. That's a marked improvement from refusing to pass and not changing much of anything in the last drive against Denver and in some other drives in other weeks in the second half as well.

Would have liked to see Bradford get a TD pass to make up for his one interception, but not throwing it with 30 seconds left was the right thing to do.

Also thought Jackson was running a lot harder today.

hawaiianpunch is offline Registered User

Re: Pat Shurmur Mark 2

Today was a good example of how to call a game. But for me this was the first game where he made the right decisions at the right time. Ill give him a pat on the back, especially since the offense ended up on the field at the end of the game.

Lets hope he stays consistent. Rams have control of the NFC. For i as much as i critized shumur i am happy with the results. But Shurmur needs to get his stuff together, if we are to make a run for the playoffs, we can't make calls like how he did against tampa and the faiders.

I think he's starting to learn to put a full game together. My hope and belief is that we won't see many more games called like those.

RockinRam is offline Registered User

I personally don't think he called a great game, but it was enough to win.

I think there is a difference between great and solid, and I think he called a solid game. More importantly, I think he showed development.

macrammer is offline Registered User

I think solid is a good representation of today. Shurmur not too unlike Rams team as a whole....all have shown marked improvement and 'solid" performances. Quite a step up from last year and early season jitters.

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

I'm happy with Shurmur.

I'll take him over any of the posters around here that complain week after week.

As if any of you could run an NFL offense.

I'm sure most of you would have gotten our QB killed by now.

Rookie QB, young offensive tackles and a line that needs to build chemistry. Young and inexperienced group of WR's. I'd say Shurmur has done a good job with this group. Most importantly he has let Sam gain confidence while keeping him healthy.

Yes they are conservative at times, but I truly think that has been the best formula for this young group.

As much as I enjoyed the wide open style of Mad Mike, I also hated what that high risk offense did to Kurt Warner. I have no desire to see a young Sam Bradford get abused and injured because some jack-ass wants to see more aggresive playcalling.

Just let this thing develop, enjoy the wins and quit whining every week! Geez!

supachump is offline Registered User

While I may not be able to run an NFL offense, it doesn't exclude me and others from having a right to be criticial.

With that said and with my previous problems with Shurmur's playcalling. I wasn't bothered by yesterdays. The same level of playcalling held throughout the day till the end of the game, and that is all I'm looking for from him. He hasn't done that in previous weeks, imo. (he didn't seem to just sit on a lead and go into a shell. )

It was consistent (consistently ugly, but consistent none the less).

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Ferter View Post
    I'm happy with Shurmur.

I'll take him over any of the posters around here that complain week after week.

As if any of you could run an NFL offense.

I'm sure most of you would have gotten our QB killed by now.

Rookie QB, young offensive tackles and a line that needs to build chemistry. Young and inexperienced group of WR's. I'd say Shurmur has done a good job with this group. Most importantly he has let Sam gain confidence while keeping him healthy.

Yes they are conservative at times, but I truly think that has been the best formula for this young group.

As much as I enjoyed the wide open style of Mad Mike, I also hated what that high risk offense did to Kurt Warner. I have no desire to see a young Sam Bradford get abused and injured because some jack-ass wants to see more aggresive playcalling.

Just let this thing develop, enjoy the wins and quit whining every week! Geez!

What he said. I epecially agree with the bolded part.

We're in 1st place in the division, favorites to make the playoffs, have same amount of wins this year, as the last 3 years combined, just beat a division rival on the road, and still people complain??!?!?!!

What will it take to make you guys happy? Do you expect perfect play calling, every play, every game? Cause there's not a team in the NFL that does that.
    Last edited by RamFan_Til_I_Die; -12-06-2010 at 01:09 PM.